Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help with prepping a new application -just in case!  (Read 2077 times)

• Liked: 261
Re: Help with prepping a new application -just in case!
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 01:39:34 AM »
Hey, my sister finished her undergrad and PhD at Virginia Tech . I know it's a big school but don't come across many from there!

I *really* hope they count all of your income and documents and you finally get a positive decision. It's beyond cruel for them to hold onto your passport this long when you could easily reapply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a big school, but a teeny, tiny town! If we were there at the same time, there's a chance she crossed my path or my husband's, especially since we were grad students/employees! Go Hokies?  ;D
Applied online: 22 June, 2017
Biometrics and Docs mailed: 23 June, 2017
Arrived in Sheffield (via UPS): 26 June, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield: 11 July, 2017
"not straightforward" Email: 2 August, 2017
Unsolicited additional documents: 14 August, 2017
Decision made: 25 September, then revoked
Second Decision: 25 October, 2017
Docs returned: 30 October, 2017
Flight to UK: 2 November, 2017

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 08:20:50 AM »
I.AM.AN.IDIOT.

I have been all freaked out about the financial requirement, and I just realized that its pre-tax income. That means we meet it for our original application, and I"m back to having no clue why they're screwing around with my application!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you didn't include all the required financial information with the original application.  We always knew you met the requirement.  Did you send 12 months payslips, 12 months bank statements, and the letter for the job offer (as I don't think it had started yet)?  If so, then correct, you have nothing to worry about.   :D  If you didn't, well, let's just hope they honor their promise to include the added documentation. 

• Liked: 261
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 09:13:10 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you didn't include all the required financial information with the original application.  We always knew you met the requirement.  Did you send 12 months payslips, 12 months bank statements, and the letter for the job offer (as I don't think it had started yet)?  If so, then correct, you have nothing to worry about.   :D  If you didn't, well, let's just hope they honor their promise to include the added documentation.

Youre right that I didn’t send them originally. If they honor the additional documents, it should be okay.
Applied online: 22 June, 2017
Biometrics and Docs mailed: 23 June, 2017
Arrived in Sheffield (via UPS): 26 June, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield: 11 July, 2017
"not straightforward" Email: 2 August, 2017
Unsolicited additional documents: 14 August, 2017
Decision made: 25 September, then revoked
Second Decision: 25 October, 2017
Docs returned: 30 October, 2017
Flight to UK: 2 November, 2017

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab