Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa Questions  (Read 3098 times)

• Liked: 4
Re: Spouse Visa Questions
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2018, 10:25:52 PM »
Thank you amazing UK Yankee visa & citizenship experts!  My visa was shipped on Tuesday at 14:00 pacific time May 1 and I received a notification that it was received by Sheffield on Thursday May 3 at 4:45am Pacific Time. Now I just wait.

Many sincere thanks to you all!
Met British husband here in US: September 2006
First son born: November 2007
Married: September 2011
Online application submitted: April 23 2018
Hoping to move to the UK: July 2018
Biometrics appointment: May 14 2018
Biometrics actually done (walk in): April 30 2018
Shipped to Sheffield: May 1 2018
Application arrival in Sheffield email: May 3 2018
Decision made email: May 10 2018
Passport received: May 14 2018
Decision: APPROVED!!!!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2018, 06:05:45 AM »
Thank you amazing UK Yankee visa & citizenship experts!  My visa was shipped on Tuesday at 14:00 pacific time May 1 and I received a notification that it was received by Sheffield on Thursday May 3 at 4:45am Pacific Time. Now I just wait.

Many sincere thanks to you all!

Good luck!  :)

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2018, 07:39:11 PM »
Well I am about to have a mental breakdown. Totally on the verge of tears here and have to pull it together to work at my son's preschool. 

I have just gotten "the email" saying that my application is being returned.  It has been a week since it arrived in Sheffield.  I am so heart broken and more to the point freaking out about the expense this will cost us. I cannot for the life of my figure out what went wrong.  I was so careful.  The only thing I can even imagine is that the biometrics officer stamping my application rather than my biometrics appointment confirmation page  is the cause. But I couldn't have controlled that.

I'm shaking I'm so upset.  They will list in my paperwork what the/all the error(s) were correct?

This is a huge blow.

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2018, 07:50:22 PM »
Well I am about to have a mental breakdown. Totally on the verge of tears here and have to pull it together to work at my son's preschool. 

I have just gotten "the email" saying that my application is being returned.  It has been a week since it arrived in Sheffield.  I am so heart broken and more to the point freaking out about the expense this will cost us. I cannot for the life of my figure out what went wrong.  I was so careful.  The only thing I can even imagine is that the biometrics officer stamping my application rather than my biometrics appointment confirmation page  is the cause. But I couldn't have controlled that.

I'm shaking I'm so upset.  They will list in my paperwork what the/all the error(s) were correct?

This is a huge blow.

It's actually far more likely to be a successful outcome. :)  Refusals are known to take longer.  And every now and again, they bang out a few applications in a really impossibly short time frame, just to make their numbers look better!  :)
Please try not to worry, impossible I know.

• Liked: 4985
Spouse Visa Questions
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2018, 08:03:19 PM »

This is a huge blow.

Sounds like you are May's unicorn!!  I am sure an approval is zinging your way.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:05:45 PM by KFdancer »

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2018, 12:08:24 AM »
It's actually far more likely to be a successful outcome. :)  Refusals are known to take longer.  And every now and again, they bang out a few applications in a really impossibly short time frame, just to make their numbers look better!  :)
Please try not to worry, impossible I know.

Well I'll try to cry less ;)  I know you've all said that the email is the same regardless if declined or approved but my message certainly read as suggesting I was declined. Are you sure they're the same?

Here is what my email said:
"A decision has been made on your UK Visa application.  Your application will be dispatched shortly from the UK Decision Making Centre.  If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Applications submitted at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) will be returned there for you to collect in person unless you have opted for a courier return service.

You will receive a separate notification from the Visa Application Centre advising you that the decision has been received there and that your passport is ready for collection. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have received this notification.

If your visa has been issued after a successful appeal please go to the VAC 5 days after the receipt of this email to collect your passport.  The VAC will not contact you regarding this.

You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office unless you have made your application in the USA and submitted a pre-paid courier envelope for your documents to be returned directly to you.  If so you will also receive a further email with the courier tracking reference. "

Is this the standard email?

Thank you @larrabee and @kfdancer for talking me down  ;D I hope that it isn't my worst fear.

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2018, 02:52:27 AM »

Is this the standard email?

Yes, that's the bog standard, one size fits all email! Have you received the tracking email yet? Has there been any movement?

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2018, 04:11:07 AM »
Yes, that's the bog standard, one size fits all email! Have you received the tracking email yet? Has there been any movement?

Ok well I suppose that's not SO damning.  I received a tracking email 1 minute after the first email. Looks like a Monday delivery. Well this is going to be a stressful weekend. May resort to IPAs.

• Liked: 113
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2018, 04:25:47 AM »
May unicorn! Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2018, 11:56:04 PM »
I am crying while I type this and you all are the first to know (other than my 10 year old who watched me open my return package): I am APPROVED! I haven't even told me husband yet!

I was convinced I had lost $4k and tons of time. 

Thank you to @larabee, @KFdancer and @masonjohnsmum for keeping the faith when I had none.  1 week processing time!! That is only because I went total type A on my application and followed all of your advice to the T.  I am so incredibly grateful.  Thank you thank you thank you!

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2018, 03:30:42 AM »
I am crying while I type this and you all are the first to know (other than my 10 year old who watched me open my return package): I am APPROVED! I haven't even told me husband yet!

Thank you to @larabee, @KFdancer and @masonjohnsmum for keeping the faith when I had none.  1 week processing time!! That is only because I went total type A on my application and followed all of your advice to the T.  I am so incredibly grateful.  Thank you thank you thank you!

Yay!  ;D. You must be so relieved!  ;D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2018, 08:49:33 AM »

UNICORN!!!

Do you believe in yourself now?   ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab