Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Residence card application  (Read 1938 times)

• Liked: 0
Residence card application
« on: July 18, 2017, 09:33:03 PM »
I am applying for a residence card. Can I use my US naturalization certificate as my identity/nationality proof instead of my passport?

I heard it takes a really long time to get one and I'd rather not be without my passport since I want to do a bit of travelling this summer. 

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
Re: Residence card application
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 10:35:19 AM »
What application are you making?

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 07:04:30 PM »
I'm making the application as a non EEA direct family member of an EEA national.

I want to get a residence card to be able to stay in the UK with my family.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 07:07:38 PM »
Do you have a family permit?  Are you already in the UK?

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 11:02:25 AM »
Do you have a family permit?  Are you already in the UK?
Yes I have a permit. I'm in the UK already and have a job as well.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 03:25:19 PM »
I am applying for a residence card. Can I use my US naturalization certificate as my identity/nationality proof instead of my passport?

Apply for a UK residence card

3. Documents you must provide

For each person on the application you’ll need to provide:

a current passport
    2 passport size colour photographs
    one passport size colour photograph of your European Economic Area (EEA) national (or British citizen) sponsor
    your EEA family member’s valid passport or national identity card
    evidence of your relationship to your EEA family member - such as a marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate, birth certificate, or proof that you’ve lived together for 2 years if you’re unmarried

You also need to provide proof of one of the following, depending on your eligibility:

that your EEA family member has a permanent right of residence
    that your EEA family member is a ‘qualified person’
    that you qualify because of a ‘retained right of residence’
    that you qualify for a ‘Surinder Singh’ application

You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh.

You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.

Read the guidance on the application form relevant to you,

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/documents-you-must-provide
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 03:31:34 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 676
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 08:45:05 AM »
Hi. We applied for an EEA residence certificate (for me) and a non-eea dependent residence card (for my daughter). Mailed it all on July 1, tracking shows it signed for on July 4 (missed the outgoing mail on that Saturday so it sat at the post office until Monday's mail).  Have heard nothing so far, and they have not charged my credit card as of this morning, 3 weeks later. In all the online blogs where people have been posting timelines, their payments were taken within a week of the processing center receiving the application, so I'm a little nervous. Even with all of the flood of applications I'm sure they've gotten, 3 weeks is kind of a long time.

On the 19th we put in a request to get my daughter's passport (with her family permit in it) back, as she needs it for her University.  We received a reference number for the request.  According to everything online, we should see the passport returned within 10 days. If we don't get it in 10 days, we can contact them to ask about it.

SO, hypothetically it is possible to get your passport back after you send it in. But once your family permit expires, you can't really travel - or, rather, you can't get back into the UK if you go out of it - is what we've been told, until you have that residence card. Everything I've seen online seems to have the process taking about 6 months, so we are not expecting the residency card until around Christmas.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/601817/EEA_FM_-03-17.pdf

I believe if your EEA sponsor is in one of the categories of qualified person OTHER than "self-sufficient" or "student" you can use the online system to apply. Otherwise, you have to do the paper form. If you can do the online version, you can take your application to a regional center where they'll verify your passport and all that, and then you can have it back immediately.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:50:34 AM by Nan D. »

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 09:34:11 AM »
Hi. We applied for an EEA residence certificate (for me) and a non-eea dependent residence card (for my daughter). Mailed it all on July 1, tracking shows it signed for on July 4 (missed the outgoing mail on that Saturday so it sat at the post office until Monday's mail).  Have heard nothing so far, and they have not charged my credit card as of this morning, 3 weeks later. In all the online blogs where people have been posting timelines, their payments were taken within a week of the processing center receiving the application, so I'm a little nervous. Even with all of the flood of applications I'm sure they've gotten, 3 weeks is kind of a long time.

On the 19th we put in a request to get my daughter's passport (with her family permit in it) back, as she needs it for her University.  We received a reference number for the request.  According to everything online, we should see the passport returned within 10 days. If we don't get it in 10 days, we can contact them to ask about it.
[snip...]

Ok, nothing going on (no payment taken, no request for biometrics), so I phoned. Amazingly I reached someone within 3 minutes of calling. She said we'd not see anything as far as payment taken for at least 8 weeks had passed, they are that backed up.

Since we did not request to cancel the application, they won't return the passport until the process is done, since the "residency card" goes in the passport... I must have gotten that wrong - I thought a residency card was an actual card....
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:36:27 AM by Nan D. »

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 10:19:16 AM »

I received an email on Aug 8 saying they'd received my application for an EEA residence certificate and that they'd try to fulfill the application within 6 months. Nothing about Daughter's application for an EEA dependent family member residency card - it was in the same envelope. We also have had no response on the "return of passport" request or the appeal for information filed when it didn't arrive by the 30th.  They must be horribly swamped in Durham.

The status on my residence certificate says "awaiting decision." No payments have been taken. Oh my. Well, at least they acknowledged having it and I've got a reference number now.  :)

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 02:00:32 PM »
They must be horribly swamped in Durham.

Millions of applicants now, and it's not hard to see why.

There are 29 countries to use the EU's free movement in but at the last count, 25% of EEA citizens who used the EU's free movement, came to the UK. Although Liechtenstein is allowed to restrict immigration to their country to just 66 EU permits a year. That was 3 million EEA citizens in the UK at the last count.

Then there all the millions of 3rd country nationals (non-EEA citizens) who have used EEA laws and European Court of Justice rulings to enter the UK. The UK list the numbers of immigrants under their nationality, so these don't feature in the UK stats of EU immigration, even though these are only in the UK as they are using EEA Regulations and court rulings. ? millions.

Then add in all those who have not been living lawfully in the UK (and the EU makes this very easy for them and hard for an EEA country to find and deport them). Brexit has focused their minds to start being lawfully in the UK and some of these are applying for RCs as proof they are in the UK (although these can  become invalid and they are then no longer lawfully in the UK).

Then add in the predicted rush to the UK since the Leave decision, before the UK closes its immigration doors.

You can see why these queues for the various EU's Cards, will get longer. :)

We still have the registration before Brexit, for all those who can't have British citizenship before Brexit and who will be hoping to be allowed to stay when EU laws end. Considering all the millions in the UK using these various EU laws over the last few decades and that only half a million have managed to be granted British citizenship since the UK voted to leave the UK 14 months ago, this queue is likely to be long.

Expect lots of waiting. ;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 02:02:22 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 04:46:57 PM »
On the good side, they're starting to ramp up their hiring....  ;)

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 09:02:25 AM »
On the good side, they're starting to ramp up their hiring....  ;)

The're going to need to if they want to stick to their 'all to register before EU laws end' and then checking all these millions. ;) 

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 09:23:48 AM »
Yep.  On the passport side, they are advertising they are trying to recruit to fill 300 part-time positions.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab