Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Who wants to play pass the parcel?  (Read 80758 times)

• Liked: 387
Re: Who wants to play pass the parcel?
« Reply #1350 on: March 10, 2019, 08:40:31 AM »
Sorry, I've been a bit absent recently and am trying to catch up.

Where are we, list-wise?  I'm in no rush and don't want to rush the current parcel-holder of course :D - just curious for planning.  ;)

I'm visiting the US family in April for 2 weeks, and could obtain some nice goodies for the parcel!

• Liked: 82
« Reply #1351 on: March 10, 2019, 08:47:16 AM »
Sorry, I've been a bit absent recently and am trying to catch up.

Where are we, list-wise?  I'm in no rush and don't want to rush the current parcel-holder of course :D - just curious for planning.  ;)

I'm visiting the US family in April for 2 weeks, and could obtain some nice goodies for the parcel!
Lyonaria has it :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
« Reply #1352 on: March 10, 2019, 10:09:12 AM »
Lyonaria has it :)

Hey hey,
It's getting out this week sometime. It's been a bit crazy here at my house. Landlord visit and my husband was diagnosed with MS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #1353 on: March 10, 2019, 10:11:06 AM »
lyonaria, I'm sorry to hear about your husband.  Getting an answer though is always a good start. Hopefully he can get good support and he can feel better and therefore, you can start to feel better too.  (((hugs)))
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #1354 on: March 10, 2019, 10:15:49 AM »
lyonaria, I'm sorry to hear about your husband.  Getting an answer though is always a good start. Hopefully he can get good support and he can feel better and therefore, you can start to feel better too.  (((hugs)))
Thanks. It's good to know and now they can start some treatment for his Ankylosing Spondialitis and the MS. He couldn't do any treatment on the first until we knew if he has the MS and it's been nearly a year to get that dignosis, they dropped the ball getting him his neurologist appointment. He only went in in January when he was supposed to get in last summer.

It's been a bit stressful here, but it's going out this week. I'll take it on lunch sometime.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #1355 on: March 10, 2019, 10:21:34 AM »
Hey hey,
It's getting out this week sometime. It's been a bit crazy here at my house. Landlord visit and my husband was diagnosed with MS.

No worries and no rush at all!  *hugs*  As I said, I've been away for bit (also a lot going on in real life) and just wanted to check in and make sure that I wasn't holding the list up or anything like that.

I'm so sorry about your husband, but having an answer is always a great first step even though it may not feel like it initially.  I've gone undiagnosed with a chronic illness for years, and even though it's certainly tough, finally knowing was half the battle.  Now you can get specific and tailored treatment and assistance.  Sending lots of virtual love to you both!

« Reply #1356 on: March 10, 2019, 10:26:01 AM »
No worries and no rush at all!  *hugs*  As I said, I've been away for bit (also a lot going on in real life) and just wanted to check in and make sure that I wasn't holding the list up or anything like that.

I'm so sorry about your husband, but having an answer is always a great first step even though it may not feel like it initially.  I've gone undiagnosed with a chronic illness for years, and even though it's certainly tough, finally knowing was half the battle.  Now you can get specific and tailored treatment and assistance.  Sending lots of virtual love to you both!
Thanks, time has just flown, I was off work when it arrived and then back at work has been busy. I started some therapy from the fun triggering event last October but it's a bit stressful as well and the MS diagnosis. Just one thing after another it seems. Oh, the adulting I have done!

But things are calming down now and I can think about shipping getting this box back in circulation!

• Liked: 82
« Reply #1357 on: March 10, 2019, 10:30:31 AM »
Lyonaria, don't stress about getting it out.  Hope you and hubby are doing ok. It is a tough diagnosis

« Reply #1358 on: March 10, 2019, 10:36:38 AM »
Lyonaria, don't stress about getting it out.  Hope you and hubby are doing ok. It is a tough diagnosis

Definitely not stressing, but just realised how long I've had it. Haha.

I've a post office close enough to work, so I'll get it back out soon. It's in a co-op so I can even get one of their mini loaves for lunch. Yum!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #1359 on: March 10, 2019, 10:39:38 AM »
Thanks, time has just flown, I was off work when it arrived and then back at work has been busy. I started some therapy from the fun triggering event last October but it's a bit stressful as well and the MS diagnosis. Just one thing after another it seems. Oh, the adulting I have done!

But things are calming down now and I can think about shipping getting this box back in circulation!

I know you will but be sure to remember to look after yourself when everything is going on around your husband.  [smiley=hug.gif]

« Reply #1360 on: March 10, 2019, 11:15:24 AM »
I know you will but be sure to remember to look after yourself when everything is going on around your husband.  [smiley=hug.gif]

^ This a million times over!

To be a good carer, you do have to be a bit selfish.  Remember to care for YOU as well.  :)

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #1361 on: March 16, 2019, 10:24:55 AM »
Lyonaria, take your time, and as Larrabee and Aquila have said, take care of you.

You and KF, both, when you have time, we (well, I, at least... I suppose I shouldn't speak for all of us) would love to see pics of the items you've selected.  I really hope you were able to find something that gave you a smile.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #1362 on: March 29, 2019, 04:23:15 PM »
The long stop over is through!!! The parcel is in the post. Should be there early next week, or so they told me at the post office.

I was a good kid and took a picture!! It does not, unfortunately have the amazing Jar of pickles sent to me in the photo... I ate those while I was unwell and they made me sooooo happy. The magnets are on my fridge! And the rainbow laces will go in a pair of my shoes!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #1363 on: March 30, 2019, 09:00:57 AM »
The long stop over is through!!! The parcel is in the post. Should be there early next week, or so they told me at the post office.

I was a good kid and took a picture!! It does not, unfortunately have the amazing Jar of pickles sent to me in the photo... I ate those while I was unwell and they made me sooooo happy. The magnets are on my fridge! And the rainbow laces will go in a pair of my shoes!

Those rainbow laces were so tempting!  Yay!  Thanks for showing us your selections!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 239
« Reply #1364 on: March 30, 2019, 09:26:21 AM »
I love the HO magnet!  :D
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab