Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Group Ex Classes in the UK  (Read 4499 times)

• Liked: 0
Group Ex Classes in the UK
« on: April 20, 2017, 08:48:57 PM »
Hello! My husband and I will be moving from Washington DC to Cheltenham, Gloucestershire this July with our three kids. I am a big fan of Group Exercise classes in America, being an instructor of both Zumba and Bang™ Power Dance. I'm curious, what kind of Group Exercise classes are popular in the UK? We have alot of Body Pump (weight lifting), Body Combat (kickboxing), and Barre style classes here. I'm really curious about the Group Ex atmosphere in the gym because I'm wondering if a demo of Bang™ Power Dance would go over well. Would love to hear others' thoughts! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Liked: 68
Re: Group Ex Classes in the UK
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 06:55:36 PM »
More or less the same really although I have not heard of Bang Power Dance. Zumba is quite big, but I've heard a lot of people taking up this sort of club dance workout with glow sticks, lights and the works. I've not been myself but I'd like to!

• Liked: 1260
Re: Group Ex Classes in the UK
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 11:25:07 AM »
I know this is a verryyy late reply, but you can pretty much get all those classes here (the more unique ones might be more difficult depending on how far away you are from a major area like London). Just give a quick google of "*class* near *location*" and you could be able to at least find some things as a starting point. I know my gym, which is one of the cheaper ones, does have body pump and various boxing-type classes for free as well as Zumba (but you pay for the zumba at my gym) but I believe I've seen Barre before (I can't remember if it's at my current gym or previous gym that was slightly more expensive). There are other more unique classes I hadn't heard of until recently like Clubbercise and I do more unique classes like Pole Fitness and Aerial Hoops. I'm not sure what "Bang" is but I think, depending on the area, it might go down okay as group excercising seems to be alive and well here (at least where I am). I would suggest contacting local gyms if you're wanting to maybe teach a class and see what their suggestions are for how to go about that and how to gauge interest? One way might be to get on a community Facebook page for town/villages near you or even just car boot pages on Facebook and put a message out asking how many people would be interested. That might give you a good starting point?

Good luck!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links