Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The Feb 27th (or around that time) non priority email confirmation visa crew  (Read 7758 times)

• Liked: 97
yeah I agree but it seems to be happening a bit and mostly triggered for some reason right after biometrics?
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

• Liked: 11
Could they perhaps receive tracking info? Several people have mentioned this--timing seems too close to be chance (a day or 2 before actual arrival). Could be how I get UPS emails about incoming packages, presumably by my address (happens regardless of email address used I think)?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

maybe? did you send by ups of vfs global?

• Liked: 5
Maybe the first one if for the biometric data that was received ? After it was taken and then sent off by the us customs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no everyone really should only get the one email after the package is delivered to Sheffield. but a few of us received ours before the package was even delivered.

• Liked: 3589
I think it's an automated message triggered by biometrics... but it shouldn't be sent to applicants from the US because they submit their documents at a later date after biometrics.

In other countries, you apply online and then submit your application  and documents in person at your biometrics appointment... so for those countries, the email makes sense - you attend biometrics, hand over the documents and then it triggers an email to say the documents have been received.

However, in the US, biometrics are taken by US immigration, before you submit your documents - so you attend biometrics and then mail the documents afterwards. Therefore, the 'package received' email should not be sent until the package has actually been delivered to Sheffield.

However, it sounds like the emails are being accidentally triggered when US applicants attend their biometrics instead.

• Liked: 12
This confused me.  This isn't the "confirmation" email that you see on other people's timelines.

You get the confirmation email from UKVI sometime AFTER your package arrives in Sheffield.

When you hit the 'apply' button on the website for your application all it does is generate a GWF number and log your application in the system. Sheffield doesn't see anything from you until it receives the package in the post, which is why you can write on the print out if you need to make changes. 

The timescale for the 60 work days 12 weeks doesn't start from your application date. It's after it arrives at Sheffield.

No idea?? But this is my timeline..

Feb 10th -- biometrics
Feb 25th -- email confirmation stating my application is being prepared by ECO
Feb 27th -- docs were received

• Liked: 17
I've had the same thing.
I was told that sometimes it just happens like that, but it's nothing to worry about.
Can't really do anything about it anyway.
01.2014: Met in London
02.2016: Married in UK
21.02.2017: Biometrics completed
25.02.2017: App submitted
25.02.2017: Notified app is being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer
25.02.2017: Docs sent
02.03.2017: Marked delivered by DHS
11.05.2017: Decision made email rec’d
15.05.2017: Spousal visa approved/visa rec’d in mail
10.05.2017: BRP issued
01.06.2017: Arrived in UK
20.10.2019: FLR(M) application submitted
04.11.2019: Biometrics submitted
10.12.2019: Extension approved
20.12.2019: BRP rec'd in post

• Liked: 47
I'm seeing lots of people getting decisions now from around our time in sheffield from other countries. I sure hope we are up next...

• Liked: 12
I've had the same thing.
I was told that sometimes it just happens like that, but it's nothing to worry about.
Can't really do anything about it anyway.

Agreed! Just alot of waiting and hoping were all up next! :)

I'm seeing lots of people getting decisions now from around our time in sheffield from other countries. I sure hope we are up next...
Where are you seeing that ?

• Liked: 47
I'm part of a Facebook group where everyone from different countries are waiting for UK visas.
I've also made friends with some of them so we have been messaging
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 05:34:07 PM by marenleigh »

• Alors, tu te rappelleras tout ce que je te dis là
  • Liked: 150
My documents were received March 6th. At this point our 2nd application has taken far longer than we had ever had dreamed and so much of our plans were scheduled prior to our 1st application. We have had to reschedule our honeymoon, which is inconvenient, but doable. What is worse is that if we don't hear back by early next week we will have to reschedule our UK wedding reception. We have guests flying in from several countries and I just kind of feel like an idiot at this point.

It's a long shot, but you might try contacting Sheffield via e-mail to state the urgent circumstances of your impending wedding reception, to see if a compassionate soul might speed up your application? I can't imagine how stressful that must be.  :(
Met UK 30/05/2016
Married US 03/03/2017
Applied spouse visa 17/04/2017
Decision 31/05/2017
**Visa Approved**

I'm part of a Facebook group where everyone from different countries are waiting for UK visas.
I've also made friends with some of them so we have been messaging
Ok keep us posted

• Liked: 11
It's a long shot, but you might try contacting Sheffield via e-mail to state the urgent circumstances of your impending wedding reception, to see if a compassionate soul might speed up your application? I can't imagine how stressful that must be.  :(
Yeah I feel like if they know it is your second application they might be more compassionate because they know you tried to leave lots of time? At least I think the average person would be. Who knows!

Once as an undergrad I missed a final exam due to a week of freak snowstorms, and a closed highway, and the University broke a strict rule, letting me take it late. I think knowing you really tried your best makes people want to help you if they're able.

Anyway good luck!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links