Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement appeal  (Read 3318 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Settlement appeal
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2017, 08:41:41 PM »
disregard last question, answered it myself.

Thanks

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2017, 10:14:01 PM »
Since my husbands bank statements took so long, sponsor letter and my dad's letter are dated too early for filing, do I have to send them again to my husband or can they be Sen in from here by me. Thanks in advance.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2017, 10:37:00 PM »
There's no requirement for those letters to be dated within 28 days of the application date - it's only the financial documents that have that requirement.

Ideally you want them as close to the application date as you can get them but I don't think it's going to matter if they are a bit earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2017, 05:49:05 AM »
Okay, thank you, they are dated 20 May

• Liked: 449
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2017, 10:28:39 AM »
Thank you all for your responses.  After just having a visit from my husband, we have decided to refile the application.

Can you please let me know what documents need to be originals. Also, we have been married for 14 years, bought and sold a couple of houses together, have joint bank statements, bills, etc.  Do we still need to send Messenger messages and correspondence to prove that we have been in touch for the year I have been here without him.

Want to get it right this time.  Thanks in advance.

Good luck! There seems to be wealth and experience here so I am sure you'll be well supported in this new application.
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2017, 03:31:24 PM »
My husband has received an email which we are not sure about. It appears to be from the uk govenernment telling him that he is getting a refund of £353 which can be put on his visa or debit card. Anybody have this before?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2017, 03:34:24 PM »
My husband has received an email which we are not sure about. It appears to be from the uk govenernment telling him that he is getting a refund of £353 which can be put on his visa or debit card. Anybody have this before?

Don't click on anything or give any information. A genuine refund will come in without any help from you.

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2017, 03:35:32 PM »

Never heard of that kind of email before - does it say what the refund is for (because I can't think of any particular visa fee that is £353)?

What email address did it come from? Is is asking for debit/credit card details to be given? Just trying to make sure it's not a scam/phishing email.

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2017, 03:56:19 PM »
It claims to be a tax refund from gateway.gov.uk, it gives a link to click on to fill out a form, I'm sure they will be requesting credit/debit card details on that form, I don't know though. It says:  HMRC has recalculated your annual fiscal activity and you are eligible to receive a tax refund of £353.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2017, 04:01:26 PM »
It claims to be a tax refund from gateway.gov.uk, it gives a link to click on to fill out a form, I'm sure they will be requesting credit/debit card details on that form, I don't know though. It says:  HMRC has recalculated your annual fiscal activity and you are eligible to receive a tax refund of £353.

That doesn't sound right to me.
Call HMRC to find out.  Self assessment – general enquiries (UK)   0300 200 3310

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/self-assessment
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:02:58 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2017, 04:17:01 PM »

That sounds like a scam to me. Don't click and don't enter any details on anything.

Have a look at this page - it details scam/phishing emails and tactics and tells you what to do if you receive one... including one that tells you they have reviewed your fiscal activity and that you are entitled to a tax refund. It gives you a link to click to create an account with government gateway and fill out a form:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/phishing-and-bogus-emails-hm-revenue-and-customs-examples/phishing-emails-and-bogus-contact-hm-revenue-and-customs-examples

• Liked: 134
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2017, 04:52:02 PM »
We got one of those at the library. When I researched it on the HMRC website, it listed that email address as fraudulent and advised that HMRC will never contact you about a refund via email.
Ksand's link should have all the details.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2017, 06:23:28 AM »
Good morning,

It has been a while since I've written on here and believe me a lot has changed since the last time I wrote.

We took the advice and filed a new application since we had filed and appeal back in November 16.  We filed the new application on June 11, 2017.  While waiting for the new application to come back, the appeal visa has been approved.  We got an email saying that the original decision has been overturned and they are now ready to issue us with a UK visa, that was 6 weeks ago.  They said in the email that they would request his passport once the IHS payment has been received.  My husband sent them an email requesting the IHS payment from his new application be used and they responded and said that was fine.

He has also emailed and told them that his passport was already in the Sheffield office due to the new application.  We received another email 2 weeks ago (yesterday) stating that they were going to send his paperwork back to him but they couldn't find an airway bill to do so, so my husband hopped on and tried to obtain a new airway bill, he wasn't able to do this because his GWF number had already been used to send back documents (passport & refusal letter).  He has since sent them 2 emails asking if they can use the airway bill that he paid for for his new application or instructions on how to proceed since the GWF number had already been used.  We have received no response for either email. 

I kind of felt bad because when my husband called me and told me that his appeal had been approved, I wasn't really all that excited because my first thought was because we have filed a new application, getting the approved appeal visa was going to be held up and to be honest, until we have his visa in hand and plane tickets book I'm still skeptical that he will get it.

Is there any point in me calling them, I sent them an email a long time ago and they wouldn't give me any details at all.  The crap has been going on for a year and at this point I'm not sure its worth it, I have almost given up and just gone back to the States but thats just not a option for me at this moment.

Thanks for any input.

Emma

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab