Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Latest Shows You've Started?  (Read 45955 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Latest Shows You've Started?
« Reply #555 on: March 03, 2019, 04:36:31 PM »
Yea I was actually surprised that it seemed like everything they said in the show actually happened. I thought the documentary was more interesting than the show.

if you liked the documentary, listen to the podcast! it's the same info really (arguably maybe not assss much as the documentary), but it's good to have on in the background.

Agree, was also surprised that it appeared to be fairly accurate.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #556 on: March 03, 2019, 04:47:31 PM »
Yes we started watching it tonight. It's really good (at least on first impressions). Based on Gerard Way's comic from a good few years ago and it's really a hard one to turn into a series I think so I think they've been doing a good job from what I've seen so far.

I just watched the first episode - I don’t know anything about the comics, but I’m enjoying it so far.

Loved all the classical music in the episode :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #557 on: March 28, 2019, 09:47:30 AM »
Finished Umbrella Academy some time ago now - Loved it.

Finished Titans over the weekend - Really enjoyed it (wouldn't go as far as to say loved it but it was better than average and DC hadn't previously been making amazing shows until more recently).

Finished Love, Death, and Robots - SO good (though there's a lot of animated nudity...more so than expected hah). Highly recommend it. They are each about 10 - 15 minute long shorts created by different animators and they are all different styles of animation (some far more cartoon-y and others are more realistic). Very sci-fi in theme (as you'd probably expect by the title). Don't watch it if you're easily weirded out (some are creepier than others) or not a fan of explicit content (there's lots of nudity/sex and bad language), but if those things don't bother you and you like animated shorts, definitely give it a go because we REALLY enjoyed this series - even more so than we thought!

Currently watching RuPaul's Drag Race (new season they are releasing every Friday so I can't binge watch! hahaha but we also get a bonus "behind the scenes" type show in tandem). Also currently watching new Idris Elba Netflix series called Turn Up Charlie about a washed up DJ who is also, obviously, super sexy (not relevant to the plot of the show but was nice bonus for me :) ). It's gotten a few laughs so far but we're only 1.5 episodes in so not sure if the shine will wear off.

They're also putting a lot of standup specials on netflix within the last month or so and I'm LOVING it.
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #558 on: March 28, 2019, 10:17:28 AM »
I had higher hopes for Turn up Charlie, it seemed so cliche. I watched for the soundtrack more than anything, that old 2-steppy sound is something I love. And Idris of course. But meh...

I am adoring the new drag race season! And Yvie Oddly has my genetic condition so it was nice they mentioned it and adapted things.

I've also been watching Pose on iplayer. Really enjoying it so far.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #559 on: March 28, 2019, 10:38:38 AM »
I had higher hopes for Turn up Charlie, it seemed so cliche. I watched for the soundtrack more than anything, that old 2-steppy sound is something I love. And Idris of course. But meh...

I am adoring the new drag race season! And Yvie Oddly has my genetic condition so it was nice they mentioned it and adapted things.

I've also been watching Pose on iplayer. Really enjoying it so far.

If Vanjie doesn't win, my SIL and I might just riot! hahah

I'm probably enjoying Turn Up Charlie more because I don't come from that world at all so I didn't go into it with any expectations in that sense - if that makes sense?
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 957
« Reply #560 on: March 28, 2019, 10:52:12 AM »
Turn up Charlie just rehashes the tired tropes about raving and festivals, excessive drug use (around kids) and things like that. It's amusing I guess, but I was hoping it might be more than the clichés of the culture.

I was rooting for Yvie before the hEDS announcement cuz her look is amazing and unique, so she's got my vote. But it's all just good fun.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #561 on: April 02, 2019, 12:54:00 AM »
I got into Umbrella Academy and then stopped watching it I think I maybe binged too much of it ...right now I'm trying to get the Mrs caught up with Game of Thrones before the new season begins.

« Reply #562 on: April 02, 2019, 08:53:01 PM »
Just watched the film I Feel Pretty and I must say...I'm not really a fan of Amy Schumer but I genuinely enjoyed the film and the message it delivered.
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 768
« Reply #563 on: April 02, 2019, 08:56:34 PM »
Just watched the film I Feel Pretty and I must say...I'm not really a fan of Amy Schumer but I genuinely enjoyed the film and the message it delivered.
I really liked it too!

And absolutely loved Love, Death + Robots.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #564 on: April 02, 2019, 09:04:46 PM »
I really liked it too!

Oh man! You should've seen my scrambling to the windows during broad daylight on a weekend when the history simulator one came on hahaha
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 537
« Reply #565 on: April 02, 2019, 10:01:40 PM »
I really liked it too!

Totally agree that love death and robots was awesome!! I binged it one night and finished the next morning. I adored the one about the fox woman, I know in Japan it's a kitsune...
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #566 on: April 02, 2019, 10:09:05 PM »
Totally agree that love death and robots was awesome!! I binged it one night and finished the next morning. I adored the one about the fox woman, I know in Japan it's a kitsune...

Yeah that one was really good! My favourite though was probably the one with the 3 robots travelling to earth after the apocalypse. They were all very good though!
My, how time flies....

« Reply #567 on: April 02, 2019, 10:09:37 PM »
Finished Umbrella Academy some time ago now - Loved it.

Finished Titans over the weekend - Really enjoyed it (wouldn't go as far as to say loved it but it was better than average and DC hadn't previously been making amazing shows until more recently).

Finished Love, Death, and Robots - SO good (though there's a lot of animated nudity...more so than expected hah). Highly recommend it. They are each about 10 - 15 minute long shorts created by different animators and they are all different styles of animation (some far more cartoon-y and others are more realistic). Very sci-fi in theme (as you'd probably expect by the title). Don't watch it if you're easily weirded out (some are creepier than others) or not a fan of explicit content (there's lots of nudity/sex and bad language), but if those things don't bother you and you like animated shorts, definitely give it a go because we REALLY enjoyed this series - even more so than we thought!

Currently watching RuPaul's Drag Race (new season they are releasing every Friday so I can't binge watch! hahaha but we also get a bonus "behind the scenes" type show in tandem). Also currently watching new Idris Elba Netflix series called Turn Up Charlie about a washed up DJ who is also, obviously, super sexy (not relevant to the plot of the show but was nice bonus for me :) ). It's gotten a few laughs so far but we're only 1.5 episodes in so not sure if the shine will wear off.

They're also putting a lot of standup specials on netflix within the last month or so and I'm LOVING it.
I really liked it too!

Wow... We've watched a lot of the same shows lately! I just haven't watched the Idris Elba one or a ton of the stand-up. But Drag Race, Titans, Love sex and robots, Umbrella Academy...

Love sex and robots was awesome. I should watch them again as I don't feel I have them the full concentration they deserved.

I've started to re-watch Supernatural as it's a good mindless knitting show since I've seen them all... But it doesn't always entertain me enough.

I can not wait for Good Omens next month and for Game of Thrones.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #568 on: April 02, 2019, 10:11:10 PM »
Yeah that one was really good! My favourite though was probably the one with the 3 robots travelling to earth after the apocalypse. They were all very good though!
That one made me laugh they were so funny weren't they! I loved the ending too. Haha.

And the one in the junkyard?

• Liked: 768
« Reply #569 on: April 02, 2019, 10:13:43 PM »
I was rolling at the Ohio one. My family is from Ohio, my ex is from Ohio, I lived in Ohio... and I make homemade yogurt.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab