Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Latest Shows You've Started?  (Read 46581 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Latest Shows You've Started?
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2017, 10:34:50 AM »
Just started (and finished) GLOW on Netflix. Also finished the latest episode of Handmaid's Tale available (episode 4) - it just keeps getting better!!

Been suggested that I watch the actual documentary about the real GLOW but I'm not sure if it's on UK Netflix (so it's not something I can watch in bed as the we can only set the VPN for use in the lounge on our PC).

Husband's turn to be up at the hospital with my MIL tonight so I'm home alone and will need to find something new to watch without him haha so we'll see what I pick tonight!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 57
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2017, 01:36:36 PM »
Just started (and finished) GLOW on Netflix. Also finished the latest episode of Handmaid's Tale available (episode 4) - it just keeps getting better!!

Been suggested that I watch the actual documentary about the real GLOW but I'm not sure if it's on UK Netflix (so it's not something I can watch in bed as the we can only set the VPN for use in the lounge on our PC).

Husband's turn to be up at the hospital with my MIL tonight so I'm home alone and will need to find something new to watch without him haha so we'll see what I pick tonight!

I'm going to watch GLOW as soon as I'm done with OITNB. The only problem with OITNB is that every ep is an hour...after 22 and 42 min episodes, an hour seems really long, haha! I discovered a 30 min BBC thing on 70s music last night which led me to an hour long ABBA special, as well. It's in amongst all the Glastonbury stuff!
Met at Disneyland Paris: spring 1995
Dated long distance: off & on 2008-2014
Our twin boys were born: Sep 2009
Engaged: Oct 10 2014
Married: December 5 2014
Online Application & paid PRIORITY Submitted: Dec 22 2014
Visa Received: Jan 14 2015
Arrived in the UK: Feb 28 2015
FLR(M) application mailed: Sep 12 2017
FLR(M) approved: Oct 27
SET(M) application submitted: Feb 4 2020 (super priority)
SET(M) appointment: Mar 9
SET(M) approved: Mar 10
Naturalisation app submitted: Jun 19
No biometrics needed email: July 23

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2017, 02:46:01 PM »
I'm going to watch GLOW as soon as I'm done with OITNB. The only problem with OITNB is that every ep is an hour...after 22 and 42 min episodes, an hour seems really long, haha! I discovered a 30 min BBC thing on 70s music last night which led me to an hour long ABBA special, as well. It's in amongst all the Glastonbury stuff!

hah we only have one episode of Orange left! We watch them while we eat dinner (on the sofa in our lounge with a coffee table as a dining table - because we are proper adults) so we can usually fit one hour-long episode of something a night. I also watch TV once I get into bed but usually stick with things like GLOW that are a half hour long so that way I don't feel I have to stay awake to watch something longer than my body wants to lol
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 57
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2017, 03:01:22 PM »
hah we only have one episode of Orange left! We watch them while we eat dinner (on the sofa in our lounge with a coffee table as a dining table - because we are proper adults) so we can usually fit one hour-long episode of something a night. I also watch TV once I get into bed but usually stick with things like GLOW that are a half hour long so that way I don't feel I have to stay awake to watch something longer than my body wants to lol

Ahhh, lucky you! We have young kids, so we have to eat at a proper table now and can't watch "mature" shows until they are in bed. I don't mind language normally, but OITNB has too much violence to try to explain to 7 year olds! I think we just finished ep 6 last night.
Met at Disneyland Paris: spring 1995
Dated long distance: off & on 2008-2014
Our twin boys were born: Sep 2009
Engaged: Oct 10 2014
Married: December 5 2014
Online Application & paid PRIORITY Submitted: Dec 22 2014
Visa Received: Jan 14 2015
Arrived in the UK: Feb 28 2015
FLR(M) application mailed: Sep 12 2017
FLR(M) approved: Oct 27
SET(M) application submitted: Feb 4 2020 (super priority)
SET(M) appointment: Mar 9
SET(M) approved: Mar 10
Naturalisation app submitted: Jun 19
No biometrics needed email: July 23

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 03:23:14 PM »
Ahhh, lucky you! We have young kids, so we have to eat at a proper table now and can't watch "mature" shows until they are in bed. I don't mind language normally, but OITNB has too much violence to try to explain to 7 year olds! I think we just finished ep 6 last night.

haha i mean...yeah.....probably not a great "adult" show to even try to play with kids around LOL it's not just violent but it's pretty graphic sexually as well LOL
My, how time flies....

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 08:22:34 PM »
Let me know how you like it once you have a chance.  I'm a big fan of press freedom. 

The last show I watched on Netflix was sense8, recommended by HMS Seahorse.  I liked the idea but I just can't commit to watching anything.  Once the kids are done messing me around, I've only got 20 minutes until the news at 10.  All you can do then is watch the last 20 minutes of "Can't pay, we'll take it away "

Just watched the doc, Jim. It's okay. Had interesting parts but it ended up becoming more background than anything. I wanted it to cover more about what is happening with the media and the government's relationship with the media but they didn't really do that until the end so there wasn't as much of that as I had hoped/wanted, but it was still worth the watch if you're interested in the topic.
My, how time flies....

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2017, 08:50:24 PM »
Wanted to watch the new Twin Peaks while my husband is out and thought it was on Amazon Prime....It wasn't :(

Watching the first episode of Mozart In The Jungle instead as my sister has raved about it so much and I'm not sure my husband would be into it so seizing the moment. Wasn't expecting Bernadette Peters!
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2017, 09:20:52 PM »
Wasn't expecting Bernadette Peters!

Love her!  :D

• Liked: 585
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2017, 07:57:06 AM »
We watch them while we eat dinner (on the sofa in our lounge with a coffee table as a dining table - because we are proper adults)

Even though we have a dining table & chairs, we still eat on the sofa... with the plates balanced on the arm of the sofa.  It's ridiculous.  The dining table is always piled high with honey-baby's work stuff.... drives me mental.  He's in Dusseldorf this weekend, and I am going to reclaim that table while he's away!  >:D

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2017, 09:19:11 AM »
Even though we have a dining table & chairs, we still eat on the sofa... with the plates balanced on the arm of the sofa.  It's ridiculous.  The dining table is always piled high with honey-baby's work stuff.... drives me mental.  He's in Dusseldorf this weekend, and I am going to reclaim that table while he's away!  >:D

LOL we have a dining table and chairs as well! And we don't have an issue having things to talk about by any means, but we just prefer to bond over watching an episode of our shared favourite TV shows. We bought a sofa where the center seat pulls down and it has two cup holders so we use that if we aren't balancing plates on pillows on our laps hahaha We sound like super slobs I'm sure, but I promise we're not. We don't have kids or anything so we don't feel restricted to a table. We eat pretty much right when we get home so TV is a good way for us both to unwind. Out dining table has all his tools piled on it from all the DIY jobs. He keeps complaining that we need to tidy the house but I keep reminding him that every time I clear off the dining table he just stacks it back up.
My, how time flies....

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2017, 09:30:13 AM »
Nothing wrong with eating where you're comfy! :D

I can't remember the last time I ate at a table   ...wouldn't have been at home, that's for sure!  ;D

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2017, 10:31:29 AM »
Just watched the doc, Jim. It's okay. Had interesting parts but it ended up becoming more background than anything. I wanted it to cover more about what is happening with the media and the government's relationship with the media but they didn't really do that until the end so there wasn't as much of that as I had hoped/wanted, but it was still worth the watch if you're interested in the topic.

Thanks for taking the hit, I'm going to skip it. 

I am looking forward to watching that Netflix blockbuster about the girl who falls in love with a genetically engineered animal destined for the slaughterhouse.  I think my all around favourite author Jon Ronson worked on it.

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2017, 10:52:43 AM »
Our family is completely the opposite, we eat together at the dining room table every single night.  No screens or mobile phones allowed, not even pieces of paper to show us things. 

On super special occasions when my wife is out of town, we'll eat pizza in front of the Tv.

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2017, 11:11:35 AM »
Our family is completely the opposite, we eat together at the dining room table every single night.  No screens or mobile phones allowed, not even pieces of paper to show us things.   

On super special occasions when my wife is out of town, we'll eat pizza in front of the Tv.

The French are so civilized!   :)

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2017, 11:25:38 AM »
You are not joking!   Dinner with the in laws is a multi-hour, multi course event.  They literally have a cheese course that is separate from the salad course. 

I don't mind for the most part but it doesn't leave much time for watching TV.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab