Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Interesting...  (Read 3428 times)

• Liked: 1891
Re: Interesting...
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 01:16:05 PM »
What did you think about that case?  Did you see something that should have happened that did not?

• Liked: 57
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 01:58:59 PM »
That sounds surprising to me as well.  I was under the impression that if you show up pregnant and present to the NHS, you are going to get treated .  They might make token efforts to charge you something but it's pretty weak effort.  I don't even mind, who wants a pregnant woman to not get care? 

Here are the people who don't want pregnant women to get care...
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/%E2%80%98is-that-not-correct%E2%80%99-male-gop-lawmaker-asks-why-men-should-pay-for-prenatal-coverage/ar-AAo5g2W?li=BBnb7Kz
Met at Disneyland Paris: spring 1995
Dated long distance: off & on 2008-2014
Our twin boys were born: Sep 2009
Engaged: Oct 10 2014
Married: December 5 2014
Online Application & paid PRIORITY Submitted: Dec 22 2014
Visa Received: Jan 14 2015
Arrived in the UK: Feb 28 2015
FLR(M) application mailed: Sep 12 2017
FLR(M) approved: Oct 27
SET(M) application submitted: Feb 4 2020 (super priority)
SET(M) appointment: Mar 9
SET(M) approved: Mar 10
Naturalisation app submitted: Jun 19
No biometrics needed email: July 23

Interesting...
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 03:11:59 PM »
Oh God, Can I apologise to all women on his behalf? 

I've been listening to NPR all day and hearing about the "World's Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2017". 

I feel like my head is going to explode.  I also feel guilty for thinking that Half of America deserves to have their health insurance destroyed because that's what they voted for.

Whatever, tonight is Star Trek night, where we all cuddle on the sofa, eat candy and watch The Next Generation.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:16:28 PM by jimbocz »

• Liked: 424
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 11:56:57 AM »
I had a hospital appointment this morning to receive an injection due to having a negative blood type (pregnant).  At my last midwife appointment, my midwife said she needed to run some blood work to get my blood group type.  I said, "I'm A negative if that helps"
I'm A negative as well so if you ever need a top up......

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 12:13:15 PM »
I'm A negative as well so if you ever need a top up......

I'll keep that in mind, but let's hope not!  Works both ways.  I've got it if you need it.   ;)   ;D

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 12:21:32 PM »
Much appreciated! So few of us with A negative....something like 6% of the population!

• Liked: 111
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 02:50:02 PM »
My husband is A negative too. I'll volunteer him if you need some ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 03:18:15 PM »
My husband is A negative too. I'll volunteer him if you need some ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honey, there's a woman I know from the Internet who wants some of your blood.

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 03:18:48 PM »
So generous!  ;) Hopefully none of us need to add to what we have!

• Liked: 134
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 09:54:10 PM »
I am not negative but I do have an interesting tidbit about the NHS charging people.  My sister-in-law is a nurse in the A&E department at an NHS hospital and she said that they have to flag up anytime a foreign patient comes in.  I did find it interesting, though, how they were given absolutely no guidance about how to flag up cases, just told to flag it if someone seems foreign.  SIL had no idea that A&E care was free at point-of-service for all but that any further treatment outside of the department was billable.  I know that it's not her job to determine who pays for treatment but billing the appropriate people must be so difficult if hospital staff aren't given any sort of guidance!
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 342
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2017, 12:59:45 PM »
I am not negative but I do have an interesting tidbit about the NHS charging people.  My sister-in-law is a nurse in the A&E department at an NHS hospital and she said that they have to flag up anytime a foreign patient comes in.  I did find it interesting, though, how they were given absolutely no guidance about how to flag up cases, just told to flag it if someone seems foreign.

They have had guidance. They are meant to use their SPINE system to check, even if the person turns up with what appears to be a valid BRP. UKVI use SPINE to advise the NHS staff of who can have access to the NHS without being billed by using green and red banners on a patients details. No banner, then the NHS staff are meant to contact UKVI. 

Government departments have been advising UKVI for years, as it helps to find the illegals in the country, and that includes the NHS and schools. UKVI also has access to the NHS records to find people who have dissapeared. i.e. illegals who have failed to turn up for their reporting appointment at a centre, those absconding when they lose their appeals, overstaying visitors, those overstaying when their visa has ended or been curtailed etc.

SIL had no idea that A&E care was free at point-of-service for all but that any further treatment outside of the department was billable.  I know that it's not her job to determine who pays for treatment but billing the appropriate people must be so difficult if hospital staff aren't given any sort of guidance!

The NHS have always been told to bill those who must pay as the NHS was only ever free at point of use for some people, but as we have seen on here, many staff could not be bothered to do the work to raise a bill.

The 2014 Immigration Act made it quite clear that their NHS trust will be now be fined if their staff can't be bothered to bill. The NHS were even issued with clear guidance again in April 2015, when this new law on the NHS came into force.

When they bill, they don't lose that money from their budget and under that Immigration Act 2014, they can add 50% to the bill if there is no insurance  and their trust can keep all that money too.

If the patient has a BRP, their Trust still doesn't lose that money from their budget if they check on their SPINE system and see a green banner put there by UKVI. The Trust claim those treatment costs back from the government central fund where all the IHS payments are held. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:38:16 PM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links