Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What to do about issue with neighbor and trash?  (Read 8770 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: What to do about issue with neighbor and trash?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2017, 03:52:00 PM »
Having read the additional comments after my reply above, yeahno. I wouldn't be shocked if it was intentional.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2017, 04:10:24 PM »
I hate to be wishy washy and I realise I already authorised a nuclear strike, but Eatoomey is right and always has been. 

You have little chance of winning this battle and it will ruin your home life as it escalates. 

Convince yourself it doesn't matter and never think about it again.

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 04:36:38 PM »
I know I can be quite stubborn - especially when it comes to "getting the bad guys win". I am a sucker for wanting justice to prevail. I am probably not the best person to listen to when it comes to matters like this because I would probably see a risk that things could kick off and escalate but still try to sort out what I think is right/just out of principle.

That being said, I think it's important to gauge how important this issue is to you. If it's something that is very important to you and you're willing to deal with things potentially escalating, go nuclear (and, for the millionth time, document it all). If it's something that you don't feel is big enough to warrant a rivalry over, just try to suck it up as best as you can (and kill her with kindness because I bet that would irritate the crap out of her)
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 116
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2017, 05:04:48 PM »
This issue is important to both of us because of the extreme health risk that vermin pose to our home.  And the council agrees 100%.  They are looking into it--the guy is pulling records on who owns it and then said that they can tell them to knock it off or tell the landlord to tell them to knock it off to start with.  I don't know if it will be solved by that, and I have doubts as well, but neither my husband nor I want to give up as it is completely unsanitary and unsafe. 

Think about how you would react to human feces being dumped outside your door on a daily basis. Because that is literally happening to us.  And we dealt with it by waiting to see if it got better (it didn't), and then by leaving a polite note (which enraged her).  I have no plans to be mean to her or anything, I'm nice to everyone in the building and I wouldn't just ignore her or act horrid or whatever.  But I have the council looking into it on my side so that's nice.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2017, 05:18:40 PM »
I've been all for going nuclear from day one!   ;D

I'm glad you have gone to the council, I would also report it to the police to get it on record there too.  At the very least, this is antisocial behaviour. (for which the ASBO was designed)

See if you can find out if there is a community police officer that could have a word in her ear. That might do the trick.

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2017, 05:25:12 PM »
I've been all for going nuclear from day one!   ;D

I'm glad you have gone to the council, I would also report it to the police to get it on record there too.  At the very least, this is antisocial behaviour. (for which the ASBO was designed)

See if you can find out if there is a community police officer that could have a word in her ear. That might do the trick.

LOL I know you have  ;D

I'm going to keep this in mind but I'm not sure if it's a police matter.  Especially if the council helps literally at all.

There's another detail that I'm actually not going to put here because it's speculative and circumstantial at best.  But if it turns out to be right the council will have more sway than I've given them credit for in my mind.  It's entirely my husband's theory and I don't know much about it, so that's why I'm going to withhold that. 

This whole thing just sucks.  I'm a nice neighbor.  I can put up with a lot.  But this is beyond even what I'm willing to take laying down.
Spouse Visa:

• Liked: 584
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2017, 06:26:59 PM »

'Hi,

Im a single mum off 2 its very hard to take rubbish bags down as I would have to take both kids with me!! [NB: she walks by the rubbish area every day, it is at most a 30 second walk, like if you were VERY slow]  And as for the rats [mouse, singular, and seagulls, but whatever] thats got 'NOTHING' to do with me as rats been running about before Imoved here, there coming from--downstairs ''NOT MY FAULT''

SINCERELY YOUR NEIGHBOUR!!!'

I readily admit that I don't know a lot about children (after all, I'm the one who left the 2 kids I was babysitting asleep in the house, while I took their father's car out for a 30 minute joy-ride with the explanation, when I was caught, that 'what trouble could they get into when they're asleep?!')

But... WHAT THE ACTUAL F?!?!   :o Really? She is seriously saying she can't leave her 2 brats alone in the flat for 30 seconds down and 30 seconds back to dump the rubbish?!?!?!   She's at it.   >:(

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2017, 08:29:22 PM »
I've been reading this but haven't had any solution.   But..  could you get her one of those black bins at Argos for a few quid and see if she'll put her trash in there until she's ready to take it to the actual bin?  Is there room in the hall?

I know you shouldn't have to...  but a maximum of £10 spend may keep you both happy.  Her mess and odour would be contained, you wouldn't have to smell it or look at it.

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2017, 08:44:52 PM »
I've been reading this but haven't had any solution.   But..  could you get her one of those black bins at Argos for a few quid and see if she'll put her trash in there until she's ready to take it to the actual bin?  Is there room in the hall?

I know you shouldn't have to...  but a maximum of £10 spend may keep you both happy.  Her mess and odour would be contained, you wouldn't have to smell it or look at it.

It's a good idea but there isn't room at all :( it's a narrow path.
Spouse Visa:

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2017, 09:39:59 PM »
This issue is important to both of us because of the extreme health risk that vermin pose to our home.  And the council agrees 100%.  They are looking into it--the guy is pulling records on who owns it and then said that they can tell them to knock it off or tell the landlord to tell them to knock it off to start with.  I don't know if it will be solved by that, and I have doubts as well, but neither my husband nor I want to give up as it is completely unsanitary and unsafe. 

Think about how you would react to human feces being dumped outside your door on a daily basis. Because that is literally happening to us.  And we dealt with it by waiting to see if it got better (it didn't), and then by leaving a polite note (which enraged her).  I have no plans to be mean to her or anything, I'm nice to everyone in the building and I wouldn't just ignore her or act horrid or whatever.  But I have the council looking into it on my side so that's nice.

Don't get me wrong, I would totally use the nuclear option myself. I was just saying to gauge for yourself because some people are willing to deal with the fall out while others are less able to handle it. I'd be more than happy to deal with the fallout in this case because it's disgusting, rude, and a health hazard - but again, everybody is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2017, 01:17:39 PM »
Hey Mp, any news on this?  I'm curious (nosy).

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2017, 10:34:55 PM »
Hey Mp, any news on this?  I'm curious (nosy).

Yes, it's a little better but not perfect. Council actually owns the freehold and her flat (she is council, most of us rent privately ) so I asked them for help. Env health asked housing to buy her an internal bin and reach out before harsher penalties are given (at my request). Documenting and waiting to see if I need to call them again and be like....yo it didn't work.
Spouse Visa:

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2017, 11:51:07 AM »
Sounds like a reasonably positive result.  Good for you!

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2017, 12:45:06 PM »
Sounds like a reasonably positive result.  Good for you!

Thanks.  It's a work in progress but I was extremely vindicated when I called environmental health and the guy was like 'OMG EW what is the matter with them' and said calling was the right choice.

Also the note she left...admits that it was her.  So the council is pretty firmly on my side.  I know they don't want their properties to be ruined by the residents.
Spouse Visa:

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2017, 01:03:02 PM »
Thanks.  It's a work in progress but I was extremely vindicated when I called environmental health and the guy was like 'OMG EW what is the matter with them' and said calling was the right choice.

Also the note she left...admits that it was her.  So the council is pretty firmly on my side.  I know they don't want their properties to be ruined by the residents.

Excellent!  ;D
You must feel so much better just knowing that you have them on side and the wheels are in motion.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab