Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Coming out of lurking to ask questions  (Read 561 times)

• Liked: 2
Coming out of lurking to ask questions
« on: January 19, 2017, 09:02:29 PM »
Hello All,
I am a Canadian living in the US for the past 5 years with my husband. I have dual citizenship (Canadian/British). My husband is in the process of registering as a British citizen so he can get his passport too, and we are hoping to move over to the UK within the year.

I have been reading this site for a while now - the Canadian equivalent doesn't seem to exist, and since we are going to be making the move from the US I figured we could  get something out of it. I finally have a reason to ask questions/use the search function so here I am  :) Hopefully I'll get some answers.

• Liked: 170
Re: Coming out of lurking to ask questions
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 09:07:14 PM »
Hello All,
I am a Canadian living in the US for the past 5 years with my husband. I have dual citizenship (Canadian/British). My husband is in the process of registering as a British citizen so he can get his passport too, and we are hoping to move over to the UK within the year.

I have been reading this site for a while now - the Canadian equivalent doesn't seem to exist, and since we are going to be making the move from the US I figured we could  get something out of it. I finally have a reason to ask questions/use the search function so here I am  :) Hopefully I'll get some answers.

Welcome! At least you won't have to go through all the visa shenanigans!
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 09:13:10 PM »
Thank you - yes, very grateful for that, though I know from our move to the US there will be other hurdles to jump. Mainly things like building credit and finding jobs. Plus making friends, which I think is my biggest worry.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 09:13:53 PM »
Welcome.  We have a few Canadians hanging around.   :D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab