Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone used FreeTaxUSA?  (Read 757 times)

• Liked: 3
Anyone used FreeTaxUSA?
« on: March 09, 2017, 05:13:13 PM »
I've used TaxAct the last few years with great success, but they imposed a massive price increase this year, so I'm considering going elsewhere. A bit of reading turned up https://www.freetaxusa.com - has anyone ever used them to file a return covering the usual expat situations? (primarily FTC)

• Banned

• Liked: 2
Re: Anyone used FreeTaxUSA?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 05:29:45 PM »
I'd recommend that you google 'US expat tax preparation', then email the first few firms that come up for a quote. They're all good, cheap, and accurate, so whichever response you like best should do you well.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 05:33:10 PM »
I'd recommend that you google 'US expat tax preparation', then email the first few firms that come up for a quote. They're all good, cheap, and accurate, so whichever response you like best should do you well.
As you'll see from the OP, I'm familiar with doing my own taxes and just asked for opinions on tax software. I find the response "google it" kind of insulting.

• Liked: 85
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 05:58:30 PM »
We used FreeTaxUSA this year for the first time. everything was ok but our taxes are very easy.  We used to use TurboTax but we no longer have a US credit cared with a US address, both our credit cards are US cards but with our UK address so no way to pay for the tax product.
Online Application Spouse Visa - 27 Jan 2015
Visa Received - 16 Feb 2015
FLR(M) In-Person  (Approved)- 4 Jan 2018
ILR (M) Approval - 23 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) - 28 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) APPROVED!!!!! - 10 Feb 2021
Citizenship ceremony - 10 June 2021

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab