Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pooping in the UK (sorry!)  (Read 4663 times)

• Liked: 0
Pooping in the UK (sorry!)
« on: April 14, 2017, 04:57:09 PM »
Hi all. Apologies, but it's been a few months, and I still don't really understand. Is it normal to leave droppings on the bowl? And then you have to flush, and use that brush to loosen it up, and then flush again and hope? Is that going to be my fate for the rest of my life?

• Liked: 584
Re: Pooping in the UK (sorry!)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 05:49:29 PM »
WHAT?!?!  :o ???

• Liked: 533
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 06:29:51 PM »
Go high fibre.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 06:34:18 PM »
Is this real?  LOL!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 06:43:49 PM »
Yeah, the low water toilets take some getting used to, don't they?
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 10:28:01 AM »
Pretty normal, that's why almost all toilets have brushes next to them  ;)
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 01:19:21 PM »
Could be worse.  In Germany and Eastern Europe the toilets have a dookey shelf so you can examine your handiwork before flushing. 

• Liked: 223
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 02:36:55 PM »
Could be worse.  In Germany and Eastern Europe the toilets have a dookey shelf so you can examine your handiwork before flushing.

Nature's Ror-shat test.  ;)

(sorry)

My guy friends in Austria called it the examination plate and would kindly inform each other of the shapes they produced.. Like cloud-watching. ::)

Is it normal to leave droppings on the bowl? And then you have to flush, and use that brush to loosen it up, and then flush again and hope? Is that going to be my fate for the rest of my life?

If I think this is going to be the case, I lay a few pieces of toilet paper in the... erm... landing zone. It's not 100% effective, but I usually helps and can't hurt.
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 03:36:19 PM »

I've been to Germany a lot.
My pal calls it the 'viewing platform'.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 05:10:12 PM by Albatross »

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 08:42:52 AM »
The most fascinating part of this thread is the ones who are shocked, and have no idea what I'm talking about. Apparently I'm doing something wrong. Do you somehow have better aim than me? Or, does the substance coming out of you have different physical properties than mine, so it doesn't stick to anything? Or, are you so used to using the toilet brush that it doesn't even register in your mind as an issue?

If I think this is going to be the case, I lay a few pieces of toilet paper in the... erm... landing zone. It's not 100% effective, but I usually helps and can't hurt.

This is a good idea. I'm not sure how to identify the landing zone... usually it's the back, unless I remember to scoot forward a bit to try to aim better, in which case it generally ends up being the front.

But, your response implies that you can tell when it will and won't be a problem. How do you know? Something about the shape of the bowl, or the water level? Yes, this is a serious question.

Another thought: Thank god for the anonymity of the Internet. I have no idea how I would have addressed this issue in 1990.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 08:58:52 AM »
Are you over-thinking this? Creating anxiety?

Try relaxing. Enjoy/live in the moment. Maybe some mental visualisation.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 537
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 10:16:16 AM »
All the toilets over here are differently shaped and the flow of water into the bowl can make it to where you don't have the issue at all.

It also has to do with (I'm sorry if this is tmi) texture of it. The softer it is the more likely it is to leave something behind. My husband has Crohn'a so poo talk doesn't bother me.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 11:51:35 AM »
Lol!  Sorry for questioning the authenticity.  It was just your first post that was all.  We all poop!  And yippee for anonymity.

But this thread has taught me something.  I had to google German toilets and am fascinated by the shelf! 

Have you ever used one of those electronic toilets and shot a high pressured stream of water straight up your a**hole?  That's an experience! I got soaked as I jumped up terrified and it sprayed water all over my suit.  It was classy!  I enjoyed returning to the office after that experience...

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 11:58:02 AM »
The most fascinating part of this thread is the ones who are shocked, and have no idea what I'm talking about. Apparently I'm doing something wrong.

I wasn't really shock-shocked... more comedy-shocked!  ;)

Do you perhaps have low water pressure in your home?
I don't have a sticking poo issue, but our water pressure is pretty strong.
Flushing twice, if you need to, isn't really a problem, is it? I imagine most people have to do this once in a while.

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 12:44:41 PM »

Flushing twice, if you need to, isn't really a problem, is it? I imagine most people have to do this once in a while.

Generally no amount of flushing helps. I have to use the toilet brush, and then figure out how to get the stuff off of THAT... typically while fantasizing to myself about moving back to the States. :)

Sponsored Links