Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Who wants to play pass the parcel?  (Read 81081 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: Who wants to play pass the parcel?
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2017, 10:21:03 PM »
I have Reese's cups in my fridge right now (I like 'em chilled so the chocolate has a satisfyingly crunchy "bite" to it)!  Tesco have had them on offer three 3-cup packets for £1.20 (or is it £1.80?  I don't remember... I just know it was basically getting one for free off the regular price) for ages.  I buy the offer semi-regularly.  I would love the miniature cups in the foil wrappers (not the mini's, though... that's taking miniaturization a step too far), but these regular sized cups are easily obtained, so I'll accept them.

They used to have the foil ones at Sainsbury's then they stopped carrying them. I was so bummed. They do well really large bags of the foil ones at the holidays. Very expensive though.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 154
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2017, 10:52:15 PM »
Well I missed the parcel today but I'm stopping at my post office tomorrow to grab it, usually my neighbors will take our packages but they must not have been home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2017, 06:01:38 AM »
Well I missed the parcel today but I'm stopping at my post office tomorrow to grab it, usually my neighbors will take our packages but they must not have been home.

Yay! It got there quickly!  ;D  This is so much fun! ...Good job Jimbocz!!! ;D

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2017, 10:41:46 AM »
Jimbo, I go to the US next week.  Do you need grits?

Thanks so much for the offer but I would burn in hell if I asked you to carry a kilo of grits .  You've got two kids to take care of!  No doubt you've got tons of stuff already.  Plus, I can actually get grits from Amazon, it's just a bit pricey. 

Thanks for the thought!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2017, 10:56:28 AM »
They used to have the foil ones at Sainsbury's then they stopped carrying them. I was so bummed. They do well really large bags of the foil ones at the holidays. Very expensive though.

Oooh, I will look for them in a couple of months!

Yay! It got there quickly!  ;D  This is so much fun! ...Good job Jimbocz!!! ;D

It got to Eh so much quicker than from me down here to you way up there!  Yay!  Yes, good idea Jimbocz!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2017, 11:26:09 AM »
Thanks so much for the offer but I would burn in hell if I asked you to carry a kilo of grits .  You've got two kids to take care of!  No doubt you've got tons of stuff already.  Plus, I can actually get grits from Amazon, it's just a bit pricey. 

Thanks for the thought!

My packing list looks like this:
Kids - everything we've ever bought and then loads of crap we would only need in every type of emergency situation
Me & hubby - change of pants

What did I pack before kids?!?

« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2017, 11:27:53 AM »

It got to Eh so much quicker than from me down here to you way up there!  Yay!  Yes, good idea Jimbocz!

Because it was going downhill to Eh….

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2017, 11:43:08 AM »
My packing list looks like this:
Kids - everything we've ever bought and then loads of crap we would only need in every type of emergency situation
Me & hubby - change of pants

What did I pack before kids?!?

Probably just nonsensical luxuries like changes of shoes, a nice outfit in case you want to go out even though you know it's not in your plans and there's really no time to squeeze anything else in but you never know, makeup for that night out that isn't happening, etc.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2017, 11:47:02 AM »
Probably just nonsensical luxuries like changes of shoes, a nice outfit in case you want to go out even though you know it's not in your plans and there's really no time to squeeze anything else in but you never know, makeup for that night out that isn't happening, etc.

Lol!  I think you are exactly right!

I do have a bit of a dilemma.  Baby gets baptised while we are there and I haven't even remotely lost the a baby weight so I have nothing to wear.  Quite literally...  and I am too cheap to buy something.  Must get creative!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2017, 11:51:05 AM »
Wait a minute, I haven't seen anyone posting what came out of the box.  Enquiring minds want to know.

« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2017, 11:54:45 AM »
Wait a minute, I haven't seen anyone posting what came out of the box.  Enquiring minds want to know.

I had wondered if you guys wanted me to wait until I can post pictures, (which I can't until after the exorcism) or if you would like me to describe what I got?

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2017, 12:15:15 PM »
I had wondered if you guys wanted me to wait until I can post pictures, (which I can't until after the exorcism) or if you would like me to describe what I got?

I know everything you had to choose from, so I don't think it's fair to the others for me to weigh in on the picture vs. description question.  (A description would be sufficient for me, obviously.)

• Liked: 154
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2017, 06:25:04 PM »
Because it was going downhill to Eh….

Guys don't hate me but I missed picking it up again! They sent it to the actual RM depot versus the local post office. It's close to work but I was running late leaving and had to pick up the kiddo. But I'm going into the office tomorrow so I'll swing by and get it and then have it on it's way probably by Monday! :D

• Liked: 82
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2017, 06:37:50 PM »
Guys don't hate me but I missed picking it up again! They sent it to the actual RM depot versus the local post office. It's close to work but I was running late leaving and had to pick up the kiddo. But I'm going into the office tomorrow so I'll swing by and get it and then have it on it's way probably by Monday! :D
Take your time. I'm going away the 2 September for 11 days so it needs to stretch out a bit :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2017, 09:14:12 PM »

This is supposed to be a fun activity, not stressful! Take your time!  ;D

Sponsored Links