Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Surviving the long wait. Karaoke and knitting circle!. Pink toasters available!  (Read 24397 times)

• Liked: 449
I love this! We're driving to Lake Superior tonight so I'll cast on some socks in the car. Just have to pick a pattern. I've packed up all my needles and yarn except for enough for one pair. If I don't have them ready by the time my decision email arrives I'll finish them on my flight.

I taught myself to knit in one day when my daughter was home sick from daycare. I used a combination of Lion Brand Yarn's pdfs, youtube and found a a few local yarn shops that would host meet ups where there are always people to answer questions. It's not as complicated as you think, but be sure to watch for UK/US needle size.

Excellent! That sounds like a great plan. I just cast on and did four rows of my first square. Feel better already  :D Good point about needle sizes, didn't think of that. Think we have old and new system sizes here too, just to add to confusion! Mine have 70mm written on them - bamboo needles - chunky cos for some reason i'm not feeling patient and wanted the squares to appear quickly! 70mm equals size 2 UK and appears not to exist in US between 10.5 and 11?
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 6110
How do we attach pics?

You use the insert image icon (below the bold icon on the left) I think you have to use  hosting site, and copy image location. I actually used Ravelry for that purpose when I posted pics of my kitties!  I'll try it again now.

The cat moved when I was taking the picture, which is why she looks so evil (!) but the star of the photo was the little mouse which I knitted!  :D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:45:44 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 253
You use the insert image icon (below the bold icon on the left) I think you have to use  hosting site, and copy image location. I actually used Ravelry for that purpose when I posted pics of my kitties!  I'll try it again now.

The cat moved when I was taking the picture, which is why she looks so evil (!) but the star of the photo was the little mouse which I knitted!  :D

That's adorable! I use Ravelry all the time for crochet patterns!
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

That's adorable! I use Ravelry all the time for crochet patterns!

Thank you!  ;D  It's Marisol the knitted mouse. Free pattern on Rav.

I must pick up my needles again. I'd only just got into knitting when my husband had his accident. It was a godsend for all those long hours spent in the hospital.

Thank you!  ;D  It's Marisol the knitted mouse. Free pattern on Rav.

I must pick up my needles again. I'd only just got into knitting when my husband had his accident. It was a godsend for all those long hours spent in the hospital.

You totally should :)

I tried to learn how to knit, but it's eluded me for years. Literally. My mom tried to teach me when I was 5. Still can't do it  ::)
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)

You totally should :)

I tried to learn how to knit, but it's eluded me for years. Literally. My mom tried to teach me when I was 5. Still can't do it  ::)

That's funny, I was exactly the same with crochet. Bought a book and hooks, all thumbs.. didn't have a clue what to do!  :D

Ha brilliant. The cat looks like its guarding the mouse. That's some advanced knitting! So I can't just add a pic from my camera then? Great to hear all these knitting stories.
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

Ha brilliant. The cat looks like its guarding the mouse. That's some advanced knitting! So I can't just add a pic from my cam

era then? Great to hear all these knitting stories.

You can try but I don't think so.
Actually, that is a really simple pattern.  :) I did it very early on. It's a little fiddly because it's small but not difficult at all.

This is the one that I am most proud of and definitely advanced stuff.  8)

It was difficult to take because it's so big!  ;D

Actually, that is a really simple pattern.  :) I did it very early on. It's a little fiddly because it's small but not difficult at all.

Wow!!!
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Biometrics 5th May 2017
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

• Liked: 424
Now that is some serious work, and art larrabee!

Now that is some serious work, and art larrabee!

Thank you Rick!  :D A lot of work but the design is not mine (I wish!)

It's by  Sharon Winsauer and called Dragon of Happiness.

• Liked: 134

Looks like the cat approves!

We have both a knitting and a crochet group which meet in the library. I am always impressed by what they can do.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

Looks like the cat approves!

They were just babies then..  sooo cute!  :D

That's funny, I was exactly the same with crochet. Bought a book and hooks, all thumbs.. didn't have a clue what to do!  :D

I think my motivation was seeing a bunch of amigurumi online. I've done loads of pokemon, and now they just sit around my house. It was harder to find the patterns for knitting as opposed to crochet so I went with that  ::)

Though that dragon (below) is fantastic!

Sponsored Links