Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Contacting an MP for escalation of visa application/compassionate circumstances  (Read 5134 times)

• Liked: 6110
As I have no idea who you are thinking of, I'm wondering if it is me? :)

No, not you at all! You are very matter of fact in your delivery, even when it is bad news. It would be difficult to take your posts the wrong way.

I'm talking about Jim and Sue from the UK who want to move to Florida, she's a hairdresser and he is a garage mechanic.... The way these people are mocked for their dreams on that other forum is really sad to me.  :(

• Liked: 342
No, not you at all! You are very matter of fact in your delivery, even when it is bad news. It would be difficult to take your posts the wrong way.

Oh good, coz if it was me you would need to be more obvious ;D. I guess I give the facts how I would like to receive them. If I don't like the way they come over, then I don't post.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 05:34:50 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 111

I'm talking about Jim and Sue from the UK who want to move to Florida, she's a hairdresser and he is a garage mechanic.... The way these people are mocked for their dreams on that other forum is really sad to me.  :(

I saw that! It was really awful! I felt so bad for them!

A friend of mine, back a few years, met a lovely Welshman and they fell in love. I told her exactly where she needed to go to get information (UK Yankee, d'uh) about a fiancée visa or a spousal one. She then told me that she "didn't need" any help and proceeded to quit her job and give up her lease at her apartment and simply bought a one-way ticket to LHR. The days leading up to her move, I kept contacting her to tell her that I needed to see her. What I really wanted was to shake sense into her. She did meet with me and I brought a few printed selected screen shots of people being refused and applications to do things correctly. She called me a "dream stealer". Whatever. Words were exchanged and it wasn't pretty.

She got to LHR and they turned her right back around. She went on "another" UK immigration site and they told her TO TRY AGAIN!! Again, I saw her to tell her to simply do things correctly but she brushed me off. She got refused again at LHR.

She finally called me and asked for my help. I simply gave her this link and let her go. I found out by a mutual friend that she's single and still lives in Houston because the relationship with the man crumbled with the distance. I'm referred to as a "b****" as if it's my fault she didn't want to listen.

I want to be helpful but now, I'm wary and I don't really try to help anymore. I just link here and hope the "wise sages" show the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
I saw that! It was really awful! I felt so bad for them!

A friend of mine, back a few years, met a lovely Welshman and they fell in love. I told her exactly where she needed to go to get information (UK Yankee, d'uh) about a fiancée visa or a spousal one. She then told me that she "didn't need" any help and proceeded to quit her job and give up her lease at her apartment and simply bought a one-way ticket to LHR. The days leading up to her move, I kept contacting her to tell her that I needed to see her. What I really wanted was to shake sense into her. She did meet with me and I brought a few printed selected screen shots of people being refused and applications to do things correctly. She called me a "dream stealer". Whatever. Words were exchanged and it wasn't pretty.

She got to LHR and they turned her right back around. She went on "another" UK immigration site and they told her TO TRY AGAIN!! Again, I saw her to tell her to simply do things correctly but she brushed me off. She got refused again at LHR.

She finally called me and asked for my help. I simply gave her this link and let her go. I found out by a mutual friend that she's single and still lives in Houston because the relationship with the man crumbled with the distance. I'm referred to as a "b****" as if it's my fault she didn't want to listen.

I want to be helpful but now, I'm wary and I don't really try to help anymore. I just link here and hope the "wise sages" show the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can take a horse to water, right? 

• Liked: 210
Get ready to live in the UK. ;D Us Brits thrive on our rude and ad hominem quips towards each other, in real life or on forums We have lost a few sensitive foreign flowers on mainly Brit forums. That "be nice" mod post on here, made me LOL ;D and if you read the Brit forums then you would know why.

And swearing at each other, doesn't mean the same here as it does in the US, although sometimes it does. ;)

There's a difference, though. There's teasing people because you love them, and there's just being a jerk.

My wife tells me that she hates me sometimes. It really means: I one-upped her in a game of wits, and that's her only recourse. :D
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 342
There's a difference, though. There's teasing people because you love them, and there's just being a jerk.

My wife tells me that she hates me sometimes. It really means: I one-upped her in a game of wits, and that's her only recourse. :D

Exactly  ;D You've got it.

• Liked: 63

Spot on - and IMHO, it's easy to tell the difference.

Teasing that consistently makes someone uncomfortable is a form of bullying. My ex (yes, one of the many reasons why is is my EX) teased my daughter until she wold cry when she was small. She begged him to stop; I begged him to stop, and every time, he would say "I won't do that again"....but of course, he did. What he was teaching a small child was that her feelings didn't matter....and sad to say, it stayed with her for life.

Married December 1992 (my 'old flame' whom I first met in the mid-70s)
1st move to UK - 1993 (Letter of Consent granted at British Embassy in Washington DC)
ILR - 1994 (1 year later - no fee way back then!)
Back to US in 2000
Returned to UK July 2011 (Spousal Visa/KOL endorsement)
ILR - September 2011
Application for naturalization submitted July 2014
Approval received 15-10-14; ceremony scheduled for 10 November!
Passport arrived 25 November 2014. Finally done!

• Liked: 1892
Spot on - and IMHO, it's easy to tell the difference.

Teasing that consistently makes someone uncomfortable is a form of bullying. My ex (yes, one of the many reasons why is is my EX) teased my daughter until she wold cry when she was small. She begged him to stop; I begged him to stop, and every time, he would say "I won't do that again"....but of course, he did. What he was teaching a small child was that her feelings didn't matter....and sad to say, it stayed with her for life.

Jeez, that's horrible.  Good on you for recognising that for what it was and getting away from him.  That kind of cruelty is a serious indicator of severe mental problems and I'd be very careful allowing him around her in the future.  Or at least that's my amateur diagnosis after your short description.

Sponsored Links