Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The Feb 27th (or around that time) non priority email confirmation visa crew  (Read 7760 times)

• Liked: 537
If the eye rolling emoji bothers you so much please take it up with the person who is responsible for the coding of the site! It's here to be used, I used it.

I also find it hypocritical that you speak of being rude when a quick scan of your many previous comments leaves me with no other conclusion that you're rather guilty yourself. One of my favourites was when you accused brits of not bothering to 'get off their asses' when it came to immigration.

I personally found it rude that in at least four other comments AV spoke of having paid priority and wanting value for money, and was pretty much telling non priority to suck it up and wait. A quick scan of MY comments will show you I'm rather keen on extending support and so it grated on me. I speak my mind. Arrest me for it.

I do find it very amusing that yourself and AV are getting particularly offended, merely because I said non priority could hear back before 12 weeks. And despite you trying to make it seem like more than it was, it wasn't. Is the case that now you've realised you've started a debated over nothing, you're finding issue with an emoji?  :D

I'm finding it all rather sad to be honest.

To the original poster, be positive. You may very well hear back, and there's absolutely no harm in contacting them to see if there's anything that can be done. Sometime hope is all that keeps you going!

*shakes head*

I typed up a response to this. And the truth is. I don't need to argue with you. And yeah. I responded because I find eye rolling both on and off the internet to be rude and disrespectful. You obviously do not. And we will not see eye to eye on that.

And you bringing up my posts on completely different topics and out of context is ridiculous.

You are itching for a fight. I'm not having one.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 02:47:07 AM by lyonaria »
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 24
On one of the recent threads someone was successful in upgrading to priority after sending in their application. They said it took more than 2 weeks to do though, which I don't know how helpful that would be at this point.

If you already applied priority, there isn't any way to make it move any faster. UKVI will simply say you have to wait for them to be outside their service standards.

It will take a bit of time to get your passport sent back to you, make sure you factor that in. You will lose your application fee, but the IHS fee will be refunded.

Any chance you remember the thread?  ;D

One of these, 'people who applied during a specific time frame' ones. Could be this one... or the one for the time frame before. It was in the last week.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 30

It is the April Timeline Thread. Start around page 13 or 14.
Married in NI: 30 Dec 2016
Moved to NI: 30 May 2017
FLR(M): 22 April 2020
EUSS (pre):  21 Oct 2020
EUSS: 6 July 2022
Citizenship: 21 Dec 2022
US I-130: 16 December 2022

Thanks. I'm not on my laptop at the moment. Just knew it was a recent post. And something we thought they had gotten rid of last year. As that's what VFS has posted on their website.

• Liked: 3589
Okay, let's clear a few things up:

Compassionate/Compelling Circumstances:
I sincerely doubt that not being in the UK in time for your wedding reception will be considered 'compassionate circumstances'. Being granted a visa on compassionate circumstances is very rare.

'Compassionate circumstances' are things like:
- your spouse has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and doesn't have long to live
- your spouse or a close UK family member is on their deathbed and you need to get there ASAP to be with them for their last few days/weeks
- your life is in danger in the US and you need to fly to the UK as soon as possible before something terrible happens to you
- a natural disaster has occurred in the US and you have lost everything and are now homeless
- a civil war has broken out in the US and it is no longer safe for you to stay there

12 weeks service standards time
This is the time in which UKVI aim to get 95% of ALL settlement visas processed... both priority and non-priority. It is not an indicator of how long the application will actually take.

Depending on the time of year and how busy Sheffield is, it may take just 1 week for non-priority, or it could be 3-4 weeks, or 6-8 weeks, or it could be the full 12 weeks, or, like last summer, there might be a massive backlog and it could take up to 5 months.

Priority is also not immune to these timelines either. All that priority processing does is allow you to skip the waiting line (like a Fastpass at Disneyland). However, once your application is in the ECO's hands, all bets are off and it takes as long as it takes. If it's a straightfoward application, the decision may be made within a couple of hours, but if it's an exceptionally complicated application, if it requires more documents, or they have to look into convictions/previous bad immigration history, it could take several weeks.

Contacting UKVI
- THEY will contact YOU about your application, either to tell you a decision has been made, or to ask for more documents/information
- you should not attempt to contact them UNLESS you have gone past the 12 weeks service standards time and still don't have your visa... in which case you can attempt to contact Sheffield and/or try to get your MP involved.
- contacting the Enquiry Service is generally pretty useless, and some have speculated that doing so actually slows down your application
- the only way to actually contact Sheffield themselves is through their direct email address. However, they do not advertise this email and, as above, you are not supposed to attempt this unless it has been more than 12 weeks.

Upgrading to priority
- up until about 1 year ago, there were instructions on the VFS Global website for how to upgrade to priority processing after mailing your application. It was not advised to do this, but it was possible
- last year, VFS Global overhauled their website and took down this information. Their FAQs now state that it is not possible to upgrade to priority once the application has been made
- we all assumed this was hard fact and have been advising people not to attempt it as it is not allowed
- someone posted here last week that they had managed to upgrade to priority, despite the FAQs, and were told by UKVI that it was only possible for settlement visas now.
- that person is the ONLY person I know of who has done this... so we still don't know for sure what the official rules are for priority upgrades

• Liked: 17
Okay, let's clear a few things up:

Compassionate/Compelling Circumstances:
I sincerely doubt that not being in the UK in time for your wedding reception will be considered 'compassionate circumstances'. Being granted a visa on compassionate circumstances is very rare.

'Compassionate circumstances' are things like:
- your spouse has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and doesn't have long to live
- your spouse or a close UK family member is on their deathbed and you need to get there ASAP to be with them for their last few days/weeks
- your life is in danger in the US and you need to fly to the UK as soon as possible before something terrible happens to you
- a natural disaster has occurred in the US and you have lost everything and are now homeless
- a civil war has broken out in the US and it is no longer safe for you to stay there

12 weeks service standards time
This is the time in which UKVI aim to get 95% of ALL settlement visas processed... both priority and non-priority. It is not an indicator of how long the application will actually take.

Depending on the time of year and how busy Sheffield is, it may take just 1 week for non-priority, or it could be 3-4 weeks, or 6-8 weeks, or it could be the full 12 weeks, or, like last summer, there might be a massive backlog and it could take up to 5 months.

Priority is also not immune to these timelines either. All that priority processing does is allow you to skip the waiting line (like a Fastpass at Disneyland). However, once your application is in the ECO's hands, all bets are off and it takes as long as it takes. If it's a straightfoward application, the decision may be made within a couple of hours, but if it's an exceptionally complicated application, if it requires more documents, or they have to look into convictions/previous bad immigration history, it could take several weeks.

Contacting UKVI
- THEY will contact YOU about your application, either to tell you a decision has been made, or to ask for more documents/information
- you should not attempt to contact them UNLESS you have gone past the 12 weeks service standards time and still don't have your visa... in which case you can attempt to contact Sheffield and/or try to get your MP involved.
- contacting the Enquiry Service is generally pretty useless, and some have speculated that doing so actually slows down your application
- the only way to actually contact Sheffield themselves is through their direct email address. However, they do not advertise this email and, as above, you are not supposed to attempt this unless it has been more than 12 weeks.

Upgrading to priority
- up until about 1 year ago, there were instructions on the VFS Global website for how to upgrade to priority processing after mailing your application. It was not advised to do this, but it was possible
- last year, VFS Global overhauled their website and took down this information. Their FAQs now state that it is not possible to upgrade to priority once the application has been made
- we all assumed this was hard fact and have been advising people not to attempt it as it is not allowed
- someone posted here last week that they had managed to upgrade to priority, despite the FAQs, and were told by UKVI that it was only possible for settlement visas now.
- that person is the ONLY person I know of who has done this... so we still don't know for sure what the official rules are for priority upgrades

Just curious on where this speculation comes from of contacting them slows down your application? Isn't that what the general inquiries line is for?
I agree it's generally useless, but slowing down your application...sounds like something someone deduced as to reason why their application took so long.
01.2014: Met in London
02.2016: Married in UK
21.02.2017: Biometrics completed
25.02.2017: App submitted
25.02.2017: Notified app is being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer
25.02.2017: Docs sent
02.03.2017: Marked delivered by DHS
11.05.2017: Decision made email rec’d
15.05.2017: Spousal visa approved/visa rec’d in mail
10.05.2017: BRP issued
01.06.2017: Arrived in UK
20.10.2019: FLR(M) application submitted
04.11.2019: Biometrics submitted
10.12.2019: Extension approved
20.12.2019: BRP rec'd in post

• Liked: 116
The speculation is based on the possibility that when using the enquiry form, they could pull the application out of the queue to see what its status is.  Then it's replaced back in the queue but possibly not in the same place.

