Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Worried about getting back to the UK in our senior years  (Read 14694 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Worried about getting back to the UK in our senior years
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2017, 03:16:09 PM »
Hi Larrabee and Ksand24  :)
Yep I saw all of that this morning, I guess I was exhausted yesterday and should probably have left that part till this morning. ..happily it's done correctly now and I've paid for the round trip courier service along with the priority fee ...total $927

Oh, that's great, glad you got it sorted!  :)
Just be sure to place your priority receipt on top of the other papers in your package and write SETTLEMENT PRIORITY PROCESSING in bold black figures, all over the outside of your package.   :)

• Liked: 37
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2017, 03:58:37 PM »
Thank you Larrabee that was going to be my next question lol  :)
Met for the first time 2012
Married in the US May 2014
Biometrics for husband 12th June
Package mailed priority  to Sheffield 13th June
Email confirmation from Sheffield 16th June.
Decision received 11th July 😀 17 BD

« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2017, 05:44:21 PM »
I have just returned from getting everything printed out, and although I'm happy with the print out of the online form I'm not sure about the shipping labels / priority because they just have bar codes attached and I can't see the address on there of the actual facility in Sheffield or an address for their return to us here, although I did type that address in when I applied for the shipping.?

Another concern, given that my husband has his biometrics appointment Monday is the appointment letter, I'm not sure it's correct ,the one I have says at the top left of page Visa4UK.APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION ...then has the location address appointment time and date, then a paragraph entitled Your Biometric Enrollment Appointment. This paragraph explains you must take a print out of the appointment confirmation letter (this should be printed in the view the appointment button above the print your application button)...Is this form I have the correct one to take to the appointment?

« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2017, 06:56:05 PM »
I have just returned from getting everything printed out, and although I'm happy with the print out of the online form I'm not sure about the shipping labels / priority because they just have bar codes attached and I can't see the address on there of the actual facility in Sheffield or an address for their return to us here, although I did type that address in when I applied for the shipping.?

Another concern, given that my husband has his biometrics appointment Monday is the appointment letter, I'm not sure it's correct ,the one I have says at the top left of page Visa4UK.APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION ...then has the location address appointment time and date, then a paragraph entitled Your Biometric Enrollment Appointment. This paragraph explains you must take a print out of the appointment confirmation letter (this should be printed in the view the appointment button above the print your application button)...Is this form I have the correct one to take to the appointment?

I'm not sure about this because it was different when we applied but for the biometric letter, I believe the one you want is the one with a barcode.

I don't know about the shipping labels or the priority but it doesn't sound right to only be a barcode and no address. ksand will know.

I don't know if we mentioned this to you before but did you make copies of any documents that you want to have returned to you? You should do this for anything important.
It's also a good idea to make a copy for yourself of the application form and appendix 2 because you'll find them really useful when it's time to apply for FLR.  :)

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2017, 07:48:46 PM »
I don't know about the shipping labels or the priority but it doesn't sound right to only be a barcode and no address. ksand will know.

Sorry, I have no idea - I don't even know what the shipping labels look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2017, 07:54:43 PM »
Sorry, I have no idea - I don't even know what the shipping labels look like.

Me neither!  :)

When we did it, Janette, settlement applications were sent to New York by your own method and were then forwarded to Sheffield by UKBA (as they were known at the time)
You paid the princely sum of $12 to have your docs returned to you all the way from the UK! Those were the days!  ;)

• Liked: 59
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2017, 08:18:12 PM »
On the application site, you will click a button to generate the confirmation page that you need to print and take. It will have a barcode on it. The emails you receive do not have barcodes and thus will not work  :) It doesn't say you need to bring your application, but the center I went to wouldn't let me in without the entire thing, even though they didn't even glance at it! I had to go to the library and print it out. I'd suggest you bring it just in case.

Here's what the confirmation email said on December 2016 (when I did mine):
Your Biometric Enrolment Appointment

When attending your appointment you must take with you a print out of your appointment confirmation letter (this should be printed in the View Appointment Button above the “Print Your Application Button”) Passport/travel document. Your application will not be accepted at any other location. Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time, if you arrive earlier, you may not be admitted to the application centre. If you arrive after your scheduled appointment time, you may be asked to re-book a future appointment.

I no longer have the shipping labels and can't find any emails of them I'd sent to myself, but I recall them looking like standard UPS labels - they have a barcode, QR code, addresses, etc. When you look at the labels on the computer (before printing), do they look correct there?

« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2017, 09:27:42 PM »
Hi Brenzett

My print out of the appointment confirmation letter for biometrics has a bar code so I'm hoping it'll be acceotable, but I have the print out of the online application and I'll take that too.

As for the shipping labels they're on one sheet ..top part is the courier delivery round trip and the part under it, the priority visa service. ...
There are 4 bar codes on the bottom of the sheet.on the top of the sheet it shows AWB numbers ×2

I was just worried as there are no addresses anywhere....not sure? ???

« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2017, 09:42:30 PM »
I've also been back I'm and re-checked everything and there is nothing resembling an addressed label either to Sheffield or back here  :-\\\\

I'm really concerned now....

« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2017, 09:46:56 PM »
Have you received the email with your shipping labels in it or are you just printing your purchase confirmation from the website?

I believe actual shipping labels are sent to you by email and that email can take up to day or so to come through after you have put the order in.

« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2017, 09:50:27 PM »
Ahhhh! That might explain it, as I haven't received any separate email with actual shipping labels attached. What I have is VFS.Global online transactions details

« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2017, 09:53:22 PM »
Ahhhh! That might explain it, as I haven't received any separate email with actual shipping labels attached. What I have is VFS.Global online transactions details

Yes, hopefully that's it. It can take a while to arrive as ksand mentioned. Just in case there is any great delay, here's what to do.

I did not receive any PDF file or UPS Shipping Labels, even though the payment was processed.

Email us UKVI.Feedback.usa@vfshelpline.com and we will be happy to help you. Please include the following details in your email:

Applicant Name
    GWF Number
    Type of service purchased
    Date of attempted purchase

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/frequently_asked_questions.html

« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2017, 09:54:51 PM »
Ah, yes - it sounds like you've just printed your receipt and don't have the shipping labels themselves yet.

You'll need to include the receipt for the priority processing with your documents (on the top of the pile), but it's the actual shipping labels that you'll need to print from the email for the shipping.

« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2017, 09:58:50 PM »
Thanks so much Ksand24 and Larrabee ..I'll leave it until Monday then if I haven't received anything I'll contact them using the site you mention

« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2017, 06:48:13 PM »
Just breathing a huge sigh of relief, the shipping labels arrived in my inbox this morning  :D

Tomorrow biometrics  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab