Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: New Member Posting Policy  (Read 6856 times)

• Liked: 24
New Member Posting Policy
« on: June 03, 2017, 06:23:15 PM »
Unfortunately, due to the influx of spam for illegal documents and extremely abusive personal attacks and harassment, I've taken the decision that to protect the community and its members, there will be a new account restriction put in place. Users can create new accounts, but they will not be able to post, send PMs or edit their account with being a verified member. This affects new accounts going forward and any accounts with zero posts.

Verification is a minimum of £1.00 donation with Paypal. If it's a hardship to part with £1, I'll happily refund it on request.

Please bear with me as this was an urgent measure this evening to block ongoing harassment, the appropriate messaging will shortly be put into place.

• Liked: 537
Re: New Member Posting Policy
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 07:38:39 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that, Leah. I hope this will correct the issue going forward. No one deserves harassment.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 210
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 02:48:35 AM »
Unfortunately, due to the influx of spam for illegal documents and extremely abusive personal attacks and harassment, I've taken the decision that to protect the community and its members, there will be a new account restriction put in place. Users can create new accounts, but they will not be able to post, send PMs or edit their account with being a verified member. This affects new accounts going forward and any accounts with zero posts.

Verification is a minimum of £1.00 donation with Paypal. If it's a hardship to part with £1, I'll happily refund it on request.

Please bear with me as this was an urgent measure this evening to block ongoing harassment, the appropriate messaging will shortly be put into place.

Do what you need to do to keep this forum going. Don't let the trolls and creeps win. <3
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 154
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 09:00:36 AM »
It's a shame it's come to this. This place has been an amazing source of knowledge for my family, and an outlet for me to connect with you guys.  I cannot believe people say and do the things they do sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 424
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 10:54:34 AM »
This forum has been a god send to my wife and I, and soooo many others. I can't even imagine going forward without the help and friendship of the amazing members here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 04:37:53 AM »
wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. Thank you for all your hard work to keep this up and running!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 01:57:59 PM »
Just want to say thank you for all your hard work and tying to keep this a safe/friendly space. I know people can get quite passionate about a topic, but it's a shame when things get out of hand as this is such a lovely resource for so many people :(
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links