Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 264360 times)

• Liked: 9
Re: Non-priority March April May
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2017, 06:44:08 AM »
I've heard of people "upgrading" to priority after send the app but I'm not sure it's worth it.  My husbad and I are supposed to move into our place on June 9th but it seems he'll be there months before I can join.
That's normal. Almost the entire processing time will be your application waiting in line, before it has been assigned to anyone for processing. Once it is assigned to an Entry Clearance Officer, it should be processed quickly (within a few days).

Since you are non-priority, I would imagine it will be maybe another month before it is assigned to anyone, possibly longer.
California Woman meets Brit Husband while he was in the US for work.
Married 12/23/16
Biometrics complete 04/14/17
Application sent 04/18/17
Acknowledgement e-mail: 04/24/17
E-mail requesting status update 05/18/17 received (application still not assigned to entry clearance officer.
Ready to end this long distance relationship!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2017, 08:17:05 AM »
I've heard of people "upgrading" to priority after send the app but I'm not sure it's worth it.  My husbad and I are supposed to move into our place on June 9th but it seems he'll be there months before I can join.

You'd have to be quite sure that it was worth it to you because although we've have a couple of people upgrade successfully, it's still not officially permitted so it is an expensive gamble each time someone tries it.

It's such a shame though that they changed it.  They used to allow the upgrades and we see so many people who change their minds after submitting the application either because they didn't know priority was available or had no idea how long the non-priority waiting times would be.  :(

• Liked: 84
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2017, 02:51:02 PM »

Yeah I tried to upgrade this week.  I know they've gotten the receipt and all that because the receipt tracking says it's been signed for. Called them, my application HAS NOT been upgraded to priority as far as they can tell, and since I'm not supposed to be able to do it, no one can tell me if and when it will be upgraded. So, I may have just thrown 700 bucks away.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:53:45 PM by purplepeopleeater »
Documents sent 10 April
Received: 13 April
Decision email: 22 May

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2017, 03:23:04 PM »

For non-priority at the end of April, I would plan for it to be about 4 months.  Based on last year.  Unfortunately it could be worse this year as we hadn't had this much of a slow down at this point last year.  At the same time, it could be much faster!  You just never know.

• Liked: 70
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2017, 05:11:16 PM »
Yeah I tried to upgrade this week.  I know they've gotten the receipt and all that because the receipt tracking says it's been signed for. Called them, my application HAS NOT been upgraded to priority as far as they can tell, and since I'm not supposed to be able to do it, no one can tell me if and when it will be upgraded. So, I may have just thrown 700 bucks away.

Why did you mail it and not email it?

Can you email the receipt and ask for a confirmation that your application has been placed in the priority queue?
Settlement Fiance
Online Submission: April 3
Biometrics: April 7
Sent application: April 10
Confirmation Email: April 12
Upgraded to Priority: April 13
Asked for upgrade confirmation: April 26
Decision Email:June 8 (38 business days)

« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2017, 05:15:34 PM »
Why did you mail it and not email it?

Can you email the receipt and ask for a confirmation that your application has been placed in the priority queue?

Oh I emailed and mailed - mailed mostly so I have proof someone has received it. I emailed as soon as I got the receipt.  And my mother-in-law (in the UK) mailed a copy as well (for her own records, she says).  Still no word though.
Documents sent 10 April

• Liked: 70
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2017, 05:35:02 PM »
Oh I emailed and mailed - mailed mostly so I have proof someone has received it. I emailed as soon as I got the receipt.  And my mother-in-law (in the UK) mailed a copy as well (for her own records, she says).  Still no word though.
I'm sorry, that is rough.
It took them two weeks to confirm the status change. And I wrote them twice for a confirmation.
Hopefully you will hear soon so you dont feel like the money was a waste.
Settlement Fiance
Online Submission: April 3
Biometrics: April 7
Sent application: April 10
Confirmation Email: April 12
Upgraded to Priority: April 13
Asked for upgrade confirmation: April 26
Decision Email:June 8 (38 business days)

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2017, 05:58:13 PM »
I'm sorry, that is rough.
It took them two weeks to confirm the status change. And I wrote them twice for a confirmation.
Hopefully you will hear soon so you dont feel like the money was a waste.

On the other hand, even if it just shortens my wait time by a few weeks, it will be worth it!
Documents sent 10 April

• Liked: 75
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2017, 07:38:54 PM »
So when we receive the email that it's being "prepared for consideration by an Enty Clearance Officer", is that when we start counting our wait time?

(Small rant: GAWD how long does it take to prepare something I've highlighted, labeled, and divided into categories and subcategories beyond belieffff. Just let me in!!!)
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Submitted: February 8, 2017
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-
2nd Online application submitted April 30, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK May 4, 2017
UPS Tracking Delivered to Sheffield May 8, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield May 15, 2017
Retroactive Upgrade to Priority*: June 2, 2017
Decision Made on Tracker: July 1, 2017
Decision Made Email: July 3, 2017

• Alors, tu te rappelleras tout ce que je te dis là
  • Liked: 150
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2017, 07:48:21 PM »
So when we receive the email that it's being "prepared for consideration by an Enty Clearance Officer", is that when we start counting our wait time?

(Small rant: GAWD how long does it take to prepare something I've highlighted, labeled, and divided into categories and subcategories beyond belieffff. Just let me in!!!)

Yes, that seems to be the date everyone goes off of.
Met UK 30/05/2016
Married US 03/03/2017
Applied spouse visa 17/04/2017
Decision 31/05/2017
**Visa Approved**

• Liked: 253
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2017, 08:11:53 PM »

Yes, that is the time when Sheffield actually has the documents and puts them in the line to wait. But now it's just the slow march in line to get to a desk, then someone looks at it, and it takes (or what people have said) about two hours to make the actual decision.

And agree. I have all mine organised with tab markers, highlighted, post-it marked, etc.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 35
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2017, 02:30:35 PM »
Me and my husband wanted to do priority originally but it wouldn't let us! How do you try upgrading now?

« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2017, 02:32:43 PM »
Me and my husband wanted to do priority originally but it wouldn't let us! How do you try upgrading now?

It's getting increasingly risky to try (and it's $700 you won't get back if it doesn't), but you can check hawkphx's posts to see how she did it.
Met UK 30/05/2016
Married US 03/03/2017
Decision 31/05/2017
**Visa Approved**

• Liked: 35
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2017, 02:37:05 PM »
It's getting increasingly risky to try (and it's $700 you won't get back if it doesn't), but you can check hawkphx's posts to see how she did it.

Thanks, my husband wants to do it, but im too worried about loosing all that money. I could visit him on the amount!
Our docs were received 2 days after yours

« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2017, 03:04:25 PM »
Thanks, my husband wants to do it, but im too worried about loosing all that money. I could visit him on the amount!
Our docs were received 2 days after yours

Someone did try it recently, but they haven't yet received a confirmation of their priority upgrade. It is officially "not possible", but some people have done it in the past couple of months. When hawkphx did this last month, she did receive a confirmation e-mail after a few weeks of waiting/contacting them. So it's really hard to say -- it could be worth it, but it could not.
Met UK 30/05/2016
Married US 03/03/2017
Decision 31/05/2017
**Visa Approved**

Sponsored Links