Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Permanent PRIORITY SPOUSE VISA timeline, questions and log.  (Read 207258 times)

• Liked: 404
Re: Permanent PRIORITY SPOUSE VISA timeline, questions and log.
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2017, 05:08:44 AM »
This was my email on Thursday reading this:

Did anyone have one similar and was approved?

Vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Subject : VAF xxxxx

Dear MY FULL name,

Regarding Visa Application:  GWFXXXXXXXXX   
For: MY FULL NAME

A decision has been made on your UK Visa application.  Your application will be dispatched shortly from the Decision Making Centre in Sheffield, UK.  If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Applications submitted at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) will be returned there for you to collect in person unless you have opted for a courier return service.

You will receive a separate notification from the Visa Application Centre advising you that the decision has been received there and that your passport is ready for collection. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have received this notification.

If your visa has been issued after a successful appeal please go to the VAC 5 days after the receipt of this email to collect your passport.  The VAC will not contact you regarding this.

You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office unless you have made your application in the USA and submitted a pre-paid courier envelope for your documents to be returned directly to you.  If so you will also receive a further email with the courier tracking reference.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

***********************************************************************************
Visit http://www.gov.uk/fco  for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
***********************************************************************************

That's what I would expect a regular Decision email to look like although ksand24, kfdancer or larrabee will be able to confirm for sure.
There's no reason to think it's negative.  I'm certain that's good news.
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

• Liked: 325
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2017, 06:44:29 AM »
This was my email on Thursday reading this:

Did anyone have one similar and was approved?

Vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Subject : VAF xxxxx

Dear MY FULL name,

Regarding Visa Application:  GWFXXXXXXXXX   

A decision has been made on your UK Visa application.  Your application will be dispatched shortly from the Decision Making Centre in Sheffield, UK.  If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Applications submitted at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) will be returned there for you to collect in person unless you have opted for a courier return service.

You will receive a separate notification from the Visa Application Centre advising you that the decision has been received there and that your passport is ready for collection. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have received this notification.

If your visa has been issued after a successful appeal please go to the VAC 5 days after the receipt of this email to collect your passport.  The VAC will not contact you regarding this.

You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office unless you have made your application in the USA and submitted a pre-paid courier envelope for your documents to be returned directly to you.  If so you will also receive a further email with the courier tracking reference.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Visit http://www.gov.uk/fco  for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.

Yep.  That's the decision email. You will get another that says your documents have shipped.

The decision email is worded exactly the same whether it's an approval or a refusal.  Trust me on that, I got it twice.  Odds are good it's an approval, but you won't know for sure until delivery.  It is the UKVI's way of stressing you out one last time.

• Liked: 11
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2017, 06:50:54 AM »
What additional docs did they request?
One was a letter from the 401k retirement plan in the states to say he can access the funds immediately. So ok.... that I can understand.... but the letter only arrived yesterday (8th) and theyve given us a deadline of the 17th! Letter was dated the 3rd too!

They also requested my husbands employment payslips, bank account showing employment income and letter from employer. For dec 2015 to dec 2016. We didnt apply under employment category so i dont understand why they are asking for this unless they want to know where the source of the 401k came from? But im sure they wpuld have stated that in the letter and to ask for that time period is weird.

Im stressing very much because now i have to deal with phoning them up and I know all to well how well that goes.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 49
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2017, 06:55:59 AM »
Yep.  That's the decision email. You will get another that says your documents have shipped.

The decision email is worded exactly the same whether it's an approval or a refusal.  Trust me on that, I got it twice.  Odds are good it's an approval, but you won't know for sure until delivery.  It is the UKVI's way of stressing you out one last time.

Hi, I did within 3 min later. Same subject line -VAF 5digit number,  dear xxxxx, here is your tracking Blah blah blah, and kind regards, Sheffield.

Have not received a IHS refund yet, so looks good. So nervous.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2017, 06:58:20 AM »
Have not received a IHS refund yet, so looks good. So nervous.

Congrats on getting the email :)

It can take up to 3 months from the decision date to receive an IHS refund, so you can't really use that as any kind of reliable indicator of the decision outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 49
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2017, 12:16:10 PM »
KSand, i know there is no way to decode emails,but mine sounds a bit different to most people, Idk what you think

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2017, 12:21:36 PM »
KSand, i know there is no way to decode emails,but mine sounds a bit different to most people, Idk what you think

It's been confirmed above by Katoo who has had 2 x Decision emails that yours is absolutely a Decision email.   Everything is good.

