Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 266225 times)

• Liked: 47
Re: Non-priority March April May
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2017, 07:41:30 PM »
Ah yes, it was Smelton.  It was received by Sheffield March 2. Decision email came May 11!  A bit faster, even!

Completed biometrics: Feburary 21
Received an email stating "Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer": Feburary 25
Sent my docs: February 25
Package was marked delivered by DHS: March 2, 2017
Decision has been made email: May 11, 2017

I truly believe she heard sooner bc of how early her biometrics was. I know some say it doesn't matter, but I have found from my intense tracking that it could.
Mine was recd a day after Smelton. I say most of us are hearing at the 11-12 week mark from biometrics.

• Liked: 17
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2017, 07:42:10 PM »
Looks like that app would be around the 10 week, 1 dayish mark- still making the average around 10.5, but that's really awesome!

And good luck sammyab! I'd be checking my emails constantly if I was in your shoes XD I'm weird like that

Hehe thank you :D

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2017, 07:47:23 PM »
I truly believe she heard sooner bc of how early her biometrics was. I know some say it doesn't matter, but I have found from my intense tracking that it could.

How could it, though?

The application arrives at Sheffield, it is put in line, it is picked up after several weeks and then it is processed in about 2 hours. They won't even know what date your biometrics were taken until they are making the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 210
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2017, 07:54:54 PM »
Mine was recd a day after Smelton. I say most of us are hearing at the 11-12 week mark from biometrics.

I only wish this were true, but I agree with ksand.
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 253
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2017, 07:55:35 PM »
I agree with ksand24. Especially since you have to mail your biometrics WITH the spousal visa application. It wouldn't be considered until you had biometrics in the folder physically at Sheffield.

When I did my FLR(M), I thought it might be biometrics date since I had to mail the supporting docs first to Sheffield, then wait for the letter with my biometrics meeting information, and go do biometrics. But even then, I don't really think it went off that date. Not 100% on that.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 47
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2017, 08:23:23 PM »
Everyone can have their opinion :) thats just mine....I think there are ways for them to track the biometric date, and also people get the "docs recd" email after biometrics but before they actually did send them like Smelton, but it doesn't really matter. its just a matter of everyone surmising...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:24:46 PM by marenleigh »

• Liked: 3
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2017, 08:45:19 PM »
Hey all. So I'm on my second app. First app was reviewed and rejected within 6 weeks. I'm now on week 6 in my second and haven't even received the standard email saying my application is being reviewed by an officer. Is that normal? Maybe my application fell between the cracks....

• Liked: 30
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2017, 09:06:55 PM »
Hey all. So I'm on my second app. First app was reviewed and rejected within 6 weeks. I'm now on week 6 in my second and haven't even received the standard email saying my application is being reviewed by an officer. Is that normal? Maybe my application fell between the cracks....

Non-priority applications are taking approximately 11 weeks right now.
Married in NI: 30 Dec 2016
Moved to NI: 30 May 2017
FLR(M): 22 April 2020
EUSS (pre):  21 Oct 2020
EUSS: 6 July 2022
Citizenship: 21 Dec 2022
US I-130: 16 December 2022

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2017, 09:08:33 PM »
I agree with ksand24. Especially since you have to mail your biometrics WITH the spousal visa application. It wouldn't be considered until you had biometrics in the folder physically at Sheffield.

That's not actually true - your biometrics are transmitted electronically to Sheffield right after your appointment.

You only include the stamped sheet with your documents to show you attended the appointment. The actual biometrics data will have been in their computer system at Sheffield for days or weeks already, but it is not accessed until they pick up your documents and start looking at your application.

When I did my FLR(M), I thought it might be biometrics date since I had to mail the supporting docs first to Sheffield, then wait for the letter with my biometrics meeting information, and go do biometrics. But even then, I don't really think it went off that date. Not 100% on that.

They don't actually start processing the application for FLR(M) until after the biometrics have been submitted. However, there's no guarantee how long after the biometrics that will actually be.

« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2017, 09:11:08 PM »
Everyone can have their opinion :) thats just mine....I think there are ways for them to track the biometric date, and also people get the "docs recd" email after biometrics but before they actually did send them like Smelton, but it doesn't really matter. its just a matter of everyone surmising...

That's just an auto-email triggered by attending the biometrics appointment... it doesn't mean anything for US applicants and really should not be sent to them.

In some countries, you submit your documents in person at the biometrics appointment, so they get the email to say the documents have been received... so for them, their processing time starts from the biometrics date.

In the US, however, biometrics are taken by US immigration on behalf of UKVI, so no documents are submitted at the appointment. Therefore processing cannot start on the application at that time, because the application documents have not been submitted yet.

• Liked: 253
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2017, 10:10:44 PM »
Yeah, sorry ksand lol. I'm running on about two hours of sleep for the past 72 hours. I meant the stamped biometrics form and exactly what you said about the FLR(M).

My brain to typing filter is not at optimum levels.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 84
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2017, 03:47:06 PM »
I just wish someone would update their processing times already.  If we're going to have to settle in for a long wait, I'd at least like to know how long I can expect to be waiting!

The husband and son are leaving next week, and the apartment is getting packed up, hence my sudden outburst. Sorry, just had to vent. Again.
Documents sent 10 April
Received: 13 April
Decision email: 22 May

• Liked: 210
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2017, 03:48:15 PM »
I just wish someone would update their processing times already.  If we're going to have to settle in for a long wait, I'd at least like to know how long I can expect to be waiting!

The husband and son are leaving next week, and the apartment is getting packed up, hence my sudden outburst. Sorry, just had to vent. Again.

My apartment's getting bathed in tears and depression, so I hear you. Hard to wait!! Let's hope we all get good news soon.
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 9
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2017, 06:22:17 AM »
I received an e-mail back after my request for an updated timeline and they told me that my application still hasn't been assigned to anyone for processing:(.
Application received in Sheffield 4/24/17
My apartment's getting bathed in tears and depression, so I hear you. Hard to wait!! Let's hope we all get good news soon.
California Woman meets Brit Husband while he was in the US for work.
Married 12/23/16
Biometrics complete 04/14/17
Application sent 04/18/17
Acknowledgement e-mail: 04/24/17
E-mail requesting status update 05/18/17 received (application still not assigned to entry clearance officer.
Ready to end this long distance relationship!

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2017, 06:32:12 AM »
I received an e-mail back after my request for an updated timeline and they told me that my application still hasn't been assigned to anyone for processing:(.
Application received in Sheffield 4/24/17

That's normal. Almost the entire processing time will be your application waiting in line, before it has been assigned to anyone for processing. Once it is assigned to an Entry Clearance Officer, it should be processed quickly (within a few days).

Since you are non-priority, I would imagine it will be maybe another month before it is assigned to anyone, possibly longer.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab