Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions and Concerns about form VAF4A  (Read 5533 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Questions and Concerns about form VAF4A
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2017, 10:02:29 PM »
You just say because you are a US citizen.

• Liked: 94
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2017, 10:05:20 PM »
Also I'm sorry I have one more additional question this is probably a stupid question but I would just like another opinion. For part 4.21 it asks: If you children who are residents in the UK are there any issues in relation to the welfare or best interests of you children in the UK that you would like the Entry Clearance Officer to consider?
Now is it too forward if I put yes and say my children are without their mother?
My husband says we should put it cause having me there would be in my childrens best interests but I wasn't sure if it would come off the wrong way  :-\\\\
Thanks again
You have all been super helpful

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2017, 10:07:17 PM »
Also I'm sorry I have one more additional question this is probably a stupid question but I would just like another opinion. For part 4.21 it asks: If you children who are residents in the UK are there any issues in relation to the welfare or best interests of you children in the UK that you would like the Entry Clearance Officer to consider?
Now is it too forward if I put yes and say my children are without their mother?
My husband says we should put it cause having me there would be in my childrens best interests but I wasn't sure if it would come off the wrong way  :-\\\\
Thanks again
You have all been super helpful

No, it's not too forward. You should say that.

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2017, 10:15:32 PM »
In part 3 question 3.22 it asks: If your sponsor has not been employed by the same employer for 6 months prior to the application does their total income (before tax) from salaried employment received in the 12 months prior to your application meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet? Yes    or    No

Also since we are proving the financial requirement through salaried employment in the UK we don't have to complete the other part 3 sections correct?
Thank you for helping me with that quickly last thing I hope would you happen to know if I need to answer that question 3.22 for the appendix 2 form it doesn't seem to relate to us but there was no clear instruction if we were meant to skip it so I just wanna double check?
And the other question for the other part 3 sections we don't have to worry about those since we filled in category A for salaried employment?
Sorry for repeating myself were just getting what we can do now that way when we officially file in a few weeks all I have to do is complete it online.
Thanks  :)

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2017, 10:19:19 PM »
Thank you for helping me with that quickly last thing I hope would you happen to know if I need to answer that question 3.22 for the appendix 2 form it doesn't seem to relate to us but there was no clear instruction if we were meant to skip it so I just wanna double check?
And the other question for the other part 3 sections we don't have to worry about those since we filled in category A for salaried employment?
Sorry for repeating myself were just getting what we can do now that way when we officially file in a few weeks all I have to do is complete it online.
Thanks  :)

No problem!  :)  I'm going to leave the employment questions to ksand and KFdancer though.  :)

« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2017, 10:24:19 PM »
ok thanks :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2017, 10:24:42 PM »
Which financial requirement category are you applying under: A or B?

If it's Category A, you answer as follows:
3.21 - yes
3.22 - leave blank because it doesn't apply to you

If it's Category B, you answer as follows:
3.21 - no
3.22 - yes

Category A:
- with current employer for at least 6 months before applying
AND
-earning at least £18,600 for the entire 6 months

Category B:
- currently earn at least £18,600 but have not been with current employer for 6 months yet
AND
- must have earned at least £18,600 in the 12 months prior to applying.

So, if he started the job in January, he will reach 6 months sometime in July, so as long as you apply AFTER you can show 6 full months of payslips and bank statements, you will be Category A and do not need to answer 3.22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2017, 10:25:23 PM »
And yes, you leave the rest of Part 3 blank

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2017, 08:27:27 AM »
yea were applying under category A ok so we'll leave it blank and not fill in the rest of parts 3 we don't need awesome thank you so much  :)

• Liked: 26
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2017, 09:36:25 AM »
This also sounds like a silly question to me, but under section 1.12 and 1.13 the form asks for your age when you married your spouse.  Seems straightforward so I filled in our ages.

However, looking at the guidance it says to answer in MM/YY format.  I don't understand how to do that.
1.12 What age were you when you married/entered into a civil
partnership with your sponsor?
Please tell us in MM/YY format how old you were when you married/
entered into a civil partnership

« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2017, 11:48:29 AM »
This also sounds like a silly question to me, but under section 1.12 and 1.13 the form asks for your age when you married your spouse.  Seems straightforward so I filled in our ages.

However, looking at the guidance it says to answer in MM/YY format.  I don't understand how to do that.
1.12 What age were you when you married/entered into a civil
partnership with your sponsor?
Please tell us in MM/YY format how old you were when you married/
entered into a civil partnership

Literally how old you were on the day of your wedding so 25 years 8 months, for example.  :)

« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2017, 03:00:20 PM »
Literally how old you were on the day of your wedding so 25 years 8 months, for example.  :)

ah, ok - very literally!  :o  thank you Larrabee.  Could you possible also check out my sponsor letter in another thread for 'correctness'? Have had no luck getting replies and worried I either sound like a jerk or it's not quite right.

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=91035.0#new

Questions and Concerns about form VAF4A
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2017, 03:02:40 PM »
ah, ok - very literally!  :o  thank you Larrabee.  Could you possible also check out my sponsor letter in another thread for 'correctness'? Have had no luck getting replies and worried I either sound like a jerk or it's not quite right.

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=91035.0#new

Sorry - I was going to reply to your sponsor letter post but I was already in bed when you posted it and I've had to get up for work at 5:30am every day this week... I'm at work right now too, so can't look over it until later.

Nothing to do with you - just my work hours and exhaustion getting in the way this week.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 03:04:03 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2017, 03:07:48 PM »
Sorry - I was going to reply to your sponsor letter post but I was already in bed when you posted it and I've had to get up for work at 5:30am every day this week... I'm at work right now too, so can't look over it until later.

Nothing to do with you - just my work hours and exhaustion getting in the way this week.

oh thank you! makes me feel better...I can be patient as long as I know the experts can weigh in.  still dealing with the nhs bureaucracy in trying to get a bill for my scan so I can't really submit yet anyway, but in high stress mode as you can imagine!  hope you get a break on those hours and some rest this weekend!  ;)

« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2017, 06:55:13 PM »
Hey I just had a couple of quick questions we will be applying finally in about 2 weeks and I just wanted to double check a couple of things we've been thinking about. For the biometrics appointment I know I will have to schedule that after I have applied for the visa online I found an office located near me (I'm in manhattan NY) it should give me this location as an option for my appointment right? Will I have an email that I will have to take with me so that way they know what the appointment is for and if so I saw (and I am repeating myself here I just like to triple check) that someone had gone early would I just take this paper with me and get it done quick? My goal is to get this all done in a couple days since the sooner I get it sent off the sooner I will get it back. Also sorry one more question what day do you start counting from is it once you apply online, once your package arrives, or once you get the email from sheffield stating they have your application?
I would just like to also say thank you soo much to the people on here who have been helping me it has taken alot of weight off my shoulders through a very stressful experience. If it weren't for all of you I would of probably gotten a good bit of this wrong which would have delayed my return so I am very grateful to all of you for your assistance.  :)

Sponsored Links