Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Who wants to play pass the parcel?  (Read 81044 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Who wants to play pass the parcel?
« Reply #435 on: November 27, 2017, 08:38:54 PM »
The kitty stamp is wonderful! I definitely would have grabbed that out of the boxes!

Love the kitty stamp.  I feel like they are Copper kisses from the rainbows!

I'm going back into the workshop to refine the concept sometime this week (I'd be out there every day, but it's cold and I'm a wuss).  I don't need too many stamps, myself, so if anybody has a preference for something different, I could practice on custom designs and re-home my practice.  I probably can't do anything too detailed, though... I'm not sure how well the material will hold up if it's carved too thin.  Or if you just want paw prints, I'm happy with that, too.  It's the actual structure that is a little bit off and I'll be refining; the stamped image is optional.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 537
« Reply #436 on: November 28, 2017, 06:22:59 PM »
I just looked her up, and she was last active on November 17.  Looking at her posts, I don't think she said anything about going on holiday. Maybe she's just distracted with Thanksgiving/holidays?

It'll probably take a couple of days for the parcels to get up to you from way down here.  Hopefully, she'll turn up before you're ready to ship it on again.  We can worry about what to do if we don't hear from her in time when/if that happens.
She's posting on her Facebook, you could try PMing her again. I'm sure things are fine.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #437 on: November 29, 2017, 05:58:02 PM »
She's posting on her Facebook, you could try PMing her again. I'm sure things are fine.

If you're friends with her on Facebook, could you give her a little nudge to let her know her turn is coming up soon?  :)

• Liked: 537
« Reply #438 on: November 29, 2017, 06:41:04 PM »
If you're friends with her on Facebook, could you give her a little nudge to let her know her turn is coming up soon?  :)

Sure! Happy to do that. We're in a local Facebook group together too. I'll let her know. I had to check and see if she was posting. Haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 154
« Reply #439 on: November 29, 2017, 08:26:58 PM »
I love the stamp idea!! I forgot to tell my mom to bring me allergy medicine aka Benadryl last time she came.  Hoping you guys get through to AV I think I'm after and I'm just so excited to get it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #440 on: November 29, 2017, 08:43:27 PM »
I love the stamp idea!! I forgot to tell my mom to bring me allergy medicine aka Benadryl last time she came.  Hoping you guys get through to AV I think I'm after and I'm just so excited to get it

If I hadn't woke up all sniffly and sneezy yesterday and resorted to taking one of the Benadryl already, I would feel bad about selecting them before you had your turn.  But I was convinced I had a cold yesterday, and I'm fine today, thanks to one magical little capsule.  I'm so glad to have these... I don't know what I'll do when they run out (they'll probably outlast the use-by date, though, so I'm not too worried!).

I bought some proper re-inker and have put a few drops on the foam in the stamp lid, and now it works exactly as intended.  I have made a thing!  But the ink I bought was black, because I'm cheap and it was the least expensive, so now the stamp makes little black pawprints.  :P  The only thing left is to sort out a better foam cutting system so that part doesn't look like a bit of a misshapen disaster.   ::)

• Liked: 768
« Reply #441 on: November 29, 2017, 08:47:31 PM »
If I hadn't woke up all sniffly and sneezy yesterday and resorted to taking one of the Benadryl already, I would feel bad about selecting them before you had your turn.  But I was convinced I had a cold yesterday, and I'm fine today, thanks to one magical little capsule.  I'm so glad to have these... I don't know what I'll do when they run out (they'll probably outlast the use-by date, though, so I'm not too worried!).

I bought some proper re-inker and have put a few drops on the foam in the stamp lid, and now it works exactly as intended.  I have made a thing!  But the ink I bought was black, because I'm cheap and it was the least expensive, so now the stamp makes little black pawprints.    The only thing left is to sort out a better foam cutting system so that part doesn't look like a bit of a misshapen disaster.   ::)
You can still buy diphenhydramine here. It's just sold as sleep meds through the chemist (OTC) and not as allergy meds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Reply #442 on: November 29, 2017, 09:00:33 PM »
You can still buy diphenhydramine here. It's just sold as sleep meds through the chemist (OTC) and not as allergy meds.

Oh!  Same concentration?  Actually, that labeling is appropriate, as shortly after I took the capsule, I had a nice nap.  But I also was up pretty last on Monday night (I discovered a Minesweeper app for my phone that is almost exactly like the old Windows version...  ::) ) and didn't sleep in on Tuesday, so I was tired.  And sniffly and sneezy.  And then I took a drugs.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #443 on: November 29, 2017, 09:04:37 PM »
Oh!  Same concentration?  Actually, that labeling is appropriate, as shortly after I took the capsule, I had a nice nap.  But I also was up pretty last on Monday night (I discovered a Minesweeper app for my phone that is almost exactly like the old Windows version...  ::) ) and didn't sleep in on Tuesday, so I was tired.  And sniffly and sneezy.  And then I took a drugs.
Yes, actually in 25mg and 50mg tabs.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #444 on: November 29, 2017, 09:12:09 PM »

Be careful though, because it can only be sold to you as a sleeping aid (and only in packets of 20 tablets - and you can’t buy more than one packet at a time, since it shouldn’t be used for more than a few days).

It’s against the law for pharmacies to sell diphenhydramine to you for any other reason than to help with sleep (I worked behind the counter in a pharmacy for several years).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 154
« Reply #445 on: November 29, 2017, 09:14:24 PM »

Please don't feel bad! I have a couple bottles I think still in a box from our move in the garage. Never fully unpacked and now that it's cold out I can't bother to go out there

I have year round allergies and don't sleep well so I'm a bit cheeky and take them at night time sometimes.  So I usually stock up when I visit or have a visitor.

That sounds kind of  bad.. lol but I don't rely on them or anything they just help both problems .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #446 on: November 29, 2017, 09:18:21 PM »

Oooh.  I will keep this in mind when it's time to replenish my supply.

Be careful though, because it can only be sold to you as a sleeping aid (and only in packets of 20 tablets - and you can’t buy more than one packet at a time, since it shouldn’t be used for more than a few days).

It’s against the law for pharmacies to sell diphenhydramine to you for any other reason than to help with sleep (I worked behind the counter in a pharmacy for several years).

Useful information for when/if I need to shop for it.  I now know how to ask for it.  :)  20 tablets should surely be enough to get me through a mild cold (especially since I've scarcely been sick since moving the UK!).  I can live with that.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #447 on: November 30, 2017, 10:15:03 AM »
I suspected these were your contributions!  Next time my ribs are acting up, you will be in my thoughts.

Larrabee, I strongly suspect I know which item you put in, and if I'm right, I really really wanted it.  And now I realize I could've justified taking it...

I spent part of Friday in the workshop making a thing, but I wasn't able to fully test it, and my husband loved the concept but without testing to see that it worked as designed, he thought I shouldn't include it in the box.  So I didn't have the third item that I'd hoped to include in the end, so I wasn't able to take the other item that I was pondering.  But today I finally was able to test the thing I made (by diluting some acrylic paint to serve a "ink")...  This is what you guys didn't get:

I'm sorry if I let you guys down.  But now that I know it works, I can take this concept and run with it!  (I mean, it had to work... I had things similar to this as a child... just made of plastic, rather than wood.)

That's super cute! I still think you should set up an etsy shop. You could totally sell these, amongst other things...
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #448 on: November 30, 2017, 11:04:09 AM »
If anyone needs Benadryl, just holler. I may have gone a little overboard at Costco last time.  No one needs as much Benadryl as I have in my house.  LOL!

• Liked: 82
« Reply #449 on: November 30, 2017, 11:46:02 AM »
If anyone needs Benadryl, just holler. I may have gone a little overboard at Costco last time.  No one needs as much Benadryl as I have in my house.  LOL!
Omg in desperate need of benadryl

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab