Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving in a short time period! Overwhelmed!!  (Read 694 times)

• Liked: 28
Moving in a short time period! Overwhelmed!!
« on: February 12, 2017, 03:21:23 AM »
Hello all! I currently live in Texas and have been married to my (UKC) husband for 7 years. We met through my roommate who studied abroad and he moved here after 2 years of long distance. We got married in 2010 and have one soon to be five year old son(dual citizen).  My husband was very unexpectedly offered a great job in his field of work and has accepted. It really is a great chance for him and we have been discussing moving back to the UK for a few years now anyway. However....this means that we have to leave a lot sooner than I was expecting and I am totally overwhelmed and at a loss of where to even start! We know about the visa and have it filled out. Luckily we meet both the income and savings requirements and have no major financial ties (no home, cars paid for, no investments, etc.). Hoping to get it all figured out soon but also looking forward to a new journey for our family!
Met: Sept 2008
US Fiancé Visa: June 2010
Married in US: July 2010
Son born: Feb 2012
Online Application: 24 Feb 2017
Biometrics: 27 Feb 3017
Sent application priority: 28 Feb 2017
Visa received: 29 Mar 2017--APPROVED!
Arrived in UK: 13 April 2017

• Liked: 6110
Re: Moving in a short time period! Overwhelmed!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 09:00:36 AM »
Hello all! I currently live in Texas and have been married to my (UKC) husband for 7 years. We met through my roommate who studied abroad and he moved here after 2 years of long distance. We got married in 2010 and have one soon to be five year old son(dual citizen).  My husband was very unexpectedly offered a great job in his field of work and has accepted. It really is a great chance for him and we have been discussing moving back to the UK for a few years now anyway. However....this means that we have to leave a lot sooner than I was expecting and I am totally overwhelmed and at a loss of where to even start! We know about the visa and have it filled out. Luckily we meet both the income and savings requirements and have no major financial ties (no home, cars paid for, no investments, etc.). Hoping to get it all figured out soon but also looking forward to a new journey for our family!

Hi ashlynnray! Welcome!  :)

If you have not already submitted the visa application, can I suggest that you post a list of the evidence you plan to include, as well as any questions you may have, on our visa forum here  http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?board=17.0
If you're new to the visa game, it's very easy to make a mistake and we can let you know if you are missing anything vital and generally ease the process for you.  :)

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 02:45:00 PM »
We have already been through the visa route coming this way(finance visa and then application for a green card) so we do have an idea of how to compile everything. But will definitely post over there to double check! Thanks

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 02:50:08 PM »
We have already been through the visa route coming this way(finance visa and then application for a green card) so we do have an idea of how to compile everything. But will definitely post over there to double check! Thanks

Whole different kettle of fish coming in this direction!  :)

• US citizen & UK citizen partner of 12 yrs
    • Portable Weirdness
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 02:58:11 PM »
(throws good luck at you) Good deal having a job right off the bat! Are you going to an area of the UK that you're already familiar with, or striking new ground?
"Human" is a noun. "Black", "White", "Asian", "Latino", "Indigenous", "Male", "Female", "GLBT", "Straight", "Christian", "Jewish", "Muslim", "Buddhist", "Hindu", "Pagan", "Conservative", "Liberal", are all adjectives.

• Liked: 107
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 08:37:28 AM »
Welcome! Where are you headed to?

Whole different kettle of fish coming in this direction!  :)

As larrabee said, please do not be too relaxed because you've done it once. It is totally different coming this way. I know because I was half way through the US visa process and we changed our minds and moved to the UK  :P. I'd hate for you to apply and forget/not realise you missed something. This website has everything you need, however  ;D

Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 04:09:04 PM »
Oh I'm definitely not "relaxed." Just not as overwhelmed as I would be looking at a similar process first hand. We have been going over this forum and all the government websites to make sure we have everything done correctly. We're moving to my husband's hometown, Oundle. It's just outside Peterborough. I am very familiar with the area, and we lived in the UK for a short time about 9 years ago. we started the process to stay there and changed to the US route then.

• Liked: 57
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 11:31:22 AM »
Oh I'm definitely not "relaxed." Just not as overwhelmed as I would be looking at a similar process first hand. We have been going over this forum and all the government websites to make sure we have everything done correctly. We're moving to my husband's hometown, Oundle. It's just outside Peterborough. I am very familiar with the area, and we lived in the UK for a short time about 9 years ago. we started the process to stay there and changed to the US route then.

My husband went to Oundle for boarding school. It's a beautiful area! I like to tease him that he went to Hogwarts.  ;)
Met at Disneyland Paris: spring 1995
Dated long distance: off & on 2008-2014
Our twin boys were born: Sep 2009
Engaged: Oct 10 2014
Married: December 5 2014
Online Application & paid PRIORITY Submitted: Dec 22 2014
Visa Received: Jan 14 2015
Arrived in the UK: Feb 28 2015
FLR(M) application mailed: Sep 12 2017
FLR(M) approved: Oct 27
SET(M) application submitted: Feb 4 2020 (super priority)
SET(M) appointment: Mar 9
SET(M) approved: Mar 10
Naturalisation app submitted: Jun 19
No biometrics needed email: July 23

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab