Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse visa questions (name change, US marriage, etc.)  (Read 6041 times)

• Liked: 210
Re: Spouse visa questions (name change, US marriage, etc.)
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2017, 12:19:26 AM »
How in the world did you do long distance for two years? One month and we've had so many major meltdowns already!
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 97
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2017, 12:39:17 AM »
It's tough but we were way luckier than most on here getting to see each other usually every 2-4 weeks. This time is the longest and when I see him on the 28th it will be 112 days.

Some tips and I know others on here proably have great ones
1. Watch your favourite tv programs or movies at the same time. -sounds stupid but it's kept us super connected in terms of scheduling time for each other and we can react to shows at the same time. Feels normal. We plan movie dates. Both have popcorn. Again corny but it's worked well for us!
2. Make plans-during our real long distance we planned holidays or even just amazing cheap days out in London or Dublin. We would research restaurants and parks even once went on a best chips in London taste test we designed ourselves. Plan to be together get excited about it. I know you don't have dates yet, but I promise having something concreate too look forward to helps. This time we have been planing our first day back together(Nando's cause I miss it lol).
3. Send pictures-not the dirty type unless you are into it but I do of funny stuff and of stupid things like meals. He always sends me pictures of his hotel
Rooms when he travels for work or his tea when settling at home for the night. I don't know about you but it's normal dinner, sitting down and watching the together before bed I miss. The normal physical. Pictures of the normal day to day kept us up with each other. Made me feel part of his day rather than hearing he just had dinner. 

Don't get bogged down in the visa stuff. I'm so lucky my husband is just so positive and really wouldn't let me talk or worry. Think of it as tick box like the wise people on here say. You will get those last docs and then it will be gone!
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

• Liked: 537
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2017, 07:48:38 AM »
We did long distance for two years and we only got to see eachother... 4 times.

We skyped every day, video chat and phone calls. We also IMed throughout the day as well.

We watched most of Doctor Who together. It was awesome. Haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 116
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2017, 03:14:10 PM »
We also did long distance for two years.  The first year I was freelance so I was able to skype him all the time, but in 2016 I worked a regular job that meant I got home too late to skype.  One or the other used skype credit to call the other's phone, either him calling me late at night for him when I was on the bus home, or me waking up early to catch him at lunch.  It isn't easy, but knowing there's an end to the long distance got us through it.  The time difference is rough, though.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2017, 03:20:04 PM »
Fortunately I'm a very early riser and she's a late one, so we're actually usually in sync. :D And we use FB phone to call when I'm outside (on data) and Facetime to call when I'm inside (on wifi).

Still hard when you can't kiss or hug or cuddle, though. Hard to do it through a screen!

Still, I remember when a long distance relationship meant a hideously expensive phone call for about five minutes once a month.

We use Rabbit, which is a great (but glitchy) website where we can watch netflix, etc. together. It's fabulous when it works. And I mail her a card/letter every week. (lol if nothing else, we're getting tons of relationship evidence for UKVI!)

Does anyone here want to connect over another kind of social media, like FB, etc.? Would be lovely to be able to chat without it being available publicly to anyone on the web.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2017, 03:27:54 PM »
Fortunately I'm a very early riser and she's a late one, so we're actually usually in sync. :D And we use FB phone to call when I'm outside (on data) and Facetime to call when I'm inside (on wifi).

Still hard when you can't kiss or hug or cuddle, though. Hard to do it through a screen!

Still, I remember when a long distance relationship meant a hideously expensive phone call for about five minutes once a month.

We use Rabbit, which is a great (but glitchy) website where we can watch netflix, etc. together. It's fabulous when it works. And I mail her a card/letter every week. (lol if nothing else, we're getting tons of relationship evidence for UKVI!)

Does anyone here want to connect over another kind of social media, like FB, etc.? Would be lovely to be able to chat without it being available publicly to anyone on the web.

There is a message function here if there's something you don't want to share with the whole world!

« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2017, 05:11:36 PM »
Accounts filed!

OMG!

Have already been in tears today.

So, although we are waiting on the hard copy, we are filing today.

I've called my bank to make sure my credit card balance is zero and put a travel alert to allow out-of-country transaction in the UK (thank you for the tip, whoever had problems!)

I THINK I know what to do, but I'm terrified I'll push the wrong button or click, or my wifi will go out, or we'll have a power outage, or...

OMG!

Please cross your fingers for us.

« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2017, 05:54:56 PM »
How strict are they about travel dates? I went to the UK a few years ago, but I can't remember (and don't have any written record, as the passport has been lost) the dates of the visit. The friend I visited is no longer in contact with me.

Can I guess? Will I be refused a visa for giving inaccurate dates?

Is it better not to put the trip down at all?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2017, 05:58:38 PM »
How strict are they about travel dates? I went to the UK a few years ago, but I can't remember (and don't have any written record, as the passport has been lost) the dates of the visit. The friend I visited is no longer in contact with me.

Can I guess? Will I be refused a visa for giving inaccurate dates?

Is it better not to put the trip down at all?

As best you can.  Month/year is fine.

No, they won't refuse for inaccurate dates.  :)

« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2017, 06:42:39 PM »
Thank you!

One more question.

The website said I was using a new easier to use form (ha!) and did not let me print out a biometrics sheet. (This was before I paid.)

I think the old system was that you paid everything and THEN scheduled biometrics, but this new system had me choose my BRP collection site and schedule the appointment before making any payments.

Has anyone done it with the new system? Do you still get a printout to sign and take to the ASC to get biometrics done?

Thank you!

« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2017, 07:27:38 PM »
The online submission form has logged me out and keeps giving me an error message saying that my session has timed out. I've closed my browser, restarted my computer, refreshed everything, etc. etc. and still no luck.

Anyone else have this issue? How did you fix it?

I've tried using multiple browsers (Firefox, Safari, etc.)

« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2017, 07:29:37 PM »
Just tried Chrome. That didn't work, either. My wife tried from the UK (to see if it was my settings, etc. and no luck).

OMG!

« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2017, 02:24:01 AM »
Putting the information here, too, for anyone coming later who needs it. :)

The really crappy successful fix:

Creating an entirely new application (within the same account) and copying everything over.

The old application is still there, and it still gives an error message.

But the new application works.

So...no clue?

Also, big huge warning, thanks to me. Be really, really careful you correctly choose the priority that's right for you--settlement vs. non-settlement, etc.

« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2017, 08:54:26 PM »
Question as we're triple-checking paperwork:

(We're filing category F, and we have a limited company)

We need to submit the CT600 (company tax return), but everything is filled out online.

We don't have a paper copy of the actual CT600. Is this going to be a problem?

We have the receipt from HMRC that it's been submitted (email, with a statement on the email that paper receipts are no longer issued), company accounts, matching bank statements, and signed letter from accountant stating that everything is accurate and genuine.

Thank you!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2017, 09:04:23 PM »
Question as we're triple-checking paperwork:

(We're filing category F, and we have a limited company)

We need to submit the CT600 (company tax return), but everything is filled out online.

We don't have a paper copy of the actual CT600. Is this going to be a problem?

We have the receipt from HMRC that it's been submitted (email, with a statement on the email that paper receipts are no longer issued), company accounts, matching bank statements, and signed letter from accountant stating that everything is accurate and genuine.

Thank you!

Yes, that would be a problem, you're going to need it.

(b) All of the following must be provided:

(i) Company Tax Return CT600 (a copy or print-out) for the last full financial year and evidence this has been filed with HMRC, such as electronic or written acknowledgment from HMRC.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

Can she not go into the online account and print a copy?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:05:43 PM by larrabee »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab