Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hair today . . . gone tomorrow!  (Read 1467 times)

• Liked: 5
Hair today . . . gone tomorrow!
« on: May 04, 2017, 04:43:18 PM »
Hi, all. 

I've finally moved over to the UK with all of my belongings with the exception of my hair dresser.  She wouldn't come along.    ???  She's been doing my hair for 20 years, and now I have waited so long, that I can wait no longer.  Any thoughts on an affordable, but reputable women's hair salon for highlights, cut (and maybe a clarifying / keratin treatment since using the water here)?  I can google all I want, but would appreciate if someone has a place in NW London area or even central London--Queens Park, St. Johns Wood, Camden, Willesden, Killburn . . . those areas.

Seems trivial.  It probably is, but is just one more change.  ;)

Thanks much!

• Liked: 537
Re: Hair today . . . gone tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 09:20:33 PM »
Hi, all. 

I've finally moved over to the UK with all of my belongings with the exception of my hair dresser.  She wouldn't come along.    ???  She's been doing my hair for 20 years, and now I have waited so long, that I can wait no longer.  Any thoughts on an affordable, but reputable women's hair salon for highlights, cut (and maybe a clarifying / keratin treatment since using the water here)?  I can google all I want, but would appreciate if someone has a place in NW London area or even central London--Queens Park, St. Johns Wood, Camden, Willesden, Killburn . . . those areas.

Thanks much!

Fingers crossed for you! I've been here 3 years and still not found anyone.

A couple of the Londoners may have suggestions for you. I'm in Derbyshire.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 154
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 11:05:28 PM »
I totally understand!!! I didn't even cut my hair my first eight months or so because I was scared lol. I tried a few places and honestly the best person I found is a lady at a place called cellys. Think a great clips type of place. She did wonders to my hair! But that being said I wouldn't let anybody else there do my hair I've watched them whilst my hair was being done lol. This place everything is 9 pounds or something like that. But I get my hair cut, full highlights washed and styled for £64.. which is far cheaper than any other place I tried.

Try looking them up I think they are a chain. But I would start with a haircut and observe the hairdressers. lol I know I sound crazy but I've had some pretty bad hair in the past I'm super careful with who I trust.

• Liked: 85
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 12:01:06 PM »
Hi, all. 

Thanks much!

Artistic Monkey at the top of the Kilburn High Road, before it becomes Shootup Hill, is brill. Close to the tube station and busses if that's not walkable for you. I've got an appointment next week, but still deciding between The Current Sarah Paulson or going full-on pixie cut or maybe just shaving it all off, because who has time for hair, really.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 12:55:13 PM »
or maybe just shaving it all off, because who has time for hair, really.

I'm leaning toward this one, myself. 

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 03:45:50 PM »

Me too, I'm thinking about going full dolphin .

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 04:00:57 PM »

I would love to, just once. But I feel as if I have a disproportionately undersized head, and that holds me back. Justice 4 tiny heads!

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 04:02:30 PM »
Me too, I'm thinking about going full dolphin .

You'll be perfectly aerodynamic for kite-buggy activities!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 04:56:11 PM »
Justice 4 tiny heads!

I could back a charity like that.  We should climb a crane and hang a banner. 

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 05:40:15 PM »
I would love to, just once. But I feel as if I have a disproportionately undersized head, and that holds me back. Justice 4 tiny heads!

I know... I would really like to try it as well, but I have tiny piggy-looking eyes, and I think the baldy look probably only suits someone, like Sinead O'Connor, who has big, pretty eyes.

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 06:04:52 PM »

A very small banner.

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 06:14:13 PM »
I know... I would really like to try it as well, but I have tiny piggy-looking eyes, and I think the baldy look probably only suits someone, like Sinead O'Connor, who has big, pretty eyes.
I hear you. It is my great hope that I'll eventually mature enough to stop giving a toss about societal constructs of what is aesthetically suitable and, therefore, let go of the notion that my incredible human body has flaws that require compensation efforts. With some hard work, I might get there by 70. I'll shave my head at 70 and live out the rest of my days free of the constant, fuzzy undercurrent of self-criticism that is all-too-easy to normalise.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 09:15:33 PM »
That just makes me think of the Brooklyn 99 when Terry tells Peralta he has a tiny head.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 111
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2017, 12:59:08 AM »
Artistic Monkey at the top of the Kilburn High Road, before it becomes Shootup Hill, is brill.

That is quite possibly the best hairdresser name I've heard in a while!! That's just brilliant! Alex Turner has amazing hair! If they could only get him to endorse the place...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2017, 10:21:12 AM »
That is quite possibly the best hairdresser name I've heard in a while!!

I used to go to a place in Berkeley called The Rape of the Lock... I always thought that was a brilliant name!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab