Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hotel Recommendations in NYC  (Read 638 times)

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
  • Liked: 1
Hotel Recommendations in NYC
« on: November 28, 2004, 05:21:19 PM »
Might go there for a holiday in the near future and want to get suggestions for nice hotel.  Doesn't have to be in any specific area (though near the fun stuff would be great!)

• Liked: 8
Re: Hotel Recommendations in NYC
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 05:26:47 PM »
DH and I stayed at Hotel 31 (www.hotel31.com) when we went to get my visa.  It's in Murray Hill (on 31st and 3rd, I think).  It's a nice little boutique-type place (though the wallpaper in our room was sort of...um...not my taste.  HUGE flowers!).   ;D

Or, if you're wanting something really central, the Marriott Marquis in Times Square.  I thought it was really nice.  I was there during a snowstorm in 1998 and it was fantastic!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 05:37:33 PM by lolabola »

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 06:14:35 PM »
A good site to check is www.tripadvisor.com You can look at all sorts of hotels, read not only guest comments but also the travel industry ones and they do price comparisions with expedia, hotels.com and some others. We used it when we went to San Francisco this summer and found it quite helpful.
Bethany
"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »
It all depends on how much you want to spend.  I used to work in Times Square and right across the street from our building there was the W Times Square.  It was not cheap and I have heard the rooms are small, but the location can't be beat.  Also, there is the Royaltan, which some people I knew stayed at when they came to NY for business.  I think it is on 44th St btw 6th and 7th Ave.

The NY Hilton and Sheraton are all near Times Square and the Hilton Times Square on 42nd St btw Broadway and 8th Ave, near the the Port Authority Terminal.  Again central location, though the rooms are a bit small.

bvamin

Sponsored Links