Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: march timeline  (Read 26626 times)

• Liked: 56
Re: march timeline
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2017, 12:49:34 PM »
Very quiet on the timelines?? I take it nobody has heard anything recently? I suppose I wasn't expecting too much happening on a Monday but it is about 9 or 10 working days since a handful of people both priority and non-priority got their docs received emails  ???

I am praying for a sudden rush of decision emails! I'm hoping if there's a surge in priority decisions in the next few days then the non-priority decisions will soon follow - including my own!
Impatient Brit waiting on a spouse visa for her American husband..
Non Priority application received by Sheffield on February 27 2017
Decision Email : May 16th

• Liked: 14
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2017, 12:51:32 PM »
It's shocking how everything just seems to have suddenly stopped. It's making me feel so anxious. Really wouldn't it's love this process to be over and to be able to join my husband as soon as possible.  :\\\'(

• Liked: 325
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2017, 01:29:40 PM »
Very quiet on the timelines?? I take it nobody has heard anything recently? I suppose I wasn't expecting too much happening on a Monday but it is about 9 or 10 working days since a handful of people both priority and non-priority got their docs received emails  ???

I'm starting to liken Sheffield as throwing something extremely valuable into a black hole.  You know at some point it's gonna come out the other side, just don't know when.  The only thing I cling to is that none of us seem to be hearing anything back.  It would be much more anxiety driven if everyone was hearing back except for me.

• Liked: 28
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2017, 02:21:28 PM »
Nothing again today.....I am hopeful that it seems to be everyone and not just me. I would start to worry if I was the only one not hearing anything. That makes me less anxious that there is a problem and think it's more likely they had a surge of applications and are now backed up a bit. Still hoping for something this week as that would be 2 weeks for priority. We will see.....this waiting is awful. Being a single parent to our 5 year old is HARD. I have so much respect for parents who do this everyday. It also makes me appreciate how much my husband does for us! I am ready for this to be over and for us to be able to see him again!
Met: Sept 2008
US Fiancé Visa: June 2010
Married in US: July 2010
Son born: Feb 2012
Online Application: 24 Feb 2017
Biometrics: 27 Feb 3017
Sent application priority: 28 Feb 2017
Visa received: 29 Mar 2017--APPROVED!
Arrived in UK: 13 April 2017

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2017, 03:03:46 PM »
That makes me less anxious that there is a problem and think it's more likely they had a surge of applications and are now backed up a bit. Still hoping for something this week as that would be 2 weeks for priority.

I know it's hard, but don't worry - this is normal for processing times. We got lucky in Jan and Feb that the processing was so fast, but it does start slowing down from March onwards.

Back when they first introduced priority processing, it was a 15-working day service, so even though applications usually took less than 3 weeks, you had to assume that it could take the full amount of time and you couldn't complain to UKVI unless they took longer than that.

After a while, they took out the '15 working days' time limit and just said that priority applications would be put to the front of the line when they arrived... therefore meaning they no longer have to guarantee processing within 3 weeks, which means you can't complain even if it does take longer than 3 weeks, because they can't guarantee a specific timeline.

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2017, 03:22:10 PM »
I know it's hard, but don't worry - this is normal for processing times. We got lucky in Jan and Feb that the processing was so fast, but it does start slowing down from March onwards.

Thank you for reassuring us all! From your experience, and from what we've seen so far with recent processing times, how long do you think it will be before priority and non priority applications respectively are processed?   

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2017, 03:31:41 PM »
Thank you for reassuring us all! From your experience, and from what we've seen so far with recent processing times, how long do you think it will be before priority and non priority applications respectively are processed?

Honestly, there is no telling.  Processing times have been changing dramatically over the last year as Sheffield has started processing applications for more countries.  Meaning they have slowed from where they used to be, so it's hard for us to even use last year's averages this year.

I know it is so so hard, but really do try to keep busy and keep your mind off the application as much as possible.  It's out of your hands and you WILL hear.  It might be this week, it might be next week, it might be next month.  It's just impossible to predict at times. 

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2017, 03:33:15 PM »

I really couldn't say to be honest, as we have no recent approvals to use as an estimate... when the applications currently in Sheffield start getting decisions we can get a better idea of how long the processing times are right now.

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2017, 03:36:09 PM »
Thanks to you both. I'm a worrying type of gal at the best of times, so this is torture for me! But you're right, I shall push it to the back of my mind (or at least try to) and hope for a pick up in processing times!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2017, 03:41:30 PM »
Thanks to you both. I'm a worrying type of gal at the best of times, so this is torture for me! But you're right, I shall push it to the back of my mind (or at least try to) and hope for a pick up in processing times!

Someone once told me, "Worrying is like a rocking chair.  You are doing something but not getting anywhere."  I try to remember that when I'm worrying.  Can't say it really helps.... but it's something.   ;)

• Liked: 19
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2017, 04:16:58 PM »
For what its worth here's a link to alleged processing times.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/united-states/settlement-visas/settlement

So 50% in 10 working days, those figures are from Nov 2-16 though.

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2017, 04:29:30 PM »
For what its worth here's a link to alleged processing times.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/united-states/settlement-visas/settlement

So 50% in 10 working days, those figures are from Nov 2-16 though.

Yeah, I wouldn't pay much attention to those - they are always 1-2 months out of date, and actually they've been really lax with updating the website lately. They should have at least the January 2017 times up by now, possibly even the Feb ones.

Back in November was when they were still clearing the summer backlog and people who applied in June and July were getting their decisions in October and November... so those stats show that priority applications were taking about 2 weeks (people applying in Oct/Nov got their visas quickly as their backlog had already cleared), while the non-priority people included in those stats had been waiting up to 5 months and finally got their decisions in November!

A couple of years ago, a load of people did not pay for priority processing in May and June because the processing times webpage told them it would only take 15 working days. However, those were the April processing times and by May/June, it had increased to 2-3 months non-priority. Luckily, back then, you could purchase priority after the fact (which you can no longer do now)... so there was a rush of people upgrading to priority in July and August after already waiting 2 months, because they went by the website processing times.

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2017, 01:02:26 PM »
Tracking said my package was delivered Monday and I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet.  Thought maybe I'd have one by this morning.

• Liked: 116
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2017, 01:03:52 PM »
It's still only 1pm ;)  But I wouldn't worry if you don't get the confirmation email.  I never did and neither did a number of other people.  They're working on it!
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2017, 01:06:27 PM »
It's still only 1pm ;)  But I wouldn't worry if you don't get the confirmation email.  I never did and neither did a number of other people.  They're working on it!

Oh really!!  Well you've put my mind at ease a little. Thank you!  Feeling so impatient. Just really miss my husband.

Sponsored Links