Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HELP! New job requires FBI background check  (Read 3675 times)

• Liked: 2
HELP! New job requires FBI background check
« on: May 23, 2017, 09:51:25 PM »
Hello,

I was just offered a new job that requires an FBI background check since I do not have 5 years' residence in the UK. I have been told I can use an approved channeller to speed up the process, but I am concerned about how to get my fingerprints done. It look like my only option is to make an appointment at a special police station in London, but I don't live near London!

Has anyone else had this experience? How did you get your background check done?

• Liked: 4
Re: HELP! New job requires FBI background check
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 12:50:27 PM »
Hi there,

What did you end up doing for the FBI Identity History Summary including fingerprints?  I'm in the same situation now...

TIA!

• Liked: 25
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 11:58:47 AM »
Hi there,

What did you end up doing for the FBI Identity History Summary including fingerprints?  I'm in the same situation now...

TIA!

I was speaking with Reed or Adecco and they thought I might need this as well. I looked it up anyway in case I did. Inexpensive enough but of course a hassle: https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/criminal-records-checks/
Type of Application: Priority Settlement Spouse Visa
Online Application: 24 Feb 18 from CO
Biometrics: 27 Feb 18 in CO
Application sent: 28 Feb 18
Decision email received: 28 Mar 18 (16 BD)
Passport received: 30 Mar 18
Landed in UK: 4 Apr 18

FLR(m) 2020
Applied: 7 Sept 20
Biometrics: 16 Oct 20
Granted: 6 Nov 20

ILR-SET(m)
Applied: 8 Mar 23
Biometrics: 27 Mar 23
Granted: 28 Mar 23

Citizenship
Applied: 17 July 23
Biometrics: 04 Aug 23
Granted: 13 Nov 2023
Ceremony booked: 16 January 2024🇬🇧

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 07:04:08 AM »
Sorry - didn’t see you had replied! Here is what I’ve posted on another topic:

I can’t remember exactly what I did, but I know I applied for an FBI background check online from a private company located in America. I think I printed out their fingerprint form on card and took it to the main police station in the city where I live. I called ahead to check. They may have had a certain window I could go in, and I believe I had to pay in exact cash.

I did not fill in any online forms for the UK - I just called the closest major police station, paid in person and had them do my fingerprints. I then posted the fingerprints card along with the application form to that company in America.

I saved the receipts from both the application and the fingerprints and had the teaching agency I worked for pay me back. I chose to receive the results electronically in an email and via post. I think I may have had to have them posted to my parents in the US, as they did not ship to international addresses. I used National Background Check, Inc. Hope this helps.

• Liked: 672
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 06:09:56 PM »
We just got one done for the Daughter.  Paid 84 pounds to the local copshop to do them on paper, had to mail the paper to the FBI.  Electronic results came 24 hours after they received the prints (the application was done online and the prints sent afterwards with a coversheet with a code from them). The hardcopy arrived about a week after that. They send them first class US postal mail only, no option for expedited shipping.

• Liked: 11
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 06:42:40 PM »
The only places that can do fingerprints in England-(not sure about Scotland etc.) is Manchester and London Met. I had mine done this summer and hubby had his done last week. Pay cash-exact change only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 10
HELP! New job requires FBI background check
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 08:20:33 PM »
Hello, apologise to restart the an old thread!

Mrs LaserRadial has just got a job after a couple of months of searching which is fantastic! However she also requires an FBI check.

Can I just ask if you have gone through this process, ( @Nan D. )what ORI number you used (the form says the submission will be rejected if it is not filled in) and what type of paper you used (we’ve just printed off on standard paper) .

More paperwork but we’re getting there slowly.

Many thanks in advance for your time on this

Yours Aye

LaserRadial

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:22:45 PM by LaserRadial »

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 11:12:12 AM »
Step 2: Obtain a Set of Your Fingerprints

Your fingerprints should be placed on a standard fingerprint form (FD-258) commonly used for applicant or law enforcement purposes. The FBI will accept FD-258 fingerprint cards on standard white paper stock.

Source: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

I'd say plain copy paper is acceptable.

What is an Originating Agency Identification (ORI) Number?

A nine-character identifier assigned to an agency. Agencies must identify their ORI Number on the requisition forms in order to receive fingerprint supplies and training aids.

Source: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/fingerprints-and-other-biometrics/ordering-fingerprint-cards-and-training-aids

How is she submitting her background request?  Is she submitting it through the hiring company (an approved channeler?), or directly to the  FBI?  As an individual, she wouldn't have an ORI number.  But if she was issued the form from an approved channeler, they should have one.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 10
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 03:13:33 PM »
Dear jfkimberly,

Many thanks for your reply! She’s submitting it herself so that looks like it doesn’t need a number.

I’m sorry to ask, the form said it would be rejected if it didn’t have the ORI number so I panicked slightly, but I think your correct. Thanks for helping, the form is not very clear! I thought we had done all the forms/paperwork when she got her visa but it’s a gift that keeps on giving!

Yours aye

LaserRadial

• Liked: 672
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2020, 10:21:28 PM »
Hi. We had to submit the actual card with prints to the FBI, which entailed us paying just shy of £120 pounds - most was to pay the local copshop to do it, the other was to FedEx it to the FBI. The FBI then sent back an electronic letter, and one by surface mail. We had to have the one by surface mail to submit, as Ireland's Finest Minions wouldn't take a printout of the PDF. The form to be used is listed in the above posts. The copshop here was surprised we had to send old-fashioned rolled fingerprints (inked) but that's what we had to do at the time. The copshop said they had the ability to transmit the prints electronically to the FBI. But the FBI wouldn't accept them that way, so we had to do the inked paper.

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:45:05 PM by Nan D. »

Sponsored Links