Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Taking a break  (Read 3132 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: Taking a break
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2017, 08:03:05 PM »
Welp, I'll miss you cause you were one of the first people to interact with me on here, but I understand the break. I'm basically just trolling the boards with a shot glass of coconut rum to keep myself sane. But take care of yourself <3

Aw, I've not completely disappeared. I've just decided that being on UKY all the time isn't good for me and I'm on once or twice a week. Feel free to chat me up! I'm just off the visa boards.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2017, 09:26:20 PM »
I haven't completely gone away. Just blocked the visa board and check UKY a LOT less often. 🙂

Job hunt is obl y going so so. But I'm always looking an applying.

I totally appreciate what you're saying and you have to do what's right for you!

Always keep applying! :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 253
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2017, 10:26:22 PM »
Aw, I've not completely disappeared. I've just decided that being on UKY all the time isn't good for me and I'm on once or twice a week. Feel free to chat me up! I'm just off the visa boards.

I definitely will  ;D And even though I'm whiney while I'm waiting on the visa boards, I understand the need to avoid them/UKY altogether. You gotta do you.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2017, 10:35:15 PM »
I definitely will  ;D And even though I'm whiney while I'm waiting on the visa boards, I understand the need to avoid them/UKY altogether. You gotta do you.

It wasn't that long ago I was waiting just did my 2nd FLR (I was over on a marriage visa). And it's not people missing their spouses and being antsy about waiting cause we've all been there. It's a whole other topic. So don't worry about it. Haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2017, 10:38:30 PM »
Not because of this forum or anything (was in relation to our village's Facebook page), but husband and I were asking each other if we were going crazy or if people genuinely just forgot Google existed hahah There were a bunch of people posting over the weekend "Where do I buy xyz item?" as a suggestion request thing on Facebook and we were like WHY AREN'T THESE PEOPLE USING GOOGLE?! I had to request the page stop notifying me of people posting in it because I was getting irrationally irritated by the lack of use of Google as the first go-to (or even just the search function within the page to find suggestions from less than 24 hours prior lol). I know it's totally my own problem, but that was definitely killing me and my husband.
There are only a few things I have asked for input on on Facebook. Mostly suggestions on where to go in a new city. And those suggestion things have been showing up on mine too and they are so ANNOYING!

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2017, 10:39:45 PM »
Don't see why it should annoy anyone....I think the old threads are interesting!

I always love the outside topics so please! Old and new lets chat a bit!

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2017, 10:58:16 PM »
There are only a few things I have asked for input on on Facebook. Mostly suggestions on where to go in a new city. And those suggestion things have been showing up on mine too and they are so ANNOYING!

Oh don't get me wrong! I appreciate somebody saying "going to so-and-so, has anybody gone and had any things they thought were worth seeing??" And asking your friends because they will know what stuff you'll like...but going on a village page and asking strangers where you can buy fidget spinners?!? Or if there's still a travel agent on the high street? USE GOOGLE! Literally google town/village + travel agent! I can't help but get irrationally irritated! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2017, 11:34:34 PM »
It wasn't that long ago I was waiting just did my 2nd FLR (I was over on a marriage visa). And it's not people missing their spouses and being antsy about waiting cause we've all been there. It's a whole other topic. So don't worry about it. Haha.

I've been spamming mine with pictures. I'm not worried :) btw if you need funny pics or memes on the job hunt, I got you. I've got a folder on my laptop filled with them from when I was job searching all last year and the beginning on this one.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2017, 09:23:05 AM »
I've been spamming mine with pictures. I'm not worried :) btw if you need funny pics or memes on the job hunt, I got you. I've got a folder on my laptop filled with them from when I was job searching all last year and the beginning on this one.

hahahah I use to have a folder of tons of different memes so I could reply to coworkers with the right picture for each situation LOL
My, how time flies....

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2017, 05:23:13 PM »
hahahah I use to have a folder of tons of different memes so I could reply to coworkers with the right picture for each situation LOL

Yes! Same! I also have a huge storage of cute pictures to send people on Facebook when they're feeling bad lol

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab