Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Repatriation loan back to the US  (Read 2671 times)

• Liked: 0
Repatriation loan back to the US
« on: May 03, 2017, 04:38:53 PM »
Can someone please help me?
I find myself scammed(dumb mistake) and now I am trying to get back home to the US. I am in the U.K. on a oneway ticket...(dumb mistake) and now I am trying to get back home but my family cannot help. I can across the repatriation Loan. How do I know if I qualify? How long will it take for me to get back home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1891
Re: Repatriation loan back to the US
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 04:58:38 PM »
I would think that your best source of information would be the US Embassy web site.  There's a special section for London.

• Liked: 223
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 09:11:13 PM »
Can someone please help me?
I find myself scammed(dumb mistake) and now I am trying to get back home to the US. I am in the U.K. on a oneway ticket...(dumb mistake) and now I am trying to get back home but my family cannot help. I can across the repatriation Loan. How do I know if I qualify? How long will it take for me to get back home?

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, Kare.

We've all made mistakes and it's always more stressful when they happen away from home.

Are you in a safe place now?

If you haven't already, be sure you contact the US Embassy in the UK:
https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/emergency-financial-assistance/

From the link:
U.S. consuls can assist U.S. citizens abroad who are temporarily destitute due to unforeseen circumstances.

U.S. citizens in England and Wales who find themselves in these circumstances should contact the Embassy in London.  U.S. citizens in Northern Ireland should contact the Consulate General in Belfast and those in Scotland, the Consulate General in Edinburgh.  You may also contact the State Department’s Office of Overseas Citizens Services at 1-888-407-4747 (during business hours) or 202-647-5225 (after hours).

Consular officers can help destitute Americans contact family, bank, or employer to arrange for transfer of funds. In some cases, these funds can be wired through the Department of State. For information on how a consular officer can help under these circumstances, see http://travel.state.gov/travel.

There isn't much information on that website, but if you contact the embassy, they should be able to give you more details of the process and whether you qualify. I hope you do.

Once you're back in the US, it would be helpful if you let us know what the process was so we can share it with others in the future.
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 02:03:52 PM »
Hi Kare, 
  I'm sorry you're in this situation. I hope you're safe.
 If you're not safe, please consider calling the police or Migrant help or even your local Citizens Advice

Otherwise, yes, the US Embassy can help and offer advice. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links