Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visiting after a denied visa  (Read 2525 times)

• Liked: 0
Visiting after a denied visa
« on: April 04, 2017, 03:21:09 AM »
Hello! I was curious to see if anyone has ever tried to go visit their significant other after being denied their spousal visa (I'm an American, my husband is English)? Just spent a miserable year appealing the denied visa. If we would have known it would take them so long we def wouldn't have appealed it. We wanted to spend some time together before we reapplied for the spousal visa (more then the couple of weeks every few months when he comes to the states).

Which leads me to my next question. Is there a waiting period after being denied to reapply for the visa again?

Thanks in advance for any help given!

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
Re: Visiting after a denied visa
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 09:20:24 AM »
What was the reason your visa was refused?

There's no waiting period to reapply as long as the reasons for the first refusal have been addressed. I wouldn't recommend trying to visit, though. Just focus on getting the spousal visa approved and you can stay here forever :)
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 10:34:42 AM »
If you want to visit, I would recommend applying for a visitor visa in advance.  The reality is that it will be virtually impossible to get after a refusal and an unsuccessful appeal.  UKVI knows you want to settle in the UK and you'll have to convince them that you are only coming to the UK as a tourist... a tall order.

I completely agree with Historyenne and try to focus on resubmitting the application (especially as you imply that you meet the requirements).  I would keep visits based in the US or third countries for the time being.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 12:46:25 PM »
@Historyenne yes the refusal was addressed and we know exactly where we went wrong. It is an easy fix.

Thanks for the help!

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 12:47:34 PM »
@kfdancer thank you. This is al very helpful!!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 09:21:00 PM »
I spent 5 weeks in the UK about a month after my Fiance visa was denied back in 2013.

I did not apply for a visitor visa. I did however have every bit of paperwork showing I was going back to the US at the end of my stay, job to go back to, family, bills. It was a nice visit.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links