Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: TV thing in the wall....  (Read 4199 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: TV thing in the wall....
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 10:36:57 AM »
We cancelled our TV license as we don't even have freeview working. We just watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. We use catch-up apps RARELY (not iPlayer - just 40d and last night I used iTv for the first time in at LEAST a year). My coworker was telling me that they might still come after me and my husband and try to fine us for using ANY of the catch-up apps (but I read it only mattered for iplayer which is why they ask you if you've paid TV license at the beginning when you launch it) as she reckons we are meant to pay it even just owning a TV...but we honestly don't listen to radio (we use Spotify or cds or records - even in the car) and it's rare I even use a catch-up app anymore. Do you know if this is the case by any chance?

It looks to me like you're ok with that.

Do I need a TV Licence if I don’t watch the BBC?

Yes – if you watch or record live TV on any channel, or through any provider.
        No – if you don’t watch any live TV and you only ever watch on demand or catch up programmes on services other than BBC iPlayer.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/Live-TV-and-how-you-watch-it

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 10:43:43 AM »
Thanks that's what I thought! Husband and I read through the guidelines and I could only see live TV and iPlayer (which is what it says in your link) so was confused if maybe things changed recently or I got it wrong! I know they were at one point discussing stretching it out to all catch-up apps, but as far as I knew, iPlayer was the only one requiring TV license at the mo.

Thanks for confirming! i got a bit paranoid!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 107
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 08:10:15 AM »
We lived in a Grade II listed building. It had a big TV outlet like the one you described with the two output lines. The sky dish was on the roof but by law it had to be hidden. It might be the case with yours. They wouldn't have the two outputs if there was no dish there
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

Sponsored Links