Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Chopped my hair off...  (Read 6338 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: Chopped my hair off...
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2017, 10:07:15 PM »
I love it on you!  This style literally looks perfect on you!

Aw, thanks! I love it at that length. I just haven't found anyone who can help me keep it there and looking nice. So I've been growing it.

It is absolutely not sad and pathetic! It looks really nice as well! You can clearly pull off all different lengths of hair! That's a skill! :)

Happy anniversary!!

If I remember correctly, your husband had broken his foot not too long ago right?? If I *am* remembering correctly, how's he doing now??

It's better than it was a few weeks/month and a half ago. Haha. It badly needs some sort of shape. I haven't had it cut in about 9 months.

It's been a lovely three years with him. 😍

He's still healing. It's been almost 6 months and it's still not healed. I'm making him go to the doctor next week. It is better though.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2017, 10:08:34 PM »
Both great pics Lyonaria!  :)

Thankee, kindly! I should wear make up more often. Haha. I always feel a bit better about myself when i do.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2017, 10:11:39 PM »
Aw, thanks! I love it at that length. I just haven't found anyone who can help me keep it there and looking nice. So I've been growing it.

It's better than it was a few weeks/month and a half ago. Haha. It badly needs some sort of shape. I haven't had it cut in about 9 months.

It's been a lovely three years with him. 😍

He's still healing. It's been almost 6 months and it's still not healed. I'm making him go to the doctor next week. It is better though.

I know what you mean by needing a shape. My bangs grow like weeds and I end up waiting FAR too long to get them cut and re-shaped because nobody seems to be able to get them perfect to the way I'd have them in the US!

Glad to hear that he's on the mend even if it's not totally healed (definitely see the doctor!!) as you needed to catch a break!

Any fun anniversary plans?!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 253
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2017, 10:15:21 PM »
lyonaria! Your cheeks are amazing! Weird compliment but omg. The length makes your cheeks pop.

Nothing too exciting yet besides a bit of writing for online and being an editorial assistant. I'm a trained journalist and had literally graduated with my MA one day before my visa fiasco went down. Waiting to get back in the saddle ;D But I was at one office helping an editor, and she went on holiday and sent an email around saying "just look for my assistant, the one with the awesome hair".
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2017, 10:16:45 PM »
Reading over that. My compliment sounds vaguely creepy... I have very little social interaction these days  ::)
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2017, 10:17:52 PM »
lyonaria! Your cheeks are amazing! Weird compliment but omg. The length makes your cheeks pop.

Nothing too exciting yet besides a bit of writing for online and being an editorial assistant. I'm a trained journalist and had literally graduated with my MA one day before my visa fiasco went down. Waiting to get back in the saddle ;D But I was at one office helping an editor, and she went on holiday and sent an email around saying "just look for my assistant, the one with the awesome hair".

I went to school for Print Journalism! I never went anywhere with it though so well done to you!! :D
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2017, 10:24:54 PM »
I went to school for Print Journalism! I never went anywhere with it though so well done to you!! :D

Small world, I did the same! Sort of wishing I did broadcast cause I'd have more job options but hindsight :D lol

« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2017, 10:30:09 PM »
I know what you mean by needing a shape. My bangs grow like weeds and I end up waiting FAR too long to get them cut and re-shaped because nobody seems to be able to get them perfect to the way I'd have them in the US!

Glad to hear that he's on the mend even if it's not totally healed (definitely see the doctor!!) as you needed to catch a break!

Any fun anniversary plans?!

Right? My stylist back in the states just totally got my hair. I miss her. It's a bit expensive to fly back for a haircut... Haha. My hair grows really quick too especially during summer!

I'm glad too. He's such a sweetheart. He deserves a break.

Nope, no plans. Still a bit skint from the last visa and we've got the two dogs so we're just having a quiet one at home. Going out for dinner next week though!

« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2017, 10:34:46 PM »

The short hair? Yeah. That's why I loved it. My eyes look huge and I've got cheekbones. Haha. I don't have contacts anymore though.

And any sincere compliment is lovely. 😁

« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2017, 10:37:19 PM »

No wonder I like you guys... your Mass Communications people! I did Mass Comm: public relations and advertising which covered a large chunk of journalism, some broadcast, advertising and of course PR.

• Liked: 958
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2017, 10:55:18 PM »
No wonder I like you guys... your Mass Communications people! I did Mass Comm: public relations and advertising which covered a large chunk of journalism, some broadcast, advertising and of course PR.
I feel like many of us ended up in similar fields - I'm kinda between what jimbocz and kfdancer do, data and analytics/business intelligence for me with a love of SQL (but I have no degree)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 111
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2017, 01:46:48 AM »
I was also shamed to get my hair cut after reading this topic. I last had my hair cut in a pixie style back in December 2016. I did it because I decided to stop coloring my hair and accept that I no longer have black hair but white. I finally got it long enough to get a cute hairstyle and went to get it done today.

I'm going to have to get another pixie cut because the hairstylist has completely butchered my hair. I'm shocked at just how awful it looks. It's going to get corrected by the owner of the salon tomorrow but I'm so unhappy. I know it's only hair and it will grow back but I've waited so many months to end up with the same hairstyle.

Grrr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2017, 04:23:36 AM »

w00t!

Communication is a very under-appreciated skill set especially where I am in the USA. My local news station can't even do bullet points correctly. It's painful...

• Liked: 958
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2017, 06:12:41 AM »
w00t!

Communication is a very under-appreciated skill set especially where I am in the USA. My local news station can't even do bullet points correctly. It's painful...
As a former copy editor of a college newspaper that makes me sad.   :-\\\\  I'm no longer a grammar nazi, but the basic stuff still drives me batty!

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2017, 06:27:37 AM »
w00t!

The three local stations in my Colorado home town were bad. My mom and I would sit and make fun of them. Haha. We never watched local news for how bad they were.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab