Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Latest Shows You've Started?  (Read 45941 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Latest Shows You've Started?
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2017, 01:44:22 PM »
On multiple occasions last night while watching it, I was laughing out going "OMG SHE'S THE WOOOORSTTT...I LOVE IT!"

Oh, also, I love Janet.  She's the best.  I feel like she is what Data (ST:TNG) should have been.  :)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 116
« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2017, 02:28:07 PM »
I also love The Good Place!  New episode today.  I'm working late so I guess it might have to wait til tomorrow unless my husband is still up when I get home.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2017, 02:36:36 PM »
I also love The Good Place!  New episode today.  I'm working late so I guess it might have to wait til tomorrow unless my husband is still up when I get home.

As much as I love the fact that husband and I are very alike and enjoy a majority of the same shows, I also LOATHE it because I have the ability to marathon through stuff and he does not enjoy that because he wants to "make the shows last". I tell him I have WAY too many things to watch, so I don't need to make anything last longer than necessary LOL. He likes to be productive though so sitting on the sofa for a few hours marathon TV is not his idea of a good time, go figure!  ::)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2017, 03:29:14 PM »
As much as I love the fact that husband and I are very alike and enjoy a majority of the same shows, I also LOATHE it because I have the ability to marathon through stuff and he does not enjoy that because he wants to "make the shows last". I tell him I have WAY too many things to watch, so I don't need to make anything last longer than necessary LOL. He likes to be productive though so sitting on the sofa for a few hours marathon TV is not his idea of a good time, go figure!  ::)

I have a few interests that my husband does not share (sci-fi/speculative fiction, especially), and I know I can safely watch those shows or films without him.  And he is happy to binge on a weekend if we don't have any projects going at the moment--especially if it's raining.  But it's hard because of how much time I'm here without him.  He is kept busy with work during the day and visits with people who consider him a friend in the evenings (he considers them "social obligations"), and limited amenities when he's in Salisbury, so he doesn't have as much free time or access to watch things.  But I'm here all week, with nothing stopping me from watching all the episodes except the knowledge that I can't then watch it for the first time with my husband later.  That knowledge is enough, but it's still a bit of a struggle.

Oh!  Another show we're watching:  American Horror Story.  I don't know if that was mentioned.  I am loving this series ("Cult").  (Also, we somehow managed to miss all of last year's... we thought Hotel was the last one and we were all caught up, but we lost track of things during the move and missed the entire series.  So we're going to go back to watch it after this series has wrapped up.)

• Liked: 116
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2017, 03:33:04 PM »

Ahh, yeah, we watch some stuff together but there's a lot that we watch on our own.  When we watch together we tend to watch at the same pace though.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2017, 05:43:20 PM »
The only stuff my husband doesn't really enjoy watching is the dramas on BBC that everybody in the office talks about (so I watch those, when I'm interested, alone) and reality shows like RuPaul's drag race or Las Vegas Jailhouse and stuff haha. He also doesn't LOVE murder documentaries but will watch certain ones with me....all the rest (comedies/sci-fi/action/etc.) we watch together. Walking Dead is back on at the end of the month so that'll be our Monday nights.
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2017, 05:52:38 PM »
I enjoy The Good Place too :).

In the last couple of weeks, I've also binge-watched The Handmaid's Tale, which I didn't think I'd like but is very good, and This Is Us... and I cannot get enough of This Is Us. Every episode makes me emotional (I just finished season 1 on the plane today and have the first episode of season 2 ready to watch).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2017, 06:11:17 PM »

In the last couple of weeks, I've also binge-watched The Handmaid's Tale, which I didn't think I'd like but is very good, and This Is Us... and I cannot get enough of This Is Us. Every episode makes me emotional (I just finished season 1 on the plane today and have the first episode of season 2 ready to watch).

I enjoyed the novel when I read it (inasmuch as one can "enjoy" that sort of thing!), and cautiously looked forward to the series.  This was a rare case of not being disappointed!  I thought they did a great job with it.

I may have to check This Is Us out.  I've seen it on one of the streaming services... Netflix or Amazon?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2017, 06:16:52 PM »
I enjoyed the novel when I read it (inasmuch as one can "enjoy" that sort of thing!), and cautiously looked forward to the series.  This was a rare case of not being disappointed!  I thought they did a great job with it.

Yeah, I haven't read the book but I was hesitant about the series because of what I'd seen about the content... I was very pleasantly surprised :).

I may have to check This Is Us out.  I've seen it on one of the streaming services... Netflix or Amazon?

It's not on UK Netflix, but haven't checked Amazon.

Apparently it aired on Channel 4 a few months ago but I completely missed it - I ended up finding the episodes online. Season 2 will likely be on channel 4 early next year.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2017, 08:52:46 PM »

I'm literally watching the Good Place right now. Haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2017, 09:19:47 PM »
I'm so glad we're all on the same page with The Good Place hahaha
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 533
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2017, 07:55:57 AM »
We are watching the ... hrm.  I thought it was the third series, but that's not on Netflix.  We watched the first two series on Netflix.  Maybe he found a stream somewhere for the third one.

Season three (Spain) moved to Sky.

"Whattayagot?"

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 154
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2017, 08:17:00 PM »

I didn't think I'd like This is Us, but it quickly became a favourite. So many emotions in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2017, 08:23:04 PM »
Our family is completely the opposite, we eat together at the dining room table every single night.  No screens or mobile phones allowed, not even pieces of paper to show us things. 

On super special occasions when my wife is out of town, we'll eat pizza in front of the Tv.

Have you always done this?

I want to get back to it but finding it so hard! We used to eat at the table every night in our old flat. Then we moved my step daughter in full time and took the table down to make more room for her "makeshift bedroom" while we searched for a new house.

Now we have a new house, and I find it hard to sit in the kitchen lol. My husband is stricter than me. He's away this weekend, and I let my daughter and I eat in the living room, with to on as a "treat". I'm horrible! Especially since the table idea was my wish. To always eat as a family at the table because that's how I have some good childhood memories.

« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2017, 08:26:26 PM »
I just realised I'm super late to this thread was looking for ideas since my husband has left me alone (with daughter) for five nights whilst he's on  an epic stag do. I don't have stamina for that lol.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab