Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 266265 times)

• Liked: 253
Re: Non-priority March April May
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2017, 06:09:17 PM »
What the heck?!?! They skipped me!!

I'm sure they didn't skip you cause there are a couple people between you and jessmh. It might be that her ECO is super efficient while the person who has your applicant is very methodical.

I don't really think there's any rhyme or reason to why this happens. I've tried to find a website or something that talks about how the actual visa processing bit happens, but the only thing I've been able to find is that the timing is a mix of where you are in line and the ECO that was assigned to you.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• American girl jumping the pond for love
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2017, 06:15:06 PM »
Hey guys! I thought I would join this chat since I am also waiting to hear back during this time frame.

Mailed documents on May 9th
Email from Sheffield May 11th
currently waiting!

Its only been 8 business days so I know it will be awhile.

I messed up one part of the application and I need some advice on how to go about fixing it!  I didn't send in my Fiance's bank statements correctly.  I printed them off the internet and highlighted the amount that matches his pay stubs. Should I have my Fiance get the bank statements from the bank, with the official stamp and then have him mail them to Sheffield with my GWF number on it?!  I don't want to be refused based on bank statements that I didn't provide correctly.  let me know your thoughts! thanks!!
Non Priority Fiancee Visa
Applied online: 1st May
Biometrics Appointment: 5th May
Package sent: 9th May
Arrived in Sheffield: 11th May
Email from Sheffield: 11th May
Decision Email: July 26th - APPROVED!

• Liked: 47
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2017, 06:15:19 PM »
I'm sure they didn't skip you cause there are a couple people between you and jessmh. It might be that her ECO is super efficient while the person who has your applicant is very methodical.

I don't really think there's any rhyme or reason to why this happens. I've tried to find a website or something that talks about how the actual visa processing bit happens, but the only thing I've been able to find is that the timing is a mix of where you are in line and the ECO that was assigned to you.

I get that, I just honestly can't take it anymore-I'm so stressed out. I'm on day 54-every day is getting harder, not easier

« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2017, 06:19:43 PM »
I get that, I just honestly can't take it anymore-I'm so stressed out. I'm on day 54-every day is getting harder, not easier

I understand where you're coming from, and I know me saying 'it will be fine' or 'be patient' isn't really helpful at all. But waiting is all we have to do unfortunately. It's a complete gamble on when people here back to a certain extent (of course other factors play in).

The one good thing is that you'll definitely hear back before me, and you'll be telling me this exact same thing in a month or so.

Otherwise, I can only offer you kind words and maybe cat/puppy/hamster videos to keep you occupied.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2017, 06:23:34 PM »
Hey guys! I thought I would join this chat since I am also waiting to hear back during this time frame.

currently waiting!

I messed up one part of the application and I need some advice on how to go about fixing it!  I didn't send in my Fiance's bank statements correctly.  I printed them off the internet and highlighted the amount that matches his pay stubs. Should I have my Fiance get the bank statements from the bank, with the official stamp and then have him mail them to Sheffield with my GWF number on it?!  I don't want to be refused based on bank statements that I didn't provide correctly.  let me know your thoughts! thanks!!

You can't add to your application after it's been submitted.  But don't lose sleep.  They may ask for official statements or they may disregard the fact that they aren't originals.

• Liked: 47
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2017, 06:25:49 PM »
Thank you ❤

I just have to hear back soon or I'll explode!!  This has been such a stressful experience from start til (almost) finish in so many ways. You hang in there too!

« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2017, 06:26:14 PM »

currently waiting!

I do not believe that you are allowed to add anything to your visa once it is sent as I had read that on a previous part of this forum. I don't know where it says that on the visa guidelines, but I have seen that information posted by the forum angels on here.

• Liked: 35
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2017, 06:27:06 PM »
I understand where you're coming from, and I know me saying 'it will be fine' or 'be patient' isn't really helpful at all. But waiting is all we have to do unfortunately. It's a complete gamble on when people here back to a certain extent (of course other factors play in).

The one good thing is that you'll definitely hear back before me, and you'll be telling me this exact same thing in a month or so.

Otherwise, I can only offer you kind words and maybe cat/puppy/hamster videos to keep you occupied.

It makes me feel so much better just knowing im not the only one going through this! The timelines help too, having a vague end date is better then an empty abyss, no matter how far away it is!

« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2017, 06:30:21 PM »
And that's why I like this forum a lot. When I did my first application in Dec of last year, I was constantly worried and felt really alone. Then, I got the rejection less than a month later and had to leave my home.

Being on here does give a good sense of kinship with others and a bit of hope. I know my case is a "complicated one", but I still feel happy seeing other's get their happiness a bit sooner than I. And I'll get there eventually- eeeeeven if that eventually feels like forever.  ::)

• American girl jumping the pond for love
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2017, 06:30:44 PM »
You can't add to your application after it's been submitted.  But don't lose sleep.  They may ask for official statements or they may disregard the fact that they aren't originals.

Yes, I'm hoping they reach out to me and ask for the bank statements rather than reject the application.  I have high hopes that it will be okay, considering thats the only document that I made a mistake on.  But you never know who is working on your case and how strict they will be!
Non Priority Fiancee Visa
Applied online: 1st May
Biometrics Appointment: 5th May
Package sent: 9th May
Arrived in Sheffield: 11th May
Email from Sheffield: 11th May
Decision Email: July 26th - APPROVED!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2017, 06:33:49 PM »
Yes, I'm hoping they reach out to me and ask for the bank statements rather than reject the application.  I have high hopes that it will be okay, considering thats the only document that I made a mistake on.  But you never know who is working on your case and how strict they will be!

If that is the only aspect of the application which is not perfect, I'd say there is a really high chance that they will just let it slide.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2017, 06:35:54 PM »

That's true - but sometimes you can't even tell the difference with internet printouts and official statements.  And we've had MANY members approved with internet print outs.  It really does depend on the individual ECO.

• Liked: 11
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2017, 06:39:37 PM »
I had to send the return label in afterward --when they say there may be a delay in connecting it to your application, does that mean AFTER the decision made email, or that it delays the decision email? The tracking no. isn't returning anything (probably decided too late for UPS pickup).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Liked: 11
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2017, 06:43:59 PM »
I had to send the return label in afterward --when they say there may be a delay in connecting it to your application, does that mean AFTER the decision made email, or that it delays the decision email? The tracking no. isn't returning anything (probably decided too late for UPS pickup).

I know the tracking not linking up yet is normal but just wondering about the delay part! Anyway fingers crossed for us all!!!

• Liked: 70
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2017, 07:17:16 PM »
Did they give a specific reason you shouldn't do it?

Who did you call. I had to call the query line twice. The first time they said it was okay for the settlement visa only to upgrade..
So i bought it.. then i called again to figure out what to do next and the agent said it WAS NOT POSSIBLE.. I explained what happened and they got a supervisor who immediately said that it WAS possible and we did not waste our money. I know it is NOT possible for some visa types.
but make sure you speak to a supervisor if they say no.
Settlement Fiance
Online Submission: April 3
Biometrics: April 7
Sent application: April 10
Confirmation Email: April 12
Upgraded to Priority: April 13
Asked for upgrade confirmation: April 26
Decision Email:June 8 (38 business days)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab