Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Latest Shows You've Started?  (Read 46816 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Latest Shows You've Started?
« Reply #690 on: February 11, 2020, 02:48:01 PM »
I know this thread is about shows you've started, but... I just finished the final final episode of The Good Place... Oh my gawd, I'm sad and kinda happy at the same time.  That show is/was so good!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1893
« Reply #691 on: February 12, 2020, 03:36:12 PM »
I know this thread is about shows you've started, but... I just finished the final final episode of The Good Place... Oh my gawd, I'm sad and kinda happy at the same time.  That show is/was so good!

SPOILER ALERT  !

They all killed themselves, one after another.  Like some Jim Jones cult. 

• Liked: 585
« Reply #692 on: April 09, 2020, 01:39:35 PM »
The Nest on BBC1 !!!!

« Reply #693 on: April 30, 2020, 02:19:44 PM »
Started and finished same day - Unorthodox on Netflix.  About a girl escaping from the Hasidic Jew community.  It was really good, and made me want to learn more about this culture.

« Reply #694 on: April 30, 2020, 02:35:18 PM »
Started and finished same day - Unorthodox on Netflix.  About a girl escaping from the Hasidic Jew community.  It was really good, and made me want to learn more about this culture.
  That sounds interesting.  How many episodes is it?  I'm amazed that Jared Kushner is practically the President and is very close to those beliefs. 

« Reply #695 on: April 30, 2020, 02:39:36 PM »
By the way, I signed up for the free trial of Amazon Prime just for Picard but my wife put the nix on it after the fourth show when the guy had his eyeball removed.  I didn't feel as strongly as she did about it but will back her up.  So Prime gets cancelled, which is fine becuase it mostly sucks anyway.  It never seemed available for the stuff I wanted to buy and I don't watch that much TV.  And the kids don't need more TV. 

We will certainly be watching the next season of Discovery though. 

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #696 on: April 30, 2020, 02:40:59 PM »
Watch One Of Us on Netflix. Realllllyyy interesting snd eye opening.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #697 on: April 30, 2020, 02:41:04 PM »
Anyone watching Noughts and Crosses?  I can't remember if I said this already but one of the main actors came to our house for lunch one day.  Patterson Joseph. 

• Liked: 537
« Reply #698 on: April 30, 2020, 02:47:49 PM »
It was soo good! I really enjoyed it. There's a 'making of' show on it too. I haven't watched it yet though.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #699 on: April 30, 2020, 02:48:22 PM »
Anyone watching Noughts and Crosses?  I can't remember if I said this already but one of the main actors came to our house for lunch one day.  Patterson Joseph.
I can't remember where it is! Is it on BBC iPlayer?

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #700 on: April 30, 2020, 02:49:34 PM »
By the way, I signed up for the free trial of Amazon Prime just for Picard but my wife put the nix on it after the fourth show when the guy had his eyeball removed.  I didn't feel as strongly as she did about it but will back her up.  So Prime gets cancelled, which is fine becuase it mostly sucks anyway.  It never seemed available for the stuff I wanted to buy and I don't watch that much TV.  And the kids don't need more TV. 

We will certainly be watching the next season of Discovery though.
We watched all of Picard, it had promise and an interesting premise but it sadly didn't deliver.  Really disappointed by a lot of details and the ending.

« Reply #701 on: April 30, 2020, 02:50:55 PM »
It was so good, wasn't it? I love that show. I started rewatching it the other day

« Reply #702 on: April 30, 2020, 03:19:48 PM »
It was soo good! I really enjoyed it. There's a 'making of' show on it too. I haven't watched it yet though.

ooh, thanks... I didn't know about this!

« Reply #703 on: April 30, 2020, 03:21:54 PM »
  That sounds interesting.  How many episodes is it?  I'm amazed that Jared Kushner is practically the President and is very close to those beliefs.

I think it was 4 episodes.

« Reply #704 on: April 30, 2020, 03:25:07 PM »
ooh, thanks... I didn't know about this!
It showed up in my feed after I watched it.

I hope you enjoy it.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab