Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 2017 Timeline  (Read 30752 times)

• Liked: 3
Re: 2017 Timeline
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2017, 03:40:12 AM »
Congrats! Really happy for you, and extremely impressed with their processing time.

I'm curious- do they only inform Tier 2 applications if their visa was approved in the email? All the posts Ive seen say that no information is given in the email itself, so was quite surprised that yours told you.

Anyhow, congrats again, hope you catch your flight- and dont forget to keep the rest of us in your thoughts!!!

Thank you so much, and of COURSE I will keep you all in my thoughts. As I mentioned in my first post, I've been reading here much longer than I've been posting, and I've been following a lot of your stories. I am wishing for the best for all of you.

• Liked: 24
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2017, 03:42:26 AM »
11th week!? Wah. I can't even imagine. It must feel like you've been waiting a lifetime. I'm only on my second week of waiting (got the confirmation email on the 12th), but it feels like it's been months. It's amazing how much longer time takes when you're waiting for something important.

And it's not just the waiting, it's the constantly being on edge. Every email I get between when I wake up and the end of the business day in the UK, I get so excited--and then so disappointed when it's nothing to do with the visa. Eleven weeks of that must be frazzling, to say the least. You'll need a vacation by the time you get to the UK!

• Liked: 116
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2017, 04:14:06 AM »
I think we've earned a vacation!   ;D I just hope we hear something soon.  I go through the same thing with emails.  In a way, weekends are nice because I can give myself a break from constantly being let down by every email.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 48
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2017, 07:16:33 AM »
some news peeps.....well not realy but....

I decided to contact the UKVI via the contact email form on the website just saying..."respectfully because I (husband) has missed original start date for work.....can you please update on the status of the settlement visa application"...something like that......the website says they will respond within 24 hours and I figured it was a longshot.

Hubby texted me at 6:30am ths morning (UK time) to say he had a response from the email contact form which said that his application has been reviewed and a decision made and to await all his documents being returned. SO, if that's true, we are making progress - I just wish they would tell you in the email what the decision is!

We have not had any completed email from UKVI EO and I have checked the UPS tracking number and nothing has been returned yet either - but hope to have something definite to report back by the end of this week.

Just thought I would let you know that it looks as though its possible to get responses through the web contact form! Good Luck everyone!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2017, 09:22:49 AM »
Sorry you guys are experiencing a long wait!  This REALLY IS the best time of year to apply.  Just unfortunately they haven't caught up on the Christmas backlog yet, which is impacting things.  Over the last few months, Sheffield has taken on more countries that they process applications from.  So unfortunately it may be the days of quick processing are fewer and further between.

And yes, visas processed in NYC still tell you if they are issued or refused in the email.  Sheffield is mysterious.   ;)

Great new Makdowell.  Unfortunately it still usually takes several days to get the decision made email.

Also, rest assured your applications are sitting on someone's desk collecting dust.  Once someone picks your application up, the actual processing takes 45 minutes - 2 hours.

• Liked: 24
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2017, 12:37:50 PM »
News from me as well--I got my decision made email. Now I guess it's going to be a couple days obsessively checking the tracking information and my account to make sure my IHS isn't refunded!

• Liked: 11
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2017, 12:46:24 PM »
 Best wishes to you Colin!
Happy to here that progress is being made!!!
 :)

• Liked: 424
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2017, 12:56:21 PM »
YAY!!! :) :) :)

Congratulations Colin!

• Liked: 12
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2017, 01:01:57 PM »
News from me as well--I got my decision made email. Now I guess it's going to be a couple days obsessively checking the tracking information and my account to make sure my IHS isn't refunded!

Congrats to Colin and all with news. I just got my confirmation email. Hoping they get to non-priority soon!!

Non-Priority Settlement Visa
Online Visa application submitted 1/11/2017
Biometrics Appointment: 1/17/2017
Shipped: 1/17/2017
Confirmation Email: 1/25/17

• Liked: 1
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2017, 01:14:25 PM »
Can someone please tell me what is the Biometric test? I am going to be applying for a marriage visa and I want to make sure I have the appropriate documents. I have always wanted to move to the UK as a little girl and met my fiance who is a citizen. Also I am a little unclear with the Marriage Visa. Does my fiance need to submit anything as well or is it only me since i am applying for the visa?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2017, 01:31:33 PM »
Best to start a new thread, as this is really just used for people's timelines. 

We can help guide you with what you need.  You and your fiancĂ© need to submit items, but most will come from him.

Biometrics is simply where they take your fingerprints and a photo.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2017, 01:43:56 PM »
ahhh ok thank you and I will post in the visa part. I greatly appreciate your help  :)

• Liked: 6
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2017, 03:20:06 PM »
I sent non-priority too, but am only on my 6th week since I got my confirmation recieved email. I am already stir crazy. No proper job and living with my parents during this transition. I keep myself as busy as I can and try so hard to not get too excited about being back in England with my fiancé where I believe I belong.

• Liked: 12
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2017, 03:24:19 PM »
BlueUSA what visa did you apply for?

• Liked: 7
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2017, 03:33:56 PM »
I submitted non-priority around the same time (Jan 19th). You are most certainly not alone and I completely get it! Thinking about the shoulda woulda coulda won't help and its hard not to think like that but try not to! Many may not understand what we're going through but imagine the day you get there and hold on to that! We are so lucky to be able to afford and go through this process and have such great people waiting for us :) (At least this is all what I'm telling myself everyday to keep me sane).

Lots of love x
I am now wishing I had submitted priority as well. But I also mailed everything on January 19, and while my tracking says it was signed for on Monday, I dont have any official 'received' email yet. I wont worry about that until Friday though.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab