Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Taking a break  (Read 3133 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Taking a break
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 12:02:45 PM »
Aww, Lyonaria, cut them (us) a little slack!  :D

People usually find us in the first place because they are doing their research and we pop up in the search results. And speaking for myself here, I'm happy to help wherever I can.

Feeling as you do, you're probably right to block the board though.  But we'll try to remember to give you a shout if anything to do with your ILR changes.  :)

• Liked: 537
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 12:27:12 PM »
Aww, Lyonaria, cut them (us) a little slack!  :D

People usually find us in the first place because they are doing their research and we pop up in the search results. And speaking for myself here, I'm happy to help wherever I can.

Feeling as you do, you're probably right to block the board though.  But we'll try to remember to give you a shout if anything to do with your ILR changes.  :)

Larrabee,

I have no issue with people coming on here saying, "I've been looking into this and I have questions."

It's the people who say, "I want THIS tell me how to get what I want."
If they put in a little effort they could find out most, if not all, of the information themselves on this forum.

I like to help people too, but I'm not willing to help someone who doesn't at least attempt to do some of the initial legwork themselves.

*grins* Giving me a shoutout won't do anything if the board is blocked. :) It literally goes away as if it didn't exist.

I wish the Visa board was broken down into Spousal & Marriage Visa, FLR, ILR & Citizenship. It would make finding things easier. When I first found this board I kept google searching because it gave me better results than the onsite search function.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 11:12:47 AM »
Thanks ladies.

It'll be weird for a bit but it'll be good.

I need to focus on getting a new job so I can get away from my current company.

Good luck with the job hunt! Enjoy your summer! Will definitely miss your input on threads!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 11:14:01 AM »
I just block the visa board, so I remain blissfully unaware of any of that stuff.
On the down-side, it does mean that when I click on 'view most recent posts' the list is often VERY short.   That's why you find me reviving old topics, trying to stir up some new posts, but it seems there are very few people interested in them.  :(  I just like a chat.

You should start new posts! I would be all over that! I feel I am annoying sometimes as I get bored at work and don't want to revive something old so just start a new topic and I imagine that must drive some people up the wall haha

Sorry guys! ::)
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 11:19:27 AM »

It's the people who say, "I want THIS tell me how to get what I want."
If they put in a little effort they could find out most, if not all, of the information themselves on this forum.

Not because of this forum or anything (was in relation to our village's Facebook page), but husband and I were asking each other if we were going crazy or if people genuinely just forgot Google existed hahah There were a bunch of people posting over the weekend "Where do I buy xyz item?" as a suggestion request thing on Facebook and we were like WHY AREN'T THESE PEOPLE USING GOOGLE?! I had to request the page stop notifying me of people posting in it because I was getting irrationally irritated by the lack of use of Google as the first go-to (or even just the search function within the page to find suggestions from less than 24 hours prior lol). I know it's totally my own problem, but that was definitely killing me and my husband.
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 585
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 12:56:32 PM »
You should start new posts! I would be all over that! I feel I am annoying sometimes as I get bored at work and don't want to revive something old so just start a new topic and I imagine that must drive some people up the wall haha

Sorry guys! ::)

Don't see why it should annoy anyone....I think the old threads are interesting!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 06:44:02 PM by Albatross »

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2017, 01:00:50 PM »
Not because of this forum or anything (was in relation to our village's Facebook page), but husband and I were asking each other if we were going crazy or if people genuinely just forgot Google existed hahah There were a bunch of people posting over the weekend "Where do I buy xyz item?" as a suggestion request thing on Facebook and we were like WHY AREN'T THESE PEOPLE USING GOOGLE?! I had to request the page stop notifying me of people posting in it because I was getting irrationally irritated by the lack of use of Google as the first go-to (or even just the search function within the page to find suggestions from less than 24 hours prior lol). I know it's totally my own problem, but that was definitely killing me and my husband.

Have you seen Let Me Google That For You? It's a bit passive-aggressive, but effective:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=where+can+I+buy+Cheetos
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2017, 01:05:05 PM »
Have you seen Let Me Google That For You? It's a bit passive-aggressive, but effective:

Hot damn! I will be using this for sure! hahahahah
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 533
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2017, 01:05:47 PM »
I've made the decision to take a break

It's rehab isn't it?
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2017, 01:51:12 PM »

BWAHAHAHAHA!

• Liked: 253
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2017, 10:29:30 PM »
Welp, I'll miss you cause you were one of the first people to interact with me on here, but I understand the break. I'm basically just trolling the boards with a shot glass of coconut rum to keep myself sane. But take care of yourself <3
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 53
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2017, 12:03:41 AM »
But but but... we just wanna be done so bad so we can be in the cool kids club.   :)

As a former worry wart and mild complainer... I love the topics that have been revived. 

• Liked: 60
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2017, 06:25:48 PM »

Back when I was doing tech support we used this ALL. THE. TIME. On our own coworkers, not on the people calling us! This was a freakin' LEVEL TWO support desk and my colleagues asked the dumbest questions. We started only ever answering this one lady with LMGTFY links and she NEVER caught on. It crushed my faith in humanity.

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2017, 07:58:27 PM »
Good luck with the job hunt! Enjoy your summer! Will definitely miss your input on threads!
I haven't completely gone away. Just blocked the visa board and check UKY a LOT less often. 🙂

Job hunt is obl y going so so. But I'm always looking an applying.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2017, 08:00:02 PM »
It's rehab isn't it?

Maybe a little bit... I am on anti-depressant now and they're helping loads!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab