Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: For US to UK shipping dog - USDA website information is INCORRECT!  (Read 1405 times)

• Liked: 48
And as a consequence our dog is now sitting in quarantine 130 mile, 4 hour drive away😒😫😡

We read the instruction, the vet read the instructions, the pet shipping company got all the docs signed off by USDA and when our dog arrives at Heathrow today we are told the USDA is giving wrong information and we can either ship the dog back to the US or have him quarantined at a huge additional
Cost which is what we had to do given that we had no choice.

Issue is that his original chip was not ISO compliant so he had to be rechipped. USDA says if rabies was done Prior to rechipping but both chips can be read, re-doing rabies vaccination is not required after inserting second chip. This is utterly incorrect!

Our dog is now far far away, alone and probably traumatized and we have an additional £865 tompY for the privilege of following incorrect USDA information.

Just FYI

• Liked: 4985
Re: For US to UK shipping dog - USDA website information is INCORRECT!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 08:12:42 PM »
Who was your pet shipper?  I would expect the onus is on them for not understanding the rules.

Was doggie rechipped in the US or just since arriving in the U.K.?

So sorry, I know you must be so stressed!  I was a wreck until my kitties were with me.

• Liked: 48
Re: For US to UK shipping dog - USDA website information is INCORRECT!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 05:27:22 PM »
So our dog was originally chipped in the US in 2014 with an Avid 9 digit chip and vaccinated afterwards. The rules for immigration said that if you don't have an ISO compliant 15 digit chip you have to be re-chipped but NOT revaccinated if the original chip can still be read, which it can! I am even more pissed because the UK pet collection center says it can read AVID cips so he didn't even need to be re-chipped or vaccinated, which again I feel the pet shipper could have told me in advance. I absolutely feel that the pet shipper should have known that UK requirement is revaccinated after re-chip, except that UK said if the dog has received a one year and not a 3 year before the re-chip he would have been ok to enter on arrival, or if his 3 year vaccine had been done less than a year ag he would have been admitted, which makes no sense to me because it's the same vaccination regardless of whether it was done he year ag poor not. So superbly mad right now and very out of pocket.  >:(

Sponsored Links