I dunno, but some people who have been around here longer think it's a possibility, and I'm going to trust them.  I used the enquiry form, for what it's worth, and I got my response about when others from the same week did.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 47
Crickets, huh?
Was really hoping one of us would hear this week!

• Liked: 4985
The speculation is based on the possibility that when using the enquiry form, they could pull the application out of the queue to see what its status is.  Then it's replaced back in the queue but possibly not in the same place.

I dunno, but some people who have been around here longer think it's a possibility, and I'm going to trust them.  I used the enquiry form, for what it's worth, and I got my response about when others from the same week did.

That's my theory.  Just speculation, I have no proof.  I watch these forums consistently.  Often times when someone requests an update via the inquiry form, especially if the visa has been processed, it seems to take a few extra days to make its way to the applicant.

• Liked: 17
Just so you guys know, I called UKVI today myself, for my own peace of mind.
I told the guy I spoke to that it'd been over 2 months and I was just worried and wanted to know if everything was okay.
He was nice enough to tell me that he knows it's hard to be away from family and loved ones, but typically these applications take 3 months, and that I should expect it to be 3-4 months and he'd be really surprised if I heard this soon.
He mentioned something about American applications taking a bit longer (which doesn't make sense to me), but told me everything was fine.
He couldn't tell me how soon, just that they did have all my documents and that his information screen was telling him that a decision had not yet been made.
I can't remember who exactly has posted their applications around my time specifically, but there you go, if it helps.
I suppose at this point, we should all just hang out for the next  3 weeks.
Also, he said they weren't behind, this is just standard processing.
01.2014: Met in London
02.2016: Married in UK
21.02.2017: Biometrics completed
25.02.2017: App submitted
25.02.2017: Notified app is being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer
25.02.2017: Docs sent
02.03.2017: Marked delivered by DHS
11.05.2017: Decision made email rec’d
15.05.2017: Spousal visa approved/visa rec’d in mail
10.05.2017: BRP issued
01.06.2017: Arrived in UK
20.10.2019: FLR(M) application submitted
04.11.2019: Biometrics submitted
10.12.2019: Extension approved
20.12.2019: BRP rec'd in post

• Liked: 116
That sounds about standard.  It was really fast for a bit just before you but before that it was taking longer.  All of the people who submitted the same week as me for non priority, were taking 11.5-12 weeks, with one exception where the girl did not qualify for that particular visa.  I would probably plan on it taking the full 12 or so weeks and be pleasantly surprised if it takes less, going forward.  If I had had that mindset, I think it would have made the wait a little easier.  (Your mileage may vary ;) )
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 24
It is the April Timeline Thread. Start around page 13 or 14.

Hi elliemaemc, just wanted to share some new information that my partner received. He called the called the office again today. Apparently, there is an "escalation process" in which you can get your passport back and they put your application on hold. UKVI needs to send you the form. Just thought I'd let you know!

Hi elliemaemc, just wanted to share some new information that my partner received. He called the called the office again today. Apparently, there is an "escalation process" in which you can get your passport back and they put your application on hold. UKVI needs to send you the form. Just thought I'd let you know!
I'm not sure how accurate that information is...

• Liked: 3589
I'm not sure how accurate that information is...

Me either.

I know that for in-country applications, if you request your passport back, the application is treated as withdrawn and cancelled. And I would assume the same applies to applications made outside the UK.

However, I cannot find any other information about requesting documents back for applications outside the UK, other than having to contact the UKVI Enquiry Service.

I'll try to do a bit of online digging and see if I can find any personal experiences of anyone doing this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab