Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How common is a tiny hotel fridge?  (Read 2016 times)

• Liked: 116
Re: How common is a tiny hotel fridge?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2017, 08:44:56 PM »
lorenausuk just the fact that it was a DETACHED house would be so hard to find where we are!  Jealous!!
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2017, 09:02:15 PM »
I'm now starting to think my three-bedroom detached house I owned in Bolton in 1999 was rather "posh". It had an integrated garage, a double driveway (it actually fit three cars), a dedicated utility room with a sink and a washer and separate dryer and a tall fridge and freezer and dishwasher in the kitchen. Those two had doors that hid them. My husband chose the house for me (I still lived in Wokingham at the time) because the builder said it was "American-styled". I guess it was, now that I think about it. I guess things weren't all "grim up north" after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is posh! Ooo!   ;)
These days any new build is quite tiny, squash as many as they can.  They all need to have downstairs loos here in Scotland and you see they now make combined utility/toilet rooms to pretend you're getting something special with a utility room. Same sink for handwashing and everything else a utility room sink is used for.
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 116
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2017, 10:06:45 AM »
That is posh! Ooo!   ;)
These days any new build is quite tiny, squash as many as they can.  They all need to have downstairs loos here in Scotland and you see they now make combined utility/toilet rooms to pretend you're getting something special with a utility room. Same sink for handwashing and everything else a utility room sink is used for.

This is something I've seen a lot in floorplans here (Kent, not Scotland).  In a lot of houses the only loo is downstairs but the bedrooms are upstairs, and you'd have to walk through like 4 rooms to get from the bedroom to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  Not a fan at all.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 537
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2017, 10:24:42 AM »
This is something I've seen a lot in floorplans here (Kent, not Scotland).  In a lot of houses the only loo is downstairs but the bedrooms are upstairs, and you'd have to walk through like 4 rooms to get from the bedroom to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  Not a fan at all.
Yeah, our bathroom is at the very back of the house, it's an add on since it was built in 1885. You can see where the old outhouses were in the back gardens. They've added a macerator toilet upstairs which is nice.

Might be 1895. I don't feel like walking out front to check though.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 584
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2017, 06:44:09 PM »
I live in a small town and the store is a 2 minute drive, I could shop daily too....but why!?

Because this way we get to eat whatever we're in the mood for that day, rather than eating something just because it's there and needs to be used up.  :)

In my previous relationship, I was a big shopping list-maker and weekly menu-planner.  But I learned to embrace the almost-daily shop with my current man, and now I prefer it!

• Liked: 10
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2017, 02:34:37 AM »
I love that here it's called "American Style" (the 2 doors) and in the US it's called "French Doors" LOL.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2017, 09:51:06 AM »
I love that here it's called "American Style" (the 2 doors) and in the US it's called "French Doors" LOL.
That kind of thing makes me laugh as well.  Apparently, in almost every country, some kind of sexually transmitted disease is named after their neighbor.  So we have "French Disease" and the French have "German Disease"

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2017, 12:37:27 PM »
So we have "French Disease" and the French have "German Disease"

What are these?

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2017, 12:41:47 PM »
Don't make me Google it at work!

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2017, 12:43:59 PM »
Don't make me Google it at work!

Weenie.  I'll do it, then!  ;D

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2017, 12:45:54 PM »
Google says they're both syphilis.  Boring.

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2017, 01:30:13 PM »
Next time I'll up my game .   I thought about you the other day because I thought I would try some real Ale.  Man, it was awful!    It was so bad I took it back and it ended up there was a technical problem and they gave me s better one. 

I also tried an elderflower Ale because I remembered you really liked one.  It must have been different than the one you had in mind because I asked my wife to guess the flavour and she couldn't.

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2017, 07:05:27 PM »
Next time I'll up my game .   I thought about you the other day because I thought I would try some real Ale.  Man, it was awful!    It was so bad I took it back and it ended up there was a technical problem and they gave me s better one. 

I also tried an elderflower Ale because I remembered you really liked one.  It must have been different than the one you had in mind because I asked my wife to guess the flavour and she couldn't.

LOL!  Yes...even apart from the 'technical problem', there are some really bad ales out there!  That bloody Doom Bar and anything from Caledonian or Green King deserve a body swerve at all costs!

My personal policy is to never drink a brown or black ale.  Phatbeetle will very much disagree with this!  But for me, the paler the better!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab