Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Taking out Travelers insurance during my Fiancee Visa until I am able to get NHS  (Read 1277 times)

• Liked: 49
Hi Folks! This subject may have been touched on before yet it is to my understanding that when you have your Fiancee Visa during the 6 months is is highly recommended to purchase travelers insurance for medical expenses.  I have several conditions that must be attended to that I get regular treatment for in the US. Does anyone know what company is the best or appropriate for this time frame?

We are getting ready to apply in July with a goal to be there by October. Should I wait for an acceptance on my visa then apply? ( I am applying from the US to marry and live with my fiancee in Scotland)

What should I provide to my new GP of the medicines I use or anything from my DR as well.

Thank you for your kind responses! Everyone has been so helpful on this site!

• Liked: 3595
Hi Folks! This subject may have been touched on before yet it is to my understanding that when you have your Fiancee Visa during the 6 months is is highly recommended to purchase travelers insurance for medical expenses. 

Not just highly recommended, but essential.

If you do not have health/travel insurance and you need medical treatment, you will be charged 150% of the cost of treatment instead of 100%.

I have several conditions that must be attended to that I get regular treatment for in the US. Does anyone know what company is the best or appropriate for this time frame?

Not sure of US companies as I'm British, but hopefully someone else can help out :).

We are getting ready to apply in July with a goal to be there by October. Should I wait for an acceptance on my visa then apply? ( I am applying from the US to marry and live with my fiancee in Scotland)

Not sure - it seems silly to purchase it now in case you end up not getting the visa or being delayed.

What should I provide to my new GP of the medicines I use or anything from my DR as well.

I would get a copy of your medical records to bring to the UK with you to show the new GP.

Also, get your US GP to fill your prescriptions for as long as possible before you leave... so that you have some time to sort out a UK GP before you need to get new prescriptions.

• Liked: 49
Thank you!x

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Liked: 676
Beware of pre-existing conditions. It's illegal in the USA to charge more for a policy because of them, but in the UK they can charge more, refuse to cover, or refuse to cover the conditions.  A UK policy might be cheaper, but if you need cover for those pre-existings, you will probably want a USA policy.

Good luck!

Sponsored Links