05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2017, 12:37:28 PM »

No, as mentioned, it's the same one everyone else gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2017, 11:02:14 PM »
Updated 10th July.  Centralised rolling log.
Anyone new reading this please post your timeline. The more the merrier and the better the info for all. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Priority Spouse Applications 2017 (started March)
March Average 20.25 Business Days. March range 14BD-30BD (16 applications).
April Average 29.75 Business Days. April range 19BD-42BD with one at 54BD (25 applications).
May Average estimated ~28 Business Days with 6 applications pending. May range so far 11BD-43BD (31 applications).

Date received by Sheffield email /  Username  /  Date of Decision Email from Sheffield Business Days taken for Decision Email
May-01   Alyssa   June-01           21BD     
May-05   Rschaudh June-16       29BD     **Newborn settlement visa**
May-05   dbendick   June-26      35BD
May-05   kash                                                **From Pakistan**
May-05   Globalmama                                     **From New Zealand**
May-08   Vik   May-31                 16BD
May-08   Windle June-29            37BD   
May-08   mbmoffat   
May-08   40GreenGrapes June3038BD   **Retrospectively upgraded to Priority(June-2)**
May-08   BeeAllen June-27         35BD   
May-10   EmilyUK                                     **Initially sent to wrong processing centre address in Sheffield**
May-10   Kaybees June-26          32BD   
May-11   ReturningHome June1  14BD
May-12   Kris107   June-21          27BD
May-12   Charmskac10 June-5    15BD
May-15   AmericanMom July-3    34BD   **Retrospectively upgraded to Priority (June-2)**
May-15   whit92   May-31            11BD
May-15   chaitealatte June-28     31BD
May-17   LeapLiz  June-28          29BD 
May-18   new-yorkshire June-27 27BD   
May-22   hgkg         June-27        25BD   
May-23   GerrittP     June-20       19BD
May-23   ahindocha  June-26      23BD
May-24   amber.cameron                           **Retrospectively upgraded to Priority (July-8)**
May-25   pondxrs     June-27       22BD   
May-26   UKBound419     
May-28   livelytania
May-30   tazzymundo July-3        24BD    
May-30   hne   July-3                    24BD     **Retrospectively upgraded to Priority (June-20)**
May-31   quinoaeggroll July-3      33BD
May-31   LKP   June-19               13BD
May-31   leanne1989  June-27    19BD 
June-1    tjkreg  July-3                  22BD   
June-1    withnail961                                 **Retrospectively upgraded to P'ty (June-20). Sheffield email late (June-21)**
June-1    brenzie July-7                26BD
June-2    saie09   July-4               22BD                           
June-5    sunshineusa July-6       23BD   ****Most recent decision email**** 
June-7    Brenna1017                                **Retrospectively upgraded to P'ty (July-1)**
June-8    Suzane-muz                                **From Tunisia**
June-9    jckane8118                                 **UPS Tracking shows received at Sheffield**   
June-12  Richie July-4                 17BD
June-13  SHL2017
June-13  Zunis   
June-14  Robinsnc
June-15  DusitinDep             
June-15  jessica321 July-6         15BD   ****Most recent decision email**** 
June-16  Janette Phillips
June-16  PhoebesMum July-6    14BD    ****Most recent decision email**** 
June-16  rmky2UK
June-26  Mamamia
July-3     Sheeple87
July-7     agaweda
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 12:23:13 AM by mbmoffat »

05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email

• Liked: 17
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2017, 02:02:09 AM »
Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2017, 05:14:39 AM »
Thanks / tell me about it!.    Just in case you are wondering if its a dodgy application;

I wasn't! You seem way too organized for that!  ;)

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2017, 08:25:51 AM »
It's been confirmed above by Katoo who has had 2 x Decision emails that yours is absolutely a Decision email.   Everything is good.

Thanks for that.  May no one else have to see this email twice to know that refusal and approval decision email looks exactly the same.

I really thought I had given a definitive answer.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2017, 08:29:05 AM »
Thanks for that.  May no one else have to see this email twice to know that refusal and approval decision email looks exactly the same.

I really thought I had given a definitive answer.

You did but sometimes people just need to hear it from ksand!  :)

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2017, 08:41:29 AM »
You did but sometimes people just need to hear it from ksand!  :)

Which is a bit silly really, since I've never applied for a UK visa and therefore have never received that email myself... so I'm relying on other people who have applied posting the wording of their emails here on the forum, so we can compare to see if they are the same or not :).

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2017, 09:15:57 AM »
Decision email:

The refusal decision email, dated 29/3/17

Dear MY FULL NAME

Regarding Visa Application:  GWF043003234       

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

This is an automated message – please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

The approval email dated. 6/1/17

Dear MY FULL NAME

Regarding Visa Application:  GWF043454504       

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

I do remember clearly how the mind started playing tricks and you start looking for clues.  It is just such an awful period of limbo.  But both emails are identical.  And I hate that I know this.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab