Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 266462 times)

• Liked: 30
Re: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline
« Reply #1725 on: August 24, 2017, 06:38:40 AM »
This was on another forum earlier.....hope it's ok to post!!

Dear XXXX

Thank you for your email correspondence of 14 July where you have raised a complaint about your outstanding Entry Clearance application.

You explain that you received an email explaining your application would be delayed but you have not received any further information on your application. Due to the delay you have had to cancel your wedding and arrangements put in place with your family members. You are also dissatisfied with our International Enquiry Service (IES) which has been unable to provide any further information to you on your application.

I am unable to uphold your complaint.

I am very sorry for the delay you are experiencing. However, we notified you on 23 June, 14 July and 1 August that your application is not straightforward and will take longer to consider. As part of the application process we are required to undertake checks and the length of these checks can vary from case to case.

You are also dissatisfied with our IES. Our records show that the IES has escalated your concerns to the Visa Section. However, as ongoing enquiries are being progressed on your case the IES would be unable to provide any further information on your application other than it is under consideration.

While I understand this might not be the outcome you expected, I hope this clarifies the position. You will be notified as soon as a decision is made on your case.

You can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by writing to us at: complaintsreview@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Please ensure that you provide us with specific details setting out why you believe a review is required. This will enable us to provide you with a full response.

Yesterday I have been to UKVI Milsands office and in reception there was 1 security guard he asked me for appointment I said what appointment he handed me a piece of paper with numbers on it when i told him that i am here to find out my wifes application he started laughing and said crazy system man and thats staffs only enterence so they lock themselves and snor like rhinos

• Liked: 49
« Reply #1726 on: August 24, 2017, 07:07:21 AM »
Approved! A huge thank you to everyone here, your support and advice has really helped us though this nightmare. Best of luck to you all!

« Reply #1727 on: August 24, 2017, 07:10:59 AM »
Approved! A huge thank you to everyone here, your support and advice has really helped us though this nightmare. Best of luck to you all!

Congratssssssss

• Liked: 287
« Reply #1728 on: August 24, 2017, 09:47:29 AM »

Congratulations! How many days did you wait in total?
Application Type : FLR(M)
Application Submitted online on: 19/08/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: 10/09/20 using IDV App
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): no
Decision Email: 18/12/2020
Decision Letter Received on: 18/12/2020
BRP Card Received on: 22/12/2020
Decision: APPROVED

• Liked: 49
« Reply #1729 on: August 24, 2017, 09:52:46 AM »
Congratulations! How many days did you wait in total?

62BD for us in the end.

« Reply #1730 on: August 24, 2017, 09:56:20 AM »
62BD for us in the end.

Brilliant - i think it's normally around the 90 days for non-priority. Glad the wait and stress is over for you.

« Reply #1731 on: August 24, 2017, 10:41:52 AM »
Brilliant - i think it's normally around the 90 days for non-priority. Glad the wait and stress is over for you.

89 business days another day with new hope

« Reply #1732 on: August 24, 2017, 10:58:28 AM »
89 business days another day with new hope

You'll soon go from the Disappointed-One to the Happy-One - fingers crossed! Hoping you get a result this week!

« Reply #1733 on: August 24, 2017, 12:15:07 PM »
You'll soon go from the Disappointed-One to the Happy-One - fingers crossed! Hoping you get a result this week!
Thanks for give me hopes mate

• Liked: 257
« Reply #1734 on: August 24, 2017, 01:43:25 PM »
Yesterday I have been to UKVI Milsands office and in reception there was 1 security guard he asked me for appointment I said what appointment he handed me a piece of paper with numbers on it when i told him that i am here to find out my wifes application he started laughing and said crazy system man and thats staffs only enterence so they lock themselves and snor like rhinos

Sorry your post does not make any sense, could you elaborate on what the security officer told you? As I can't decipher what you are trying to say in your original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Type of Application: FLR M
Country applying from: UK, London
Nationality: US Citizen
Online application: 12th June 2020
Sopra Steria Doc Upload: TBC
Biometrics: Awaiting to book appointment
FLR M Received/New BRP: Awaiting

« Reply #1735 on: August 24, 2017, 02:27:30 PM »
Sorry your post does not make any sense, could you elaborate on what the security officer told you? As I can't decipher what you are trying to say in your original post.

I am trying to say that I have been to UKVI Milsands office where all your documents go and heartless ECO sit and decide on applications. On reception there is 1 Security officer who deals with visitors. He asked me if I got appointment letter with me I asked him what appointment He replied that you have to book appointment to see someone behind those closed doors and handed me a piece of paper with some UKVI numbers on to book appointment when I told him I am here to find out about my wifes visa application he laughed and said crazy system man. So I could not see anyone to find out whats going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #1736 on: August 24, 2017, 02:42:00 PM »

Even making an appointment and speaking to them will probably be a waste of you're time.

• American girl jumping the pond for love
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #1737 on: August 24, 2017, 03:38:46 PM »
hey guys! its been while since I've posted! I'm now in London and with my fiancĂ© (YAYYYY!).  I picked up my resident card yesterday and I'm a little confused by it.  The card is good until may 2020, and on the front of the card under 'remarks' it says, "WORK PERMITTED". on the back of the card under 'remarks', it says, "NO PUBLIC FUNDS". I thought that I would get a new card once I switched to a spouse visa, but apparently not since this is good until 2020. After I get my spouse visa, I'm legally able to work right?!

Another question: My US Passport expires in December. Should I go to the US Embassy to get a new passport?? I'm going back to the states in 5 weeks for a wedding and I don't want there to be any issues when I come back into the UK since my passport will be within 3 months of expiring. 

thanks friends!!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:40:51 PM by getme2england »
Non Priority Fiancee Visa
Applied online: 1st May
Biometrics Appointment: 5th May
Package sent: 9th May
Arrived in Sheffield: 11th May
Email from Sheffield: 11th May
Decision Email: July 26th - APPROVED!

« Reply #1738 on: August 24, 2017, 03:48:24 PM »
Congratulations.  :)

« Reply #1739 on: August 24, 2017, 04:06:32 PM »
hey guys! its been while since I've posted! I'm now in London and with my fiancĂ© (YAYYYY!).  I picked up my resident card yesterday and I'm a little confused by it.  The card is good until may 2020, and on the front of the card under 'remarks' it says, "WORK PERMITTED". on the back of the card under 'remarks', it says, "NO PUBLIC FUNDS". I thought that I would get a new card once I switched to a spouse visa, but apparently not since this is good until 2020. After I get my spouse visa, I'm legally able to work right?!

Another question: My US Passport expires in December. Should I go to the US Embassy to get a new passport?? I'm going back to the states in 5 weeks for a wedding and I don't want there to be any issues when I come back into the UK since my passport will be within 3 months of expiring. 

thanks friends!!
Brother congrats yes you cant claim any public funds but you can work with out any restrictions also you need to renew your us passport
You need to keep ur old passport with you for 2 years
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 04:08:09 PM by Disappointed-One »

Sponsored Links