Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 265635 times)

• Liked: 129
Re: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline
« Reply #3555 on: May 16, 2018, 03:55:57 AM »
Mine also says "order processed and ready for UPS" but I think that just means that UPS is ready whenever they get hold of the package... I found this video which was helpful:

Yes unfortunately it looks like I jumped the gun a bit  :(  I think UPS did an update so when I saw a different screen and today's date (It's been showing the date of purchase) I got a little excited. My husband has been visiting and he goes back to England tomorrow, so I was so hopeful we would hear something before he goes. Ah well, hopefully we all get good news before the weekend!

• Liked: 10
« Reply #3556 on: May 16, 2018, 04:09:36 AM »
At least you're getting close so hopefully hear news soon! When was your receipt email from Sheffield?
Non-Priority from the USA
Online Application- 16th Feb 2018
Biometrics- 22nd Feb 2018
Date Supporting Documents received in Sheffield-7th March 2018 (took ages!)
Email of online application acknowledgment: 12th March
Non-Straightforward email:None
Decision Made Email: May 16th 2018
Passport Received: May 21st APPROVED!!!

• Liked: 37
« Reply #3557 on: May 16, 2018, 04:29:32 AM »
Yes unfortunately it looks like I jumped the gun a bit  :(  I think UPS did an update so when I saw a different screen and today's date (It's been showing the date of purchase) I got a little excited. My husband has been visiting and he goes back to England tomorrow, so I was so hopeful we would hear something before he goes. Ah well, hopefully we all get good news before the weekend!
Yeah I noticed that the format of the screen changed this morning too so I was holding out some small hope! Still 3 more days this week for us all to hear back.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Nationality:  US Citizen; husband is UK Citizen
First Spouse Visa - Applied Feb 2018, Approved May 2018
FLR(M) - Applied January 2021, Approved May 2021
ILR(M) - Applied May 2023, Approved June 2023
Citizenship - Pending Application

• Liked: 129
« Reply #3558 on: May 16, 2018, 04:35:27 AM »
At least you're getting close so hopefully hear news soon! When was your receipt email from Sheffield?

The package arrived March 1st but we didn't get our email until the 5th....so a few days to go yet!

« Reply #3559 on: May 16, 2018, 03:17:35 PM »
Decision Made!!!!!! The weird thing is I actually sent an email to the Visa support last night and then I JUST got this email. I had sent the support centre an email in April just asking if the 60BD was from the date of biometrics or the email and they sent back saying biometrics and that if the wait time exceeds 60BD. I know that many people on here say that that is not correct BUT because I had that in writing, I emailed them yesterday (a few days early because I figured I wouldnt get a response until Friday anyway which would be our 60BD from biometrics) asking them to escalate our case. Now I have no idea if this actually worked but today I got an email saying Decision Made. Probably had nothing to do with it since they have probably been working on our application prior to me sending this email out but I would suggest for all those waiting that you ask them what I did, get it in writing and then you can contact them at 60BD from biometrics.
Days from biometrics- 57BD
Date from Confirmation Email- 45BD

....so maybe it actually IS from biometrics day??

The email stated our passport ect is on its way but UPS has no tracking on this yet? Maybe just needs to be updated? Ill keep you updated!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3560 on: May 16, 2018, 03:26:53 PM »
Decision Made!!!!!! The weird thing is I actually sent an email to the Visa support last night and then I JUST got this email. I had sent the support centre an email in April just asking if the 60BD was from the date of biometrics or the email and they sent back saying biometrics and that if the wait time exceeds 60BD. I know that many people on here say that that is not correct BUT because I had that in writing, I emailed them yesterday (a few days early because I figured I wouldnt get a response until Friday anyway which would be our 60BD from biometrics) asking them to escalate our case. Now I have no idea if this actually worked but today I got an email saying Decision Made. Probably had nothing to do with it since they have probably been working on our application prior to me sending this email out but I would suggest for all those waiting that you ask them what I did, get it in writing and then you can contact them at 60BD from biometrics.

The email stated our passport ect is on its way but UPS has no tracking on this yet? Maybe just needs to be updated? Ill keep you updated!
Their goal is to have the decision made within 60 business days for non-priority. For US applications its from the day they receive your documents because they can't start work or assign them in their queue until they have the package, other parts of the world the documents are scanned at biometrics. It's completely random luck that this coincided with your email to support (who generally can't provide any useful information). I hope you get your docs back before the weekend! :)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3561 on: May 16, 2018, 03:27:02 PM »

Their goal is to have the decision made within 60 business days for non-priority. For US applications its from the day they receive your documents because they can't start work or assign them in their queue until they have the package, other parts of the world the documents are scanned at biometrics. It's completely random luck that this coincided with your email to support (who generally can't provide any useful information). I hope you get your docs back before the weekend! :)

• Liked: 33
« Reply #3562 on: May 16, 2018, 03:27:47 PM »

Congratulations!! :) How exciting! And thanks for sharing your story, it's interesting to see how it might have pushed them into looking at your application but is more than likely purely coincidence but who knows  :)
Visa type: Spouse visa, non-priority
Biometrics: 23rd March 2018
Supporting docs received in Sheffield: 28th March 2018
Confirmation email: 3rd April 2018
Application not straight forward email: None
Decision email: 21st June 2018 (56BD)
Decision received/Passport returned: 25th June 2018 (approved)

• Liked: 49
« Reply #3563 on: May 16, 2018, 03:29:10 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  So happy for you!!!   [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
UK: Spousal Visa- Non-Priority
Applying from: Atlanta, USA
Online Application Date: February 13, 2018
Biometrics Date: February 16, 2018
Application Received in Sheffield: February 26
Email from Sheffield Acknowledging Receipt: February 28
Not-Straightforward Email: None
Decision Made Email: May 9
Verdict: APPROVED!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3564 on: May 16, 2018, 03:30:38 PM »

Fabulous news!

As Margo said, it's simply that your application reached the front of the line.  The "ripoff line and email" is nothing more than a third party revenue stream who does NOT have access to your information.  Escalations are not real things.  They don't mean anything.

For USA applications, processing times are most definitely calculated from "received email".  The ripoff line and email will always say differently.  And technically they can escalate your case at any time - as an escalation isn't a real thing.   :P

But none of that matters, as you have your decision!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D  I just want to save others throwing away good money contacting the ripoff line! 

• Liked: 113
« Reply #3565 on: May 16, 2018, 03:42:56 PM »
Decision Made!!!!!!

Congratulations on your decision made email!

US applications are unique because the applicants mail their application form & other supporting docs to Sheffield directly. So the clock can’t start until UKVI actually receives the packet.

Other countries, like the Philippines, where my friend applied for her spouse settlement visa had to go to an application center to do her biometrics AND submit her supporting docs. So essentially the same day. That’s why their clock starts from biometrics day. This is more the norm so probably why the visa support person told you it was from biometrics day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

« Reply #3566 on: May 16, 2018, 03:59:24 PM »
Ah OK. We just got lucky then I guess. Luckily I am so busy with work (end of the school year is always hectic) so I think these next few days will go fast! The email says documents dispatched but I checked UPS and it says this...
"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Does it just take a while to update? Also, if we are both at work and it gets delivered on Friday, do UPS deliver on Saturday too?
Thanks in advance!

« Reply #3567 on: May 16, 2018, 04:31:25 PM »
Ah OK. We just got lucky then I guess. Luckily I am so busy with work (end of the school year is always hectic) so I think these next few days will go fast! The email says documents dispatched but I checked UPS and it says this...
"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Does it just take a while to update? Also, if we are both at work and it gets delivered on Friday, do UPS deliver on Saturday too?
Thanks in advance!

It will likely update later this afternoon/evening or overnight.  I think mine started to update in the late afternoon.  Fingers crossed!

« Reply #3568 on: May 16, 2018, 04:48:17 PM »
Thank you! Fingers crossed  :-[ :o

« Reply #3569 on: May 16, 2018, 04:50:34 PM »
Thank you! Fingers crossed  :-[ :o

It will be okay!!  I know first hand how very hard those two days of waiting can be!  All will be well.

Sponsored Links