Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: New User From US  (Read 1629 times)

• Liked: 78
Re: New User From US
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 06:39:19 PM »
Hi Kelly!

I'm from California as well :)

I'm currently waiting on my spouse visa to move to the UK. A bit nervous to leave California though. :)

Let me know if you need any help with the application process. We're still waiting for a decision so I might not be the safest source of advice.

Haylee
California, USA

Relationship started: October 2014
Engaged: September 2016
Married: December 23, 2016
Priority visa application: March 31, 2017
Biometrics: April 13, 2017
Document confirmation: April 18, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017
Outcome: Approved!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2017, 07:30:34 PM »
Another Californian here... Got a few years, but planning on retiring to the UK with my husband... Got it a bit easier since I'm Irish, but still not simple with a US husband...

Welcome!
Met 1989
Married 2008
Retiring to UK - in a few years!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 02:19:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum :)  As another person mentioned, citizenship will be the last step so don't even worry about that right now. I recommend focusing on the visa requirements (as others mentioned) and learning as much as you can on the changes and what type of support system you will have to deal with them (this group in particular can be one of them! :D). Learn from what other users have said they've had problems with but take them with a pinch of salt and don't dwell on them because everybody is different and adjusts differently, but it's good to have the information in advance so you can think about the best plan of action for you to cope before it happens (if it even happens at all!).

Best of luck to your and your partner :D
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 02:32:39 PM »
No practical advice from me, but I'm an American who lived in Tucson with my future French wife on the way to London .  I've lived here for 17 years and we've been married for more than that.  Life is fine here and I'm perfectly happy .  My only point is that it is actually possible to have a life with someone from Europe, even though it may not seem that way when talking visas.  Don't get discouraged, if it was easy then everyone would do it. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab