Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Key West to London with my Brit babe and boy  (Read 684 times)

• Liked: 0
Key West to London with my Brit babe and boy
« on: February 28, 2017, 12:10:55 AM »
Hi folks! I'm Trev, 31-year old guy married to an English girl, S, with our baby boy. We've called Key West our home for 5 years and we're self-employed digital marketers. During that time S has earned her permanent resident status and has just sent off her N-400 for citizenship! We hope to earn dual citizenship for both of us so we can enjoy our international family without borders.

Crazy twist - S's elderly grandfather has just moved back to the U.K. after 50 years in the U.S. He requires some assistance and S and I have agreed to be his carers. So the window for me to start my visa journey in England has opened! As S is about to close the file on her U.S. citizenship, mine for the U.K. is just opening.

I've only just started my application and there's obviously loads to do. Hope to gain some wisdom from you vets while I'm here.

I'll take the opportunity to ask my first question here:

Although we're self-employed, we work under the auspices of our LLC instead of 1099's. It's easier to run the agency this way. But, we don't adhere to strict accounting standards as it's only the two of us in business. As such, and since many of our expenses are split between personal and business, a lot of our outgoings are through the business.

We're applying for my visa in about a month. S is going to sponsor me as a Category G sponsor. Financial requirements include showing 2 years of income deposited in a personal account. However, since so many of the afore-mentioned expenses go out of our business account and never reach our personal accounts, this requirement could be a little tricky for us. We can definitely show the £18,500/yr average using net receipts. And both of our names are on the business account. Does anyone have an informed opinion on how we might meet the Category G requirement without showing the total monies going through a personal account?

• Liked: 3595
Key West to London with my Brit babe and boy
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 03:23:20 AM »
In short: you can't.

Category F/G is very tricky to qualify for as many documents are required. If even one document on the list is missing (even just one bank statement), the visa will be refused.

You MUST have 2 full financial years of personal bank statements showing the income being deposited into an account in her name to qualify.

Also, to qualify for the visa, your wife must show that SHE ALONE has earned an average of at least £18,600 from self-employment (before tax but after all business expenses) over the last 2 financial years. Nothing you have earned can count... so if your business is joint, they will only consider her share of the income towards the requirements and not the total amount earned.

She must also show that her self-employment income is guaranteed to continue in the UK for the foreseeable future, at a minimum of £18,600 per year.... earned solely by her.

So she would either need to provide evidence that her business will continue in the UK/she has future contracts for UK work set up, providing an income of at least £18,600 per year, or she's going to need to secure a new job with a UK employer paying at least £18,600 and starting within 3 months of moving home (which would mean applying under category B instead).

Is there any other financial category she could qualify under instead? Do you have £62,500 or more in cash savings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 03:24:53 AM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 0
Re: Key West to London with my Brit babe and boy
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 01:38:01 AM »
Hi ksand24, thanks for the input. It sounds like a pretty tough beat. We have seen one guy online who was in a similar situation and made it, but it's by no means the majority. I've gotten in touch with an immigration attorney who is checking it out. At this rate our more conservative approach is to to go A/B.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab