Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 266581 times)

• Liked: 404
Re: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline
« Reply #930 on: July 18, 2017, 04:28:39 AM »

It's not that it hasn't been maintained, just that nothing has happened recently to add...
Not sure what you think is so "understandably" about it either...
Aren't you supposed to be doing the priority timeline?

It hasn't been updated with for example your decision letter? I thought as you'd got your visa you had stopped so I was doing it to help the remaining people waiting.   Your call.
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

• Liked: 48
« Reply #931 on: July 18, 2017, 04:31:59 AM »
It hasn't been updated with for example your decision letter? I thought as you'd got your visa you had stopped so I was doing it to help the remaining people waiting.   Your call.

Not sure what is new that you're thinking I should add?

Your math is off too, so I'm not really sure what you're doing.

You're welcome to take over, but I certainly haven't gotten my visa yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 404
« Reply #932 on: July 18, 2017, 04:39:35 AM »

I genuinely thought you had received the request to pay the IHS charge (which signifies a decision) and had gone, I was bored and trying to help.   Apologies.

Re: the math. Your spreadsheet works on the premise that a Monday application decided on friday = 5BD.  The convention is that is a wait of 4 days so I was adjusting. 

I'll leave it to you entirely, I removed the non-priority log I was posting - just so we're clear it wasn't for me in any way whatsoever.  There is no benefit to me, I just thought it would be helpful to continue your great work after you had gone.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:56:50 AM by mbmoffat »
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

• Liked: 35
« Reply #933 on: July 18, 2017, 07:35:56 AM »
It actually happened!!! We got a YES!!! I never thought this day would come  ;D ;D ;D

Thank you everyone on here for all your help and support  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #934 on: July 18, 2017, 07:42:49 AM »
It actually happened!!! We got a YES!!! I never thought this day would come  ;D ;D ;D

That's what I was waiting for!  ;D Congratulations natoley! Fantastic news!  ;D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #935 on: July 18, 2017, 08:44:21 AM »

Woohoo!

• Liked: 253
« Reply #936 on: July 18, 2017, 03:22:51 PM »

YAY!!!!!!!!
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 55
« Reply #937 on: July 18, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »

To come to mbmoffet's defense they've been on this every day updated that spreadsheet. Whether it's wrong or right they have still put in the effort for all of us when they didn't need to. However if you didn't get the "understandably" part, then I'll explain it to you: Usually when someone hasn't posted for a good period of time it's because they've received their visa and have been too busy packing up and getting ready to join their other half in the UK.
So maybe next time instead you could write, "You know what, that spread sheet looks like you've put some good effort into it, can I just point out that I've found a math problem in there with the business days off..."

Everyone's on here for support and information and we're all trying to help one another because we're all in the same scenario.
Met in U.K. September 2015
Engaged May 2016
Married March 2017 in USA
Biometrics May 16 2017
Sent application out May 19 2017
Acknowledgement Email from Sheffield May 24 2017
Upgraded Retroactively July 8

• Liked: 449
« Reply #938 on: July 18, 2017, 04:20:38 PM »
To come to mbmoffet's defense they've been on this every day updated that spreadsheet. Whether it's wrong or right they have still put in the effort for all of us when they didn't need to. However if you didn't get the "understandably" part, then I'll explain it to you: Usually when someone hasn't posted for a good period of time it's because they've received their visa and have been too busy packing up and getting ready to join their other half in the UK.
So maybe next time instead you could write, "You know what, that spread sheet looks like you've put some good effort into it, can I just point out that I've found a math problem in there with the business days off..."

Everyone's on here for support and information and we're all trying to help one another because we're all in the same scenario.

Ok so here's my take for what it is worth. Mbmoffat has been doing a great job on priority log which we all appreciate. Keiki has been doing great job on non priority spreadsheet which is also appreciated by everyone Mbmoffat has been waiting way over priority average time for their decision and like us all is trying to find constructive ways to manage that. He believed, as is said here, that Keiki had got their visa and so he was trying to help continue this non-priority log. I'm a bit confused about why the maths is different as from their previous exchange I understood both were using same formula. Keiki, like many of us, is stressed out of their mind from the wait which is intensified when you think there is some movement but no visa appears. Keiki was put out by Mbmoffat's input, which was meant to be helpful (I've been there in last few weeks with these stress levels). It's really helpful to have an ongoing log for future reference so it would be great if you could share all your work with everyone here so it can be built upon and carried forward Keiki? We really are all just trying to get through this and help each other out.
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #939 on: July 18, 2017, 05:00:29 PM »
Any chance of giving me access to Keiki's spreadsheet? I was able to access it yesterday but today it's saying I can't, for some reason. My email's <snip>.

Yeah, I couldn't access it today either.
You may want to edit out your email address, it's really not a great idea to be posting it on a public forum.  :)

• Liked: 48
« Reply #940 on: July 18, 2017, 11:11:00 PM »
An official update for everyone, I still have not received my visa or an email beyond the fact that they asked me to pay the money for my son's IHS last Thursday. It would be an understatement to say that I am stressed out, thinking I was so close to finally getting the visa only to be continuously disappointed everyday.

I am a lurker at heart and while I may not post, I am always checking the forum and updating the spreadsheet.

The spread sheet is back up, the mathematics that are generated from the formula are still the most accurate in my opinion. I always leave the option for people to make a comment if they don't agree with any of the dates or the math that is there. More than anything I want it to be a collaboration between all of us.

• Liked: 449
« Reply #941 on: July 18, 2017, 11:22:48 PM »

It would be an understatement to say that I am stressed out, thinking I was so close to finally getting the visa only to be continuously disappointed everyday.

Thanks for spreadsheet. Thinking of you, it's unbelievably stressful process. I'm preparing for a week or more of nothing now, having finally heard back from UKVI that they have our documents, and then the request for return shipping, so was hoping that would mean in motion and decision imminent, but there's just no telling is there with this process and no further communication today... Hope you hear very soon now.
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 90
« Reply #942 on: July 19, 2017, 09:41:05 AM »

Thanks for the link. Wasn't sure what it was and was going to ask for it. Interesting!

Online application: 29 June
Biometrics: 5 July
Package sent to UKVI: 5 July
Package arrived: 7 July
UKVI opened and confirmed receipt: 11 July
Decision email from UKVI: 2 October (59 BDs)
Passport returned 4 October - Approved!
Flight to UK: 14 October
Happiness: 15 October

• Liked: 16
« Reply #943 on: July 19, 2017, 01:25:37 PM »
Dear all,

I've been lurking on this forum for the past few weeks while I wait for my non-priority visa. I appreciate everyone sharing their info, so I felt I should share mine to add to the spreadsheet.

I'm a slightly different case since I'm moving to Jersey, Channel Islands, UK, and my visa must go through an extra step. But Jersey immigration assured me that their turnaround time is 24hrs, and they will let us know once my application is received in their office (we called last week, and still no sign of it).

For the spreadsheet: my email confirmation from Sheffield is dated May 11, 2017.

Tomorrow marks ten weeks that I've been waiting!

Thanks so much to everyone for taking the time to contribute to this forum.

« Reply #944 on: July 19, 2017, 01:34:40 PM »
Hi Traci, welcome!  ;D

Sponsored Links