Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Latest Shows You've Started?  (Read 46439 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: Latest Shows You've Started?
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2018, 11:44:54 AM »
Are they?! I feel like I've had to tell all the people I knew in the US! I literally begged my sister to watch it and she was like mehh...I don't know...then watched it and LOVED it!

Finally watched it! I can definitely see now how they are leaving a season 3 open :D I am so excited!  It's soo good!

Last night we watched a movie on weird/funny names called The Strange Name Movie. I know I was suppose to learn about how to not giggle at people's names but yeah. That was excellent.

Trying to start watching Better Call Saul again as we never made it through season 2 or 3 (can't remember) but I end up just watching Friends or anime.... Oops. I keep adding things to my watch list and then never getting the time to watch them.

Maybe it's just the people I know? Haha. It's also all over Tumblr.

I am tempted to rewatch everything now. My husband isn't a fan though.

The finale was awesome! I loved Gen. Haha. She was great. I can't wait to see what happens either.

The strange name movie? What was it on? Prime? Netflix?

If you haven't watched the new version of The Tick on Prime yet, you should! There are new episodes coming out later this month!

My husband watched Better Call Saul, he did it while he was home during a flare up while I was working. I missed out. Haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2018, 03:39:08 PM »
Maybe it's just the people I know? Haha. It's also all over Tumblr.

I am tempted to rewatch everything now. My husband isn't a fan though.

The finale was awesome! I loved Gen. Haha. She was great. I can't wait to see what happens either.

The strange name movie? What was it on? Prime? Netflix?

If you haven't watched the new version of The Tick on Prime yet, you should! There are new episodes coming out later this month!

My husband watched Better Call Saul, he did it while he was home during a flare up while I was working. I missed out. Haha.

It's a new release on netflix. It's only like 50 mins or something.

I'm too afraid to watch the live action tick as I really liked the cartoon from ages ago hahaha Been avoiding it like the plague as I'm afraid I'll hate it.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 537
« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2018, 08:38:43 PM »
It's a new release on netflix. It's only like 50 mins or something.

I'm too afraid to watch the live action tick as I really liked the cartoon from ages ago hahaha Been avoiding it like the plague as I'm afraid I'll hate it.

Just re-eatched the first episode of the cartoon and it is very much like the show. The live action is a little bit different as it starts before Arthur gets the suit, but that whole thing is fun to see.

I'll have to check it out.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2018, 12:11:43 PM »
God my Netflix list is growing and I'm still not able to cut it down LOL Mainly because my husband doesn't want to marathon shows the way I do but he wants to watch the same stuff so I have to hold off hahah (Ended up watching Hell's Kitchen newer episodes because he's not too fussed about missing that and can drop in/out easily).

LOVE just started back up again and we're like 4 episodes deep in that one I think now. Also Jessica Jones is back so we're alternating between those two mainly. Also added loaddsss of new Anime (shows and movies) and we tried watching Altered Carbon but only watched one episode so far (hoping it maybe gets better/easier to watch as it goes?)
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2018, 12:48:27 PM »
I looked at Altered Carbon and dismissed it.  I don't remember why.  I vaguely feel like I decided it would be an interesting premise to base a story on, but then decided that it would get old and samey fast.  Like most dramas.  Like, it's all the same tensions between people, but this one us just set "in a world where..."

Does that make sense?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2018, 12:50:00 PM »
I looked at Altered Carbon and dismissed it.  I don't remember why.  I vaguely feel like I decided it would be an interesting premise to base a story on, but then decided that it would get old and samey fast.  Like most dramas.  Like, it's all the same tensions between people, but this one us just set "in a world where..."

Does that make sense?

Yeah, I watched one episode and I wouldn't even remotely say I'm in a rush to watch any more..
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2018, 01:01:55 PM »
I haven't tried watching Altered Carbon yet... I can't decide whether I'll like it or not.

One show I've been enjoying on Netflix this week is the sitcom One Day at a Time (a remake of the 1970s show of the same name, but with a Cuban family this time). It's funnier than I was expecting (Rita Moreno plays the grandmother and she's hilarious in it), and it tackles with a lot of real-life, current issues as well (gun crime, LBTGQ, politics, immigration etc.) :).

I also got completely sucked into Leah Remini's Scientology documentary series a few weeks ago (and I read her book afterwards as well). I didn't really know anything about scientology before, other than that it has celebrity followers and is all a bit weird, but my eyes have certainly been opened now!

« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2018, 01:05:16 PM »
Yeah, I watched one episode and I wouldn't even remotely say I'm in a rush to watch any more..

Thanks.  I'm going to trust my instincts, then, and give it a pass.  I just generally like sci fi, but not dramas that pretend to be sci fi while only using the concept as a cloak.

I also got completely sucked into Leah Remini's Scientology documentary series a few weeks ago (and I read her book afterwards as well). I didn't really know anything about scientology before, other than that it has celebrity followers and is all a bit weird, but my eyes have certainly been opened now!

Scientology is some freaky stuff.  It's amazing to know how big the whole thing got, and how obviously "cult" it is.  It's scary to think so many people can be taken in.

« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2018, 01:13:23 PM »
I haven't tried watching Altered Carbon yet... I can't decide whether I'll like it or not.

One show I've been enjoying on Netflix this week is the sitcom One Day at a Time (a remake of the 1970s show of the same name, but with a Cuban family this time). It's funnier than I was expecting (Rita Moreno plays the grandmother and she's hilarious in it), and it tackles with a lot of real-life, current issues as well (gun crime, LBTGQ, politics, immigration etc.) :).

her Scientology documentary was SO good! If you found it interesting, watch Going Clear. It's superb! I would argue it's better than Louis Theroux's but that's because it came out first and had ALLLL the info in it. Very good and very interesting!

Oh yeah, I don't usually watch these type of shows but I also watched all of This Is Us since the last time I posted in this thread haha.

Thanks.  I'm going to trust my instincts, then, and give it a pass.  I just generally like sci fi, but not dramas that pretend to be sci fi while only using the concept as a cloak.

Scientology is some freaky stuff.  It's amazing to know how big the whole thing got, and how obviously "cult" it is.  It's scary to think so many people can be taken in.

I know loads of people who like it, it's just not up my alley personally (at least not based solely on the first episode).

RE Scientology, honestly watch Going Clear (what I mentioned above)! You kind of start to understand *how* people get stuck in it etc. It's mental because from the outside it's OBVIOUSLY a scam!
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2018, 01:21:30 PM »
her Scientology documentary was SO good! If you found it interesting, watch Going Clear. It's superb! I would argue it's better than Louis Theroux's but that's because it came out first and had ALLLL the info in it. Very good and very interesting!

RE Scientology, honestly watch Going Clear (what I mentioned above)! You kind of start to understand *how* people get stuck in it etc. It's mental because from the outside it's OBVIOUSLY a scam!

Thanks for the rec... I've been meaning to watch Going Clear, I just haven't had a chance to find where I can watch online yet :). Also, I just saw that Leah's series has been renewed for a third season too.

Oh yeah, I don't usually watch these type of shows but I also watched all of This Is Us since the last time I posted in this thread haha.

Yeah, I love This Is Us... pretty much every episode makes me cry! Mandy Moore posted an Instagram story a few weeks ago, showing how they do all the ageing make-up on her... it takes hours!

« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2018, 01:22:31 PM »
Thanks for the rec... I've been meaning to watch Going Clear, I just haven't had a chance to find where I can watch online yet :). Also, I just saw that Leah's series has been renewed for a third season too.

Yeah, I love This Is Us... pretty much every episode makes me cry! Mandy Moore posted an Instagram story a few weeks ago, showing how they do all the ageing make-up on her... it takes hours!

haha I am not normally a crier but that show is a roller coaster of emotions,man!
My, how time flies....

« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2018, 01:25:07 PM »

I was impressed by Louis Theroux's Scientology documentary.  He's just so honest.  He's completely non-confrontational, but at the same time, he gets through all the BS and just lays it all out there.  And he does it without judgement.  His style is amazing.

I saw Going Clear!  I think that one was the one that showed me Scientolify wasn't a harmless money sink for people with more money than sense, but an actually dangerous cult.

I'll have to check out this series on Netflix.  As a phenomenon, Scientology fascinates (and scares) me.

Okay, that's two for This Is Us.  I'll check it out!

« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2018, 01:30:06 PM »
I was impressed by Louis Theroux's Scientology documentary.  He's just so honest.  He's completely non-confrontational, but at the same time, he gets through all the BS and just lays it all out there.  And he does it without judgement.  His style is amazing.

I saw Going Clear!  I think that one was the one that showed me Scientolify wasn't a harmless money sink for people with more money than sense, but an actually dangerous cult.

I'll have to check out this series on Netflix.  As a phenomenon, Scientology fascinates (and scares) me.

Okay, that's two for This Is Us.  I'll check it out!

I don't think Leah Remini's show is on Netflix unfortunately :(
My, how time flies....

« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2018, 01:32:32 PM »
I don't think Leah Remini's show is on Netflix unfortunately :(

Oh.  Is it on any streaming service?  Amazon Prime?  Or is it one of those things you have to "find"?

« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2018, 01:38:12 PM »
Oh.  Is it on any streaming service?  Amazon Prime?  Or is it one of those things you have to "find"?

Not sure. In the US it was on one of the pay movie channels. Can't remember if it was HBO or Starz or Shotime or something..
